Home

Pokerplaya's FINAL ALL MADDEN SLIDERS!

This is a discussion on Pokerplaya's FINAL ALL MADDEN SLIDERS! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2005, 07:37 AM   #1
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Pokerplaya's FINAL ALL MADDEN SLIDERS!

Pokerplaya's Final All-Madden Sliders
12 Minute Accelerated Clock, All-Madden
Offense Catch Assist ON, All Other Assists OFF
Sub In/Sub Out 83/90%
Sliders listed as HUM/CPU - Clicks from left.

Offense -

QB Accuracy - 9/9
Pass Blocking - 1/1
WR Catching - 10/10
RB Ability - 7/13
Run Blocking - 0/0

Defense -

Awareness - 10/10
Knockdowns - 1/0
Interceptions - 6/6
Break Block - 0/0
Tackling - 1/1

Special Teams -

FG Length - 14/14
FG Accuracy - 0/0
Punt Length - 11/19
Punt Accuracy - 19/19
KO Length - 11/12

----------------------

These sliders are a result of countless test games, practice labbing, and replay observations. These sliders I feel show the truest "play to ratings" available, at least as a base set for the All-Madden level.

I will be posting stats after this post, but as you will see - the pancake problem has been seriously alleviated here, the QB's are far from super on the CPU side - while still maintaining a challenge for even advanced players. The return game, while still nerfed, is a bit more existent, especially on kickoffs.

I do recommend these sliders for more advanced players, but as questions arise I will be happy to help tweak them for less experienced players and offer my help wherever I can.

I will post the first game of my SS career as a test result for you folks, but I believe I'll be playing a SS and a Franchise with the Lions, so I'll be happy to post more stats as I play more games.

---------------------

My only request for critiquing or suggesting improvements for the sliders is to allow 3 games played for variance between games, and to provide a larger sample size for the sliders as a whole. This would be greatly appreciated by not only myself, but I'm sure the whole community will agree.

Please enjoy these sliders, and hopefully I've fixed MOST of the problems, and if not we can get it a lot closer here!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2005, 07:51 AM   #2
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Re: Pokerplaya's FINAL ALL MADDEN SLIDERS!

Test Game - Superstar Mode

Denver (HUM) 23, at Miami 20 (CPU)

QB:

Superstar (DEN) 93 OVR - 19/28 - 67.9%, 201 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 4 sacks
A.J. Feeley (MIA) 9/18 - 50%, 108 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 5 sacks

HB:

T. Bell (DEN) 28att, 113 yards, 4.0avg, 31 long, 1fum
Superstar (DEN) 6att, 16 yards, 2.7avg, 8 long, 1TD
M. Anderson (DEN) 3att, 4 yards, 1.3avg, 6 long
K. Johnson (DEN) 1att, 1 yard

R. Brown (MIA) 23att, 93 yards, 4.0avg, 17 long, 1 TD
L. Gordon (MIA) 1att, 9 yards
R. Williams (MIA) 1att, 4 yards

WR:

Smith (DEN) 6rec, 66 yards, 15 long
Lelie (DEN) 4rec, 76 yards, 42 long, 1 TD
T. Bell (DEN) 4rec, 18 yards, 10 long
J. Rice (DEN) 2rec, 16 yards
Q. Griffin (DEN) 1rec, 16 yards
K. Johnson (DEN) 1rec, 5 yards
D. Watts (DEN) 1rec, 4 yards

M. Booker (MIA) 4rec, 49 yards, long 35
McMichael (MIA) 2rec, 33 yards
C. Chambers (MIA) 2rec, 12 yards
H. Evans (MIA) 1rec, 14 yards

Leading Defensive Players:

Denver:

Al Wilson (MLB) - 10 TKL
T. Pryce (DE) - 7 TKL, 2 SCK
R. Johnson (DE) - 4 TKL, 1 SCK
S. Brandon (FS) - 4 TKL, 1 INT
I. Gold (OLB) - 4 TKL

Miami:

T. Jones (SS) - 10 TKL, 1 FF
Z. Thomas (MLB) - 8 TKL
J. Seau (OLB) - 8 TKL
K. Carter / V. Holliday (DE'S) - Both 4 TKL, 1 SCK

-------------

Pancakes:

DENVER

Foster - 4
Lelie - 3
Carlisle - 3
Lepsis - 1
Johnson - 1
Watts - 1

MIAMI

Hadnot - 4
V. Carey - 3
Mckinney - 3
McDougle - 2
McMichael, Fiore, Glenn - 1

As you can see, those are probably some of the best pancake stats of the year. I'm a tad disappointed that Feeley didn't throw more, but Brown was effective and Feeley obviously isn't that great.

I dunno, let's get some testers and see if anyone else is having great games like me!
Old 08-29-2005, 08:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

9 sacks is a ton. So I'm guessing either the blocking is insanely low or you've got two Julius Peppers on LE and RE.

Also, I gave run block a shot at zero and it seemed that the hole would be there and as I'd go to hit it, they'd let the defender disengage the block. These were on the last settings you had out prior to these.

In regards to the last ones, I felt that they played solid. I just couldn't get a ground game going with Philly and Cleveland managed a solid one. I did have Suggs in check until he busts a 78 yarder. I also felt a little cheated in the sense that my players could get off of blocks, which really hampered my overall experience. I also had noticed that even with their RBLK at 0 they were effective. However, Human at 0 damn near got me killed. So I can see these new ones don't help me at the Human RBLK, but hopefully I can find the best experience for me through tweaking the base.

Cleveland also were horrible passing the ball as the were like 5/16.

I'll play 3 and then get back at ya..............that way we can see if a difference is noticeable. Thanks J........err......Pokaplaya
Old 08-29-2005, 09:52 AM   #4
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Well figure the NFL average for total sacks in a game was 5 last year, so it's high for one game, but 5 and 4 are definitely not unreasonable, especially when 3 or 4 of them were just from great coverage and not unreasonable line play.

Give them a shot, this version is playing a lot more competitively and realistically for me than the last. I have to go to sleep so I can work tonight but I only have a 4-5 hour shift and I'll be back at it.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:57 PM   #5
no1
Beer the Turtle

no1's Arena

OVR: 5

I have no idea how you all pass on sliders like these...this is like the third slider set Ive tried where I can average 8 yards on the ground...shut down the other offense...but can only complete a slant once in a while...because the d-line makes a mockery of my O line...and I use the cowboys with 2 above 90 rated O lineman and picked up a decent RT in free agency...and the other RT Adams at 87...I know I must suck with the passing game...but I dont even get a second much less am I able to look at a second option...I tried these against the cardinals and got sacked 3 times in a row...then on my second possession...I ran the ball consistantly down the field...tried a play action and didnt get to move my qb before I was eating dirt...turned it off...

so basically what Im saying is...how the (&*#$ do you guys pass the ball? do you just let the qb drop back on his own, and fire?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2005, 05:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

yeah i don't know about these sliders... just played a game well couldn't even finish it I was the bronco's and comp was chargers and LT broke 8 tackles in 2 plays and they sacked me 4 times already , i mean i got some throws but they don't bite on playfake at all even tho i'm setting it up with the run
i don't know..
Old 08-29-2005, 10:21 PM   #7
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1
I have no idea how you all pass on sliders like these...this is like the third slider set Ive tried where I can average 8 yards on the ground...shut down the other offense...but can only complete a slant once in a while...because the d-line makes a mockery of my O line...and I use the cowboys with 2 above 90 rated O lineman and picked up a decent RT in free agency...and the other RT Adams at 87...I know I must suck with the passing game...but I dont even get a second much less am I able to look at a second option...I tried these against the cardinals and got sacked 3 times in a row...then on my second possession...I ran the ball consistantly down the field...tried a play action and didnt get to move my qb before I was eating dirt...turned it off...

so basically what Im saying is...how the (&*#$ do you guys pass the ball? do you just let the qb drop back on his own, and fire?
Do you usually play on All-Madden? I mean sometimes on a blitz I'll have very little time, but playing with either the default Lions or with my SS, I have what I'd consider "normal" time to throw.

I will admit, I've been messing around a lot with All-Pro this year as my friend and I play a cooperative franchise against the CPU, and I do have much more time on All-Pro.

But, on the other hand - some times PA just doesn't *WORK*. If the guy is keying the RB and reads play-fake, you're meat.

Either way, it's an easy fix. Turn down the CPU AWR 1 point at a time until you are comfortable. If you are running too easily, turn down your HUM RB Ability. The rest of the sliders are based on having the truest-to-ratings play on the line, as if all the sliders are nearly 0, they aren't recieving any sort of boosts from the sliders.

I would recommend playing a couple games instead of getting frustrated and turning the game off. Some games are just fluky games, especially in franchise mode where you will have to deal with a built in home-field advantage, etc. Seriously, you didn't even give the sliders two full possessions, and if they are harder or "more realistic" than you are used to, you will have problems until you get used to it, same as if you just picked up the game and played it default for the first time.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:30 PM   #8
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CireZero
yeah i don't know about these sliders... just played a game well couldn't even finish it I was the bronco's and comp was chargers and LT broke 8 tackles in 2 plays and they sacked me 4 times already , i mean i got some throws but they don't bite on playfake at all even tho i'm setting it up with the run
i don't know..
Another case of not giving the sliders a full game. Do you play on All-Madden normally? It's a lot harder to tackle on All-Madden than it is on All-Pro, strictly because a lot of times if you don't have near perfect form, you'll get bounced off, slightly slowing the back down.

Give them the fair chance that I ask you to in the first post. Two critiques, and neither even played a full half. It's not like the Broncos are the 1985 Bears, and the Chargers were a far better team with a far better running back last year. Sometimes you are going to get lumped. Concentrate on form tackling, and using slide protection to give yourself time in the pocket. Adjust, and use trial and error. Sometimes plays get blown up in the backfield.

I'm not trying to make the game easy, I'm trying to make it realistic. I don't know what I do so much differently other than maybe I'm better at reading the defense and check down, adjust blocking with slide protection, or hot route and audible better to give me a better chance in the pocket.

All-Madden is all about adjustments. If the CPU is blitzing and you don't make a concentrated effort to pick it up, you're going to get waxed, same as in the NFL.

Regardless, give the sliders the 3 game shot that I ask in the first post. If you still have problems then that tells me a lot more about how they could be adjusted to give you a better experience. The 2 posts I've gotten so far probably don't even talk about 1 half of football, and sometimes in one half of football you're going to get your *** kicked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »