Home

Xbox Current Gen Coach Mode sliders?

This is a discussion on Xbox Current Gen Coach Mode sliders? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 01:14 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Xbox Current Gen Coach Mode sliders?

NYG (cpu) 7 at
KC (me) 26

Eli Manning 12-30 243 yds 1 td 2 int 4 sacks
T. Green 21-30 239 yds 1 td 0 int 0 sks

T. Barber 15-46
L. Johnson 30-100
P. Holmes 11-89 (80 of those were on an 80 yd td run in garbage time)

Pancakes- NYG 50 KC 40

Penalties:
NYG 5-73
.KC 5-50

124 total plays

Good stuff......only glaring thing, is HUM Punt Length is a bit much. Tynes (I think that's kc's punter) hit 4 over 50 yards w/ no wind.

Corner route is almost money, but as coachers, we can't make the QB throw it........so no biggie.

Eli would've been over 50%, but he couldn't do anything against the prevent defense. When Eli decides to not hold onto the ball too long (aka- when his awr gets up some w/ progression) he will be a beast.

Also, playaction on the goal line accounted for Trent Green's TD pass. I don't know if I've ever seen that before in Madden.....it was a thing of beauty, considering it happens in the NFL every week.

From my limited experience, these are a very solid starting point.......maybe even close to final.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 03:34 AM   #26
Rookie

Before bedtime, I played one half of a game where I tried hard to win vs. a better opponent.

Cleveland (me) 17
New Eng. (cpu) 28 HALFTIME

It was high scoring because Cribbs had a 99 yard KO ret for a TD. Brady had a 98 yard td pass to Branch on a PA pass. Both QB's missed on a couple of corner routes which is good news. The browns other td came on a Frye to Edwards pass after an INT deep in NE territory.

NE Stats (cpu)

Brady 14-25 309 yds 2 td 1 int 1 sk
Dillon 10-46

Cleveland (me)

Frye 10-14 78 yds 1 td 1 sk (he got hurt)
Dorsey 1-3 45 yds 0 td 0 int 0 sk

Droughns 9-40

I had some breaks, but if not for that, the pats would be blowing me out. If I finished the game, I would have had my *** handed to me. Most of Frye's completions came on short passes to Jerevicious.......but not much YAC for big Joe.

I have all penalties maxed, and they look ok. Both teams had 2 holding calls in the 1st half. I'm noticing most of my holdings are coming on KO returns.

I came into this game w/ a gameplan, it worked for the most part, and I was still getting hammered. That is exactly what I was hoping for. I think the high score was kind of flukey........not the norm from what I've seen so far. Variety is good.

Have at it guys, I'll be reading all day tomorrow, and playing more tomorrow night.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:49 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl8b
A)

Blue Balls- did many plays get blown up in the backfield? The rushing numbers look a tad high considering the teams.....

There were a few tackles for loss on running plays to the outside. Most of my runs were between the tackles and I was using slide protection and changing direction of the run using Playmaker a lot.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:27 PM   #28
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

What camera angle are you guys using 4 coach mode?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-24-2006, 06:22 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

My aunt sent me 100 bucks for graduation...don't ask. A part of me is thinking, "Hmmm, I could get Madden now!" But, an even larger part is thinking, "I'll let Chase (my brother) deposit this in my savings account tomorrow."
Old 08-24-2006, 10:09 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
My aunt sent me 100 bucks for graduation...don't ask. A part of me is thinking, "Hmmm, I could get Madden now!" But, an even larger part is thinking, "I'll let Chase (my brother) deposit this in my savings account tomorrow."
Hey man, if you're happy in year 2 of ncaa........you won't be killing yourself to wait for madden. Give the guru's a month or so to get the right sliders and buy it used......save a few bucks, and then you'll be good to go.

If you reaaaaaaaally want it, then get it.....and if you do, you will like it. It's as coach mode friendly as any version IMO.

If you'd rather build up the savings account, it's not like you can't still play 06. Fire up 06 w/ mudcat's sliders and you'll have a blast.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:45 AM   #31
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

sl8b had mentioned he thought that the CPU punt length was too long, and I concur.

Punt length in my '06 settings was an (unsuccessful) attempt to be able to actually be able to returnm some punts. With decent punt returns possible, it's no longer necessary to have the CPU boom punts in the futile hopes of a return being set up.

As of right now have both HUM and CPU PL set at 8, and so far nothing glaring about punt distances has leapt out at me.

Speaking of punt distance, is it just me, or have you noticed a lower frequency of punters kicking through the end zone from inside the 50? The lack of pooch/corner kicking in coach mode always irked the crap out of me, but seems to be less of a problem this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 11:03 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl8b
Here are the settings I'm using for the game vs. Tampa

I'm turning "Pre play instructions" OFF for this one to see if the cpu doesn't tip it's hand w/ the playmaker feature.

I dont think that is a realistic idea.

the Playmaker icon is realistic in that in real life the QB has to inform his own team that they are altering the play. until they put in a more concrete way of seeing the QB motion this, the Playmaker icon acts as the indicater.

just a thought.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »