Home

Xbox Current Gen Coach Mode sliders?

This is a discussion on Xbox Current Gen Coach Mode sliders? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2006, 06:39 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Xbox Current Gen Coach Mode sliders?

Bills (me) at Jets (cpu)

Maybe the hum has an unfair advantage w/ FG's........thoughts?

Code:
Bills           22
Jets            25

comp  att  yds  td  int  sks
jets
Pennington      13   25   320  2    0    5
bills
Holcomb         18   31   242  0    0    2

att   yds  td   fum
jets
Martin          25   90   1    1
bills
McGahee         25  122   1    1

rec   yds  
jets
Coles           6    90
Baker           3   144
bills
L.Evans         4    53
A. Davis        4    6                                                                                                                                        fgm   fga   long
jets
Nugent         1     3     45
bills
Lindell        3     3     45                                                                                                                              punts   avg   
jets
Graham         5      39.0
bills
Moorman        6      40.5
Penalties
jets           4      34
bills          6      70

Last edited by sl8b; 08-26-2006 at 06:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2006, 09:59 AM   #42
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

While I'm not ready to shout "Eureka!" after just one game, I had my most satisfactory CPU running to date with HUM TAK at 9.

Here are the rushing logs for Foster and Williams:

DeShaun Foster (24-162, TD, 6.7 ypc): 11, 2, 2, -5, 6, 1, -2, 2, 2, 4, 4, 21, 1, 5, 2, 1, 3, 8, 8, 1, 67t

DeAngelo Williams (10-34, 3.4 ypc): 2, 3, 1, 13, 2, 6, 3, 5, 1, 1

As you can see, Foster's ypc was inflated by the 67 yard TD run he broke off on me as the Panthers were running out the clock with a 27-10 lead. Without that long run, he was right at 4 yards per carry. The 5 yard loss came right after a gain of 8 or 9 was erased by a clipping call, and was caused by his getting jammed at the line and trying to improvise- he retreated and tried to go outside, but got caught before he could make a move to the outside. If you want to be generous and throw out that loss, he was at 4.3 ypc w/o the long TD.

Williams was right at 4.0 until he had those two 1 yard runs with Carolina playing ball control as time was running down.

I'm pleased enough with those numbers to leave HUM TAK at 9 for the next game.

sl8b, as for HUM FG's, I haven't had enough attempts to form an opinion yet, but I still think you may be right about the settings needing to come down a bit. First though, I want to see a few more long-range attempts by Carney.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:41 AM   #43
Rookie

Those numbers look right on man. The saints giving up almost 200 yards rushing to the Panthers.......and only TWO runs over 20 yards. This is on MADDEN football? I'll take it. Hell yes I'll take it. Actually, I didn't think I would ever see the day.

If you look at my log above your post, you'll notice I held Curtis Martin to 90 yards on 25 carries. I gameplanned to shut him down, and that's why Pennington had inflated numbers........I blitzed against PA and got burned. As the bills, I lost to a team that I should have barely lost to.

Unless I see something different, I think 9 is the sweet spot.

As far as kicking goes, I've been money from around 40 yards with Lindell, Derr (Atl's kicker, who isn't good) and I had John Kasey hit one from 54. I don't think Kasey has enough left in the leg to drill one from 54 at this point in his career.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl8b
I had John Kasey hit one from 54. I don't think Kasey has enough left in the leg to drill one from 54 at this point in his career.
Watch it sl8!
Old 08-26-2006, 01:35 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Watch it sl8!
LOL, hey man, I'm from S.C., so I'm a falcon fan first, and a panther fan second......so it ain't trash talk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2006, 04:48 PM   #46
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl8b
Those numbers look right on man. The saints giving up almost 200 yards rushing to the Panthers.......and only TWO runs over 20 yards. This is on MADDEN football? I'll take it. Hell yes I'll take it. Actually, I didn't think I would ever see the day.
If you like that, feast your eyes on this, my friend:

Cadillac Williams vs. Saints: 25-124, 4.9 per carry

Caddy's rushing log: 5, 9, 7, 8, 2, 1, 5, 7, 13, 1, 1, 10, 13, 12, 2, -1, 7, 12, 1, 7, 4, 6, 5, 1 ,1

25 for 4.9 with a long of 13 (twice). That makes Mud happy in the pants. Confidence that CPU running is dialed in is growing.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:36 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

If I keep reading this thread and seeing good things I'll end up with Madden 07. Daggumit!
Old 08-26-2006, 08:10 PM   #48
Rookie

yup..........the cpu is officially shoving the ball down our throats gentelmen. Congratulations, we can now play this game and not expect to win the T.O.P. battle, we have to try to win it. This is the year of the smash mouth! Caddy ate you up......I'll play against him next and see how he does against Atlanta.

Nole- haha, told you so

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »