Home

Sliders based on team ratings (360)

This is a discussion on Sliders based on team ratings (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2006, 07:52 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Sliders based on team ratings (360)

Well, with the success this gave me with NCAA, ive decided to give this a try in Madden. I havent tested alot, but I have a scale to begin with. The scale is based on the team ratings from a franchise I began, it seems that the ratings change once u begin a franchise. For those who dont know how to set games up, using the scale, u find the slider setting for your team and the cpu's offensive and defensive rating, not the overall rating and apply that to the sliders. So, if your team or the cpu has an 87 offense, u would set all offensive sliders to 50, if your team or the cpu has a 90 defense, u would then set all defensive sliders to 70. I have the sliders adjusted before I begin each game, I dont change while in the game. I have interceptions at 0 for human just like NCAA, but this could change, I also leave Special teams at default. ***Correction on Special Teams, Ive now put Kick off length at 35 for both.

Set Up...

8 min
All Pro
Ask the Coach for all plays offensively and defensively
*I dont take control of any receiver before or after the catch
*I also use the auto drop feature while passing

Scale...
Teams (Offense and Defense) Ratings=Slider Adjustment

83=30
84=35
85=40
86=45
87=50
88=55
89=60
90=65
91=70

*Any team above 91 will be increased by 5's and if a team is lower than 83 will decreased by 5's.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO

Last edited by Spin; 09-02-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #2
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Sliders based on team ratings (360)

so you change the sliders everygame
Old 09-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

terrible idea, and way too much work for something that was conjurred up by an internet person.

now if you actually got some kind of confirmation on what exactly the sliders affect, and what actually happens when the difficulty get turned up.

does the CPU just cheat, or does it raise everyone of the CPU ratings to make it more difficult.

or maybe does it actually do nothing, but make them take better angles on the ball and call better plays and recognize defenses and such.

also, does keeping the sliders at 50 mean the players play to their ratings?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:12 PM   #4
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryG
terrible idea, and way too much work for something that was conjurred up by an internet person.

now if you actually got some kind of confirmation on what exactly the sliders affect, and what actually happens when the difficulty get turned up.

does the CPU just cheat, or does it raise everyone of the CPU ratings to make it more difficult.

or maybe does it actually do nothing, but make them take better angles on the ball and call better plays and recognize defenses and such.

also, does keeping the sliders at 50 mean the players play to their ratings?
I hate to agree with ivoryG here, because creating sliders is alot of work, but this idea seems fundamentally flawed. Why would the better teams need a slider boost? Aren't they better to begin with? The ratings should take care of who's better and who's not, right?

Unless I'm reading it wrong and you're increasing the sliders for the Human side of things. But that's not right either, because aren't you essentially playing the same team, game in and game out? With no difference in ability?
Old 09-02-2006, 03:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I hate to agree with ivoryG here, because creating sliders is alot of work, but this idea seems fundamentally flawed. Why would the better teams need a slider boost? Aren't they better to begin with? The ratings should take care of who's better and who's not, right?

Unless I'm reading it wrong and you're increasing the sliders for the Human side of things. But that's not right either, because aren't you essentially playing the same team, game in and game out? With no difference in ability?
To answer your question it is very easy to see why you would increase the good teams ratings and lower the bad teams ratings.

Good teams are good, bad teams are bad.

The number 87 is the average rating for both the offense and defensive squads in the game. If you add all 32 teams ratings for both sides of the ball and divide them up you get 87.

With that you can assume that 87 is equal to doling out a 50 slider across the board.

I love the idea of doing team based sliders, mainly because there is no way you can compare Peyton Manning and Alex Smith as quarterbacks, so giving them the same "solid" number makes no sense.

I used Spins NCAA slides and I haven't had as much fun playing NCAA since the year when Joey Harrington was on the cover.

For about 5 years I have spent months at a time looking for a slider set that was the most fun with the least amount of frustration or cheese and if I could've only thought about going by team instead of using "blanket" sliders, I would have enjoyed the game a ton more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2006, 09:16 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRocks
so you change the sliders everygame
your teams sliders pretty much stays the same the entire season, u just have to adjust the cpu's off and def, which doesnt take much.

Quote:
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
LMAO
Old 09-02-2006, 09:33 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39

Its funny how some of u come in a thread and knock it before even trying it.
Creating sliders is a lot of work and very frustrating, this is why i did this team based idea in NCAA and now in Madden for that simple fact. I never found a set I liked and was never satisfied, just like most ppl here. So thats why I went with the scale idea, im getting good results and I really see a difference in teams. Again, im setting up slider settings for both teams not just human. I played 2 1/2 games last night with the Bengals in my franchise, I'll just post the scores now and the stats later...

Chiefs 41 Bengals 37
Bengals 41 Browns 19
Steelers 13 Bengals 7 (I stopped at halftime) Their D was just shutting me down.

So far, I think those look pretty good.

Quote:
Quote:
LMAO

Last edited by Spin; 09-02-2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:44 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 32

It worked really well for NCAA and I was waiting for the Madden team sliders. Please, dont knock it before you try it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »