Home

Sroz39's Current Gen Pro Sliders

This is a discussion on Sroz39's Current Gen Pro Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2006, 09:02 PM   #33
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Sroz39's Current Gen Pro Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Ok, after much thought, I started feeling bad about practically hijacking Slthree's slider thread. His set and mine started out almost identical, but gradually drifted apart after I worked on addressing some of the issues in his set such as the high pancake numbers.

So with apologies (for taking over his thread) and thanks (for getting me started on Pro sliders in the first place) to Slthree, I have below my Pro slider set. Again, Slthree and I are in definite agreement on the Pro difficulty. It's the most realistic level, and it's because all the players on the field play to their ratings. You'll see things like Vick scrambling at the right time, players that have higher speed ratings actually pull away from slower players and smarter QB's going through 2 or 3 reads as opposed to QB's with less awareness locking in on a receiver.
Sroz, I appreciate the classy words and kind of figured you would start your own slider thread eventually. Like I said, I think it's great and hope it encourages more people to try Pro.

I am going to try them, exactly as you have them. I'll even save them under a setting caleed "Sroz".

I'll try to get to it tonight. Looking forward to trying these.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:45 PM   #34
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Just finished 1 half

I used the Bears and hosted the Saints in the Snow

Deuce had 71 yards at the half. He ran all over me which surprised me. Remember, I asked you how well did the CPU run against you? Questioned answered!

Brees was poor and mis-fired about 3 times (could have been the snow, looked great)

I struggled to run

I thought it was a great half of football. It felt really good.

Only 1 thing happened that I didn't like. On a simple hook route that Brees completed to Stallworth, the Bears DB should have made the tackle but just kind of stood there in that breakdown position while Stallworth spun and headed to the house. Maybe that's an awareness at zero thing. I don't know.

I'll try different teams in better conditions and see what happens
Old 08-31-2006, 10:58 PM   #35
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Just finished 1 half

I used the Bears and hosted the Saints in the Snow

Deuce had 71 yards at the half. He ran all over me which surprised me. Remember, I asked you how well did the CPU run against you? Questioned answered!

Brees was poor and mis-fired about 3 times (could have been the snow, looked great)

I struggled to run

I thought it was a great half of football. It felt really good.

Only 1 thing happened that I didn't like. On a simple hook route that Brees completed to Stallworth, the Bears DB should have made the tackle but just kind of stood there in that breakdown position while Stallworth spun and headed to the house. Maybe that's an awareness at zero thing. I don't know.

I'll try different teams in better conditions and see what happens
That's definitely an Awareness thing and after trying your sliders, I'm going to work on my set trying to incorporate higher Awareness sliders for both Human and CPU because that part of the game felt great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2006, 12:01 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Maybe that's an awareness at zero thing. I don't know.
I set my human awareness to 2. I'm getting great games. Setting the AWR at that keeps the CPU rushing down a little too.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #37
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

did you base these sliders for the ps2 or xbox, or do both versions play the same?
Old 09-01-2006, 01:35 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
did you base these sliders for the ps2 or xbox, or do both versions play the same?
Xbox, but they'll work for PS2.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #39
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flockers
Xbox, but they'll work for PS2.

These sliders will work for any game using the current gen engine. PS2, Xbox, PC and GC.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #40
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flockers
I set my human awareness to 2. I'm getting great games. Setting the AWR at that keeps the CPU rushing down a little too.
When I get home from work tonight, I'm definitely going to try and get a little more "brains" into both the Human and CPU defenses. I don't want to go to high, because there is a fine line between players playing to their Awareness rating and players playing like they're all smart.

One of the things I like about Pro level is when I'm playing my Franchise and I look at the scouting report for the upcoming game. I read through everyone's scouting report, position by position, and try to exploit the other team's weaknesses. If I read in the scouting report that one of their players isn't great at recognizing plays, then when I'm on offence, I look to exploit that player by trying to get him in mis-matches and running alot of play action passes and draws to his part of the field.

If the Awareness slider is too high, this gets thrown out the window and everyone plays very brainy. That's why I found 13 to be a good number, but after playing Slthree's sliders last night, one of the things I liked with his MAXED CPU Awareness slider is that playing offence was a grind. I don't think I'm going to take it to MAX, but I'm going to try and make the CPU play smarter without eliminating the possibilty of PA passes and draw runs.

One other thing I noticed if the CPU Awareness is too high is that the running game for the User becomes a "feast or famine" situation, where either you gain alot of yards or get stuffed for next to nothing...or worse. It's because the CPU Awareness is MAXED so the defence is in your backfield almost instantly because they automatically know that it's a run and where it's supposed to go.

I'm constantly tweaking, but haven't come up with anything noticeably better than the sliders I posted on page 1 of this thread. Everyone will have to make minor tweaks to suit their individual styles, but I think what Slthree and I have come up with is a set that will suit you about 95%, and you'll have to tweak them to get that extra 5%.

On a side note: I'm pretty close to completing a Varsity level (equivalent of Pro in Madden) set for NCAA 07 on the current gen systems. Look for those soon, if you're interested. My early work has me very encouraged, and I believe that NCAA will actually play better on Varsity than Madden does on Pro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »