Home

KState's All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on KState's All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2005, 06:54 PM   #1
Rookie

KStateWildcats's Arena

OVR: 0
KState's All-Madden Sliders

All-Madden

12-Minute Quarters
Accelerated Clock ON

QB Vision and Auto Strafe OFF

Sub In 84%
Sub Out 77%

Sim Injury Slider 33
In-Game Injury Slider 103

Penalties Maxed Except:
Clipping 8
Face Mask 7

All Sliders HUM/CPU

QB Accuracy 9/7
Pass Block 3/1
WR Catch 11/9
RB Ability 11/9
Run Block 3/1

Awareness 7/5
Knockdowns 7/5
Interceptions 3/1
Break Block 11/9
Tackling 8/6

FG Length 11/9
FG Accuracy 7/5
Punt Length 11/9
Punt Accuracy 7/5
KO Length 11/9

One area I've noticed a lot of people make drastic slider changes to is the CPU's Punt Length. The reasoning is that the farther the CPU kicks it, the more room for a return. Logical, but not entirely accurate; especially if you're looking for realistic stats. The key is choosing the right direction of the return (right, left, middle) to match where the CPU punts the ball. Granted, it's a 33% chance every punt, but when you guess right, your return man has blockers engaged all over the place, giving you a chance to run one back.

Given the CPU's slider boost on All-Madden level, and after much trial-and-error, I've found that the "two-click advantage" in all categories balances everything out. The trick was finding the range for each slider, which I think I finally found (at least I'm in the ball park).

At the end of the first year of your franchise, look at where your team ranked stat-wise. If you were #1 in Interceptions by a significant number, then for your next franchise year, lower the HUM Interception slider from 3 to 2. If your receivers didn't have many drops compared to the rest of the league, maybe lower the HUM WR Catch slider from 11 to 10, or raise the CPU WR Catch slider from 9 to 10. Maybe both. In any event, you get the idea.

These sliders are a very solid base, and I strongly recommend not changing them throughout a full season. After that first season is over, then adjust them accordingly by ONLY ONE CLICK AT A TIME. Remember, sliders may not be the problem. Individual player ratings come into play, as well. That's where you address weaknesses through the draft, free agency, etc.

Give these a shot, and let me know what you think. Peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2005, 11:45 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: KState's All-Madden Sliders

I've had some ok sliders and havent been even 75% satisfied with running a full franchise year. I'll DEFINITLY use these because they look very similar to what i'm playing with now. So i'll try these out and let you know what I think, maybe even post some game/season stats for you. Thanks..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »