Home

CPU WR's sudden boost of speed!

This is a discussion on CPU WR's sudden boost of speed! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2005, 03:29 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: CPU WR's sudden boost of speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I have to agree with RedsFan. Well, I guess you knew I would.

Bbucsfan, There are a lot of good Madden players who are using Pro and having great games. True, you may not like it or you may end up thinking its too easy, but consider this:

You are the one who originally started this thread. You are the one who has an issue with the speed rating not playing out on the field as it should. You are the one who experienced a slower receiver continually blowing by a faster DB. And, as you already know, that does not happen in the NFL. It flat out does not. Even the elite speed burning receivers have difficulty beating slightly slower DB's.

What we are attempting here is to HELP you. Please don't insult us for offering help. Everyone wants a better game playing experience. A lot of us have found it.

There are NO things happening in our games that should not happen and we have played a bunch, trust me. In testing my sliders not a single person has stated they have seen anything resembling what you started this thread about

So, please, for your sake, click the link RedsFan provided, set up as outlined, and replay the game. Be fair, play it out, and then come back and tell us what happened. be honest. If it was way too easy and didn't solve the speed discrepancy issue, well then, so be it. But just try it.

RedsFan, how did you do this?
Didn't mean to insult anybody...i dont think i did, if i did i didnt mean to.....I forgot, you internet folks are a sensitive bunch!
But i'll give it a try. I dont get off till late, then i have to go and take my wife out tonite...but i'll tell her that we have to hurry up so i can try some sliders ......hahaha, i wonder what she'd say. But whenever i do get a chance to try them, i'll post results....well, im too lazy to post stats like alot of peeps do on here, nor do i usually have the time....so i'll just give a summary what happened.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:19 PM   #10
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbucsfan
Didn't mean to insult anybody...i dont think i did, if i did i didnt mean to.....I forgot, you internet folks are a sensitive bunch!
But i'll give it a try. I dont get off till late, then i have to go and take my wife out tonite...but i'll tell her that we have to hurry up so i can try some sliders ......hahaha, i wonder what she'd say. But whenever i do get a chance to try them, i'll post results....well, im too lazy to post stats like alot of peeps do on here, nor do i usually have the time....so i'll just give a summary what happened.
It's all good Just something about you mentioning beating a 13yr old in one on one b-ball game. Some of us may have taken that the wrong way.

Anyway, please set up everything according to post 210. I can't wait to hear what happens. Hurry up and play.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:36 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
It's all good Just something about you mentioning beating a 13yr old in one on one b-ball game. Some of us may have taken that the wrong way.

Anyway, please set up everything according to post 210. I can't wait to hear what happens. Hurry up and play.

:y4: my bad man. I was just trying to think of a good analogy of how i would feel using pro....didnt mean to step on some peoples toes...i forgot that there could be 13 yr olds in here....so my appologies. I just never remember playing on pro level....i always had the feeling that:

pro level - advantage human (easy)
All-pro - even (medium)
all-madden - advantage cpu (hard)...

I think like that with all games.....anyway...sorry if i offended....i will give your suggestions a shot...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2005, 01:55 AM   #12
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbucsfan
:y4: my bad man. I was just trying to think of a good analogy of how i would feel using pro....didnt mean to step on some peoples toes...i forgot that there could be 13 yr olds in here....so my appologies. I just never remember playing on pro level....i always had the feeling that:

pro level - advantage human (easy)
All-pro - even (medium)
all-madden - advantage cpu (hard)...

I think like that with all games.....anyway...sorry if i offended....i will give your suggestions a shot...
That's cool. But, I wasn't referring to literal 13 year olds. I was referring to adults who may have felt they were being called 13 year olds because they had to play a game on Pro. The folks I know who do play on Pro do it because the ratings matter and you can really tell the difference in the player ratings, not because they're bad.

Anyway, check this out: A few years ago an EA producer was interviewed by one of the gaming sites. In that interview he said that the "Pro" level was the level where the ratings were pure, they were unmodified. At the time of that interview the other levels provided a 'ratings boost', some sort of modifier to make the game more difficult. Thus, on higher levels, it was not uncommon for the AI linebacker with an 84 speed to run down the user halfback with a 94 speed. It was also not uncommon for an average AI DB to cover (like a blanket) an elite user receiver because the agility rating of that AI DB benefited from a boost to his rating.

Now, I don't know if EA still does this. In an interview more recently, perhaps 2 years ago, a different EA producer was asked a similar question about the levels and ratings. i believe he was asked specifically what made the levels different? He declined to answer saying it was proprietary info and could not reveal it.

But, it was too late to clam up because just a year or two previous we were told by EA about the Pro level. I think the reason they suddenly got secretive was because ESPN was gaining in popularity.

Any way you approach this, you can't go wrong by trying. There are a growing number of people who find unusual happenings on the higher level and are not reporting them on the Pro level.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:04 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
That's cool. But, I wasn't referring to literal 13 year olds. I was referring to adults who may have felt they were being called 13 year olds because they had to play a game on Pro. The folks I know who do play on Pro do it because the ratings matter and you can really tell the difference in the player ratings, not because they're bad.

Anyway, check this out: A few years ago an EA producer was interviewed by one of the gaming sites. In that interview he said that the "Pro" level was the level where the ratings were pure, they were unmodified. At the time of that interview the other levels provided a 'ratings boost', some sort of modifier to make the game more difficult. Thus, on higher levels, it was not uncommon for the AI linebacker with an 84 speed to run down the user halfback with a 94 speed. It was also not uncommon for an average AI DB to cover (like a blanket) an elite user receiver because the agility rating of that AI DB benefited from a boost to his rating.

Now, I don't know if EA still does this. In an interview more recently, perhaps 2 years ago, a different EA producer was asked a similar question about the levels and ratings. i believe he was asked specifically what made the levels different? He declined to answer saying it was proprietary info and could not reveal it.

But, it was too late to clam up because just a year or two previous we were told by EA about the Pro level. I think the reason they suddenly got secretive was because ESPN was gaining in popularity.

Any way you approach this, you can't go wrong by trying. There are a growing number of people who find unusual happenings on the higher level and are not reporting them on the Pro level.

The problem playing on PRO is that the inside slant and curls are money on this level. On ALL MADDEN the inside slant is less effective but only because of a CPU speed cheat. It is pick your poison with MAdden 2006 either play on PRO or ALL PRO knowing you can always throw the inside slant or play on ALL MADDEN where you will be challenged but only because the CPU cheats. THE CPU should be programmed to use the defensive hot routes in the game not speed cheats!
Old 09-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #14
Rookie

ClearTheBong's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGHTNING
The problem playing on PRO is that the inside slant and curls are money on this level. On ALL MADDEN the inside slant is less effective but only because of a CPU speed cheat. It is pick your poison with MAdden 2006 either play on PRO or ALL PRO knowing you can always throw the inside slant or play on ALL MADDEN where you will be challenged but only because the CPU cheats. THE CPU should be programmed to use the defensive hot routes in the game not speed cheats!
Then don't throw the inside slant. I know, we shouldn't have to change our game because the game and all that, but if it means getting a realistic game I will do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »