Home

Basic Theory Behind EA's Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Basic Theory Behind EA's Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2005, 10:47 PM   #17
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Basic Theory Behind EA's Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha
sorry, it meant something else, I went ahead and edited it to clearify who I was talking to. Funny though!
lol.......
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 09-05-2005, 10:56 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
to get back to the topic, playmaker what do you think about this do you think putting all cpu sliders to like 4 and all human sliders to 8, you think this may work out some how?

What's up FF?

I'm not sure if he has that setting on All-Madden. I would hope that is All-Madden because on All-Pro it would be extremely easy. I'm going to assume those are settings for All-Madden because I actually built defensive Sliders on All-Madden for the CPU around a AWR of 5 and the CPU still played very good defense. In fact I've recieved a coupld of reply's about the CPU's defense even at 5 AWR still shutting down the Human running game. So, this poster might be on to something.

I've also think that 6-8 is the best AWR on All-Madden for Human aswell. I don't think it needs to be set so high on that Level because just as he pointed out their is definetly a higher ratings boost on All-Madden Level in terms of awareness. So, I think you can get the game to play much by dropping the AWR for both USER and CPU on All-Madden. I have them both at 5 on my Sliders. So, I'm not that far off from where his chart is calculating.

But in my opinion I think EA should be more detailed in this stuff. I don't understand the problem with them just telling guy's what should be the best starting point on each Level for these Sliders if you pure Sim Play. It's take up so much time to figure out half this crap and that's why I commend guy's Slthree, Coorporative, Njrock, Mutinger and the Professional they all do amazing job's breaking down how these things work and they take the time to explain it to other guy's who might use their sliders.

But EA really needs to help guy's out more in the future with just basic manual information that gives a little more detail.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:02 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Whatever. You guys are ridiculous. What I said was completely true.....they are percentages he conjured up. If they help him, or someone else, good. I wonder how they will help, when the percentages aren't even real. How can you create sliders off of a percentage scale that doesn't even relate to the game???????

I await the speed reply posse's response while sipping green tea.

The problem isn't his percentages it was your NEGATIVE response in his thread. I understand you don't agree with him and his percentages. But you could have been a little more respectful or just not replied at all.

I've never posted in anyone slider thread telling them they are wrong in regards to something. Heck we might be all wrong as far as I know. But if your going to take the time to read his info then atleast take the time to be more respectful of what the guy was saying. He might have 100 guy's on this forum that disagree's with his chart but the only one that was rude in my opinion was you.

I just don't agree with how you made your comments towards him.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:43 PM   #20
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
What's up FF?

I'm not sure if he has that setting on All-Madden. I would hope that is All-Madden because on All-Pro it would be extremely easy. I'm going to assume those are settings for All-Madden because I actually built defensive Sliders on All-Madden for the CPU around a AWR of 5 and the CPU still played very good defense. In fact I've recieved a coupld of reply's about the CPU's defense even at 5 AWR still shutting down the Human running game. So, this poster might be on to something.

I've also think that 6-8 is the best AWR on All-Madden for Human aswell. I don't think it needs to be set so high on that Level because just as he pointed out their is definetly a higher ratings boost on All-Madden Level in terms of awareness. So, I think you can get the game to play much by dropping the AWR for both USER and CPU on All-Madden. I have them both at 5 on my Sliders. So, I'm not that far off from where his chart is calculating.

But in my opinion I think EA should be more detailed in this stuff. I don't understand the problem with them just telling guy's what should be the best starting point on each Level for these Sliders if you pure Sim Play. It's take up so much time to figure out half this crap and that's why I commend guy's Slthree, Coorporative, Njrock, Mutinger and the Professional they all do amazing job's breaking down how these things work and they take the time to explain it to other guy's who might use their sliders.

But EA really needs to help guy's out more in the future with just basic manual information that gives a little more detail.
Thanks my freind
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 09-06-2005, 08:40 AM   #21
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

Well late last night I played a game with all human sliders set to 9 and CPU sliders set to 5, and I had a great game, it was to late to post stats, but you guy's should give it a try and see how it goes, I was using the Bill's vs The Titians, it was a real sweet game, Both D's played a great game of football, it was funny McNair did nothing the whole game, I basicly shut him down, at half he was 3-13 for 42 yards. In the second half his just blew up on mem he threw for like 175 yards in the second half. I didn't see a high amonut of pancakes with these settings, bot running game were great, I mean great. The passing game was pretty true to life, anyway I like these settings, and I will try and work off them. P.S The only setting that were different was the ST sliders, I had Human at default and CPU at 8 for all ST sldiers.

Also another thing I know people will love, with these settings the Deep ball was almost not even there at all, I think the lonest pass was for 32 yards, and that was all, Deep ball's were thrown my me a the CPU but neither of us had any luck
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2005, 08:52 AM   #22
Let's Go Mets!!!

Nyrican127's Arena

OVR: 8
Talking Re: Basic Theory Behind EA's Madden Sliders

it's probably that time of the month for her
New York Rangers
Florida Gators
Chelsea FC
Old 09-06-2005, 09:00 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 6

FF, What level was that on?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #24
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Don't get so touchy man. What are you, an EA employee????
I'm not knocking anything. Whatever you need to do to get your sliders.

No, i'm not at EA employee....although i kinda wish i were, then i wouldn't have to come up with a chart i "pulled outta my *ss" as you eloquently put it.

And to be honest with you, criticism is fine, i always welcome well thought-out feedback, cause it helps me see where something might be faulty, and then try to fix that area. But what i don't take kindly to is just negativity for the sake of being so. I know your a cowboys fan and they tend to be not so bright (kidding!!!) But i know its been tough...ever since troy, irvin, and emmitt left, i'd be a little grumpy too if i had to see players like quincy carter run the show.

So it was no offense taken, just didn't take kindly to the manner in which you did. that's all...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »