Home

Injury Sliders

This is a discussion on Injury Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #17
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Injury Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
I was getting a fair amount of injuries at 25, but probably not enough to help with the sim engine. 95 was good for simmed stats but at the expense of too many critical injuries.

I completed the 2007 season yesterday and switched to 32-team control for the coming season. With 32-team control, I can use depth chart changes to get subs some carries. I figure if the starters get at least 12 starts, their morale should be OK. Since I'll be doing some manual rotation, I'm going to try injuries on 80.

Coach Settings

Simmed games:

Pass +7
O Agg. +20
Def. pass % -10
Def. Agg. -20

I read somewhere that PC users were getting decent stats with those settings (passing was +10, but the more you bump up passing, the more you bump up INT's into the unacceptable range).

Played games:

Default settings, with both HUM and CPU Off agg -10 to reduce deep throws (this worked for my offense in coach mode)

2-controller startup to load sub out in/ratio for CPU. Last game I did this, I played the Giants and Brandon Jacobs ended up with one more carry than Tiki (21-20). My guess is at his age, Tiki's fatigue goes down and comes back faster than younger guys, because I use 82/87 and when Deuce goes out it's for about 3 plays.

I'm also going to run some CPU vs. CPU games with my 82/87 sub ratio loaded in. I was testing to find quarter length and at 8 min. the Jets beat the Bills 22-17 and the total plays was spot-on. (Accel. clock doesn't work in CPU vs. CPU)
I simmed a season with all those changes and a sim injury slider at 95, and still had clinton portis rush for 2200 yards on 430 caries. Two other guys had over 400 carries and nearly 2000 yards. Most QB's had over 20 INT's and Manning led the league with an 88 QB rating.

I'm close to giving up. I may just keep everything default and change every teams depth chart so they have to play their 2nd RB for the first 4 weeks of the season.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #18
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusruss
I simmed a season with all those changes and a sim injury slider at 95, and still had clinton portis rush for 2200 yards on 430 caries. Two other guys had over 400 carries and nearly 2000 yards. Most QB's had over 20 INT's and Manning led the league with an 88 QB rating.

I'm close to giving up. I may just keep everything default and change every teams depth chart so they have to play their 2nd RB for the first 4 weeks of the season.
I did one season changing only the run / pass slider and one with all the suggested changes...

And injurues at 100 (default)

The season stats were pretty very close, but the first season with only one slider change was much more accurate...

6 RBs with 1,500+ yards
3 RBs with 350+ carries

3 WRs with 1,500+ yards
21 Wrs with 1,000+ yards
5 WRs with 100+ catch

1 4,000 yard passer (P. Manning)
5 3,500+ yard QBs
23 3,000+ yard QBs

In the second test with all the adjustments S.Alexander set a new record for yardage with 2,220+

2 backs had over 400 carries and two QBs (both Mannings) went for 4,000 plus...

The rest of the totals were very close to the same as test season one...

But less accurate overall...
Old 09-04-2006, 05:46 PM   #19
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
60-40 for all teams.

Set sim injuries at 107, start a 32-user franchise, start simming a season, and see how many "Coach - , you have too few - " interruptions you get.
I'm using altered versions of Krulmichael's roster update that has 53-55 man roster for almost every team...

When I get my final 'opening day' rosters together they will have the 53 man roster with 2 practice squad players added (if possible)

This really slows the 'interruptions' to sign FA's down considerably...

In the two seasons I simmed today at default:

Season One:

Had to sign 5 players all season:

2 kickers (teams only carry one)
1 FB (s lot of teams only carry one)
1 G
1 HB

36 season ending injuries

Season Two:

1 FB
1 MLB
1 T
1 HB
1 C
1 QB
1 G

34 season ending injuries

If I had my full 55 man rosters in effect the total would have been 3-4 at most...the o-lines would have most likely been fuller...

Overall, not a bad result...

I'm going back to simming at 107 to see if the RB stats get tighter...

The injuries are still statistcially lower than IRL on these higher settings and if we can circumvent the need to sign FA's by deep rosters...

Well, might work...

Otherwise it WIL be neccesary to sit starting HBs out a few games...

Just make sure you drop them ALL the way off the depth chart or the CPU will play the highest rated guy regardless...
Old 09-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #20
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

It seems like there are a number of variations that will produce reasonably acceptable stats except for one category- INT's.

Any ideas on how to keep half the QB's in the league from having 20+?
Old 09-05-2006, 02:27 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 3

There is a little glitch about the running attempts this year on madden and there are alote of people that don't want to except turning up the injury slider because it causes more injurys. but seriously if you want the rbs to end a season with less then 400 attempts and still have realistic stats you have to crank up the injury sliders for both human and cpu I know this causes alote of minor injuries but its just a small price to pay to have realistic stats. If you look at my slider page you will see my simmed season of the texans franchise and there is also a played franchise secetion that I updated today and i give out the season stats which are realistic for the RBS and I couldn't have the the rb stats the way they are just playing 4 games with out cranking up the injury slider. Rather you want to realize it or not this year the sub in and sub out sliders for the RBS are basically the injury sliders. if you don't belive me try my sliders sim a season and then try someone elses sim a season and you will see a huge difference in the RB stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2006, 07:23 PM   #22
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
It seems like there are a number of variations that will produce reasonably acceptable stats except for one category- INT's.

Any ideas on how to keep half the QB's in the league from having 20+?
Couldn't do much about this last year...so there's probably no fix this year either...

The high pick and sack counts really mess with the QB passer ratings...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »