Home

Sroz39's Current Gen Pro Sliders

This is a discussion on Sroz39's Current Gen Pro Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2006, 10:58 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Sroz39's Current Gen Pro Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom4
I really like the idea of Pro sliders. Since I haven't seen any for the 360, do you think these could be adapted? The slider numbers look low. On current gen do the sliders go to 20 or 50 as opposed to 100 on the 360?
0 to 20 for the current-gen. PC has always been 1-100.

Just multiply whatever we're using by 5 to get a 1-100 scale. It might not be the same results we're getting, though, simply because the 360 version might play very differently from current-gen.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:02 AM   #18
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom4
I really like the idea of Pro sliders. Since I haven't seen any for the 360, do you think these could be adapted? The slider numbers look low. On current gen do the sliders go to 20 or 50 as opposed to 100 on the 360?
The sliders go to 20 on the current gen. I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think that they can just be inserted into the 360 version and play well. The 360 version is MUCH easier to play on default Pro dificulty, so I think that plugging these numbers in wouldn't work as well.

Besides that, the 360 verison doesn't have things like speed-cheating on the higher difficultly levels like the current gen games do. The 360 version seems to make your team dumber the higher the difficulty you go.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:21 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Thanks for posting these stats. I don't expect you to post the amount of stats you posted before, as that was VERY extensive and what you have posted above is perfect to get a good read on the stats.

I'm glad you're finding the set working for you, but am concerned about the excessive pancakes. The only way to reduce pancakes is to get as many of the sliders that have an OL/DL relationship as close to zero as possible. In the case of my sliders, it's as low as it can go without it being a cakewalk to stop the run.

The thing that I'm not understanding is this: I have Human Break Block at zero, CPU Pass Block at zero and CPU Run Block at 3. This shouldn't translate into high pancake totals.

Here's the dilemna: The best way to counter an overpowering OL is to increase the Break Block for Human. If you increase that, it will become too easy to stop the run, as the CPU Run Block slider needs to be slightly higher than the Human Break Block in order for the CPU running game to be effective. I can't drop the Human Awareness slider any lower than the zero it's at, so that's not a quick fix here. And if I raise the CPU RB Ability to compensate for the weaker CPU Run Blocking, every RB starts to play like a top tier RB, pulling off jukes/stiff arms etc.

If you guys are following what I'm saying, do you have any suggestions? I may try to experiment by raising all the Blocking/Break Block sliders to 20 and work my down from there, similiar to starting at zero and working my way up. I just don't see how this wouldn't "boost" the OL and make it start playing like it does on All-Madden and All-Pro to a lesser extent.

I'm all ears, because there's still quite a few complaints about the pancakes from some of you guys like there was with Slthree's set, and I'd like to get it fixed. I just hope we don't have to "pick our poison" by having to settle on what aspect of the game bothers us less.
I really don't care about the high PAN totals at all. I think it's one of those things you're just going to have to live with.

I may not have helped it because Jordan Gross was owning Darryl Tapp all game (as he should because Gross's STR is like 93 and Tapp's is like 72). Every time I tried to spin around him he knocked me down.

Again, these are probably just something we're going to have to live with. It doesn't bother me.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:31 AM   #20
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flockers
I really don't care about the high PAN totals at all. I think it's one of those things you're just going to have to live with.

I may not have helped it because Jordan Gross was owning Darryl Tapp all game (as he should because Gross's STR is like 93 and Tapp's is like 72). Every time I tried to spin around him he knocked me down.

Again, these are probably just something we're going to have to live with. It doesn't bother me.
That's cool. How's the rest of the game feel to you?

Quick tip: I use Zach Thomas quite a bit, and on running plays I noticed that if I used either L1 or R1 to shed a block, I'd get taken out of the play. But if I just tapped on the X button to shove back, I would sometimes stay engaged longer to make the play when the RB arrives in my hole, or I'd shed the block and plug the hole before the RB arrived. Just don't turbo before you get engaged.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:44 AM   #21
Rookie

The rest of the game felt great. Great enough to start my franchise tonight when I get off work.

That's probably my problem then. I like to control my DE. I use turbo as soon as the ball snaps and I try to spin. I'll try what you said, but I'm still going to control my DE. I usually do more harm than good when I control someone other than a defensive lineman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2006, 11:55 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dainfamusgc
would these work with SS
Haven't used these yet, but I know with Slithree's pro sliders (which these are based off of), they work extremely well. The only real difference I made was to change the time from 11 mins acc clock on to 6 mins (have an avg of about 120 to 130 snaps that way in ss mode, assuming you're only controlling your ss).
Old 08-31-2006, 11:59 AM   #23
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flockers
The rest of the game felt great. Great enough to start my franchise tonight when I get off work.

That's probably my problem then. I like to control my DE. I use turbo as soon as the ball snaps and I try to spin. I'll try what you said, but I'm still going to control my DE. I usually do more harm than good when I control someone other than a defensive lineman.
This is probably why I'm not seeing the high pancake numbers. I use the MLB at all times.

Yeah, try not turboing right off the bat. Try getting around the Olineman without it, but as soon as you engage in a block, tap X and press the left stick in the direction you want to shed the block.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:01 PM   #24
Rookie

Im new here to the slider forum and dont understand how to set the sliders.
I have the PC version and was reading this thread about the pro sliders and it says all sliders are set from 0 not defult.

the PC version is set at 50 defult so your saying I have to back down the sliders to 0 all the way to the left and adjust from there?
Just want to make sure because that seems really low computer AI. Im just not sure where to work from.

Also the penalties he said are all maxed out except holding at 8 facemask at 7 and clipping at 9
??
Again defult is 50 so were is how do you get the single diget #'s
thanks
Bruce

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »