Home

DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders II

This is a discussion on DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders II within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #73
MVP

Chrono's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders II

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
I'd still like feedback on approx how many sacks you get on average (including number of passes attempted by cpu, and your defensive style), and a rough estimation of YPCarry for the cpu running game...Thanks.
Hey DB... checking back in after playing 6 games in my Dolphins franchise with you latest v3.3 sliders. I've gone 4-2 bringing my season record to 10-4... this version was just a bit more challenging which I was happy to see. I will eventually start a new franchise over with these updated sliders, but I just wanted to finish this season out first.

MIA - 23
KC - 10

MIA - 24
MIN - 31

MIA - 17
DET - 10

MIA - 13
JAX - 6

MIA - 10
NE - 41

MIA - 21
BUF - 14

Had a lot of good games here with varied results. CPU teams have averaged around 30 pass attempts per game on me, and I average just over 3 sacks per game. I used to manually corner blitz a lot, but I found it too easy to rack up sacks so I stopped using it. Combined rushing average over this span has only been just over 3ypc. Other then the Vikings game where Chester Taylor averaged almost 6ypc, I haven't really had trouble stopping the run. The CPU always seems to have some success early, but I eventually end up shutting them down and their leading rusher almost always averages just over 3ypc.

I play free safety all game and don't switch my defender. I don't find I need to blitz a whole lot most games since my front 4 gets the job done. I give up 1-3 deep balls a game, so the deep ball is by far the CPU's best weapon against me. However, since I play FS it's usually my fault!

I've gotten better at rushing, and most games i'm right around 4ypc... usually just under but that's still pretty realistic. My passing game has been up and down (mostly up) but I like it since you upped the CPU AWR. The only thing I would like to see is the CPU running the ball a little better against me, but it could just be my defense. I'll post up my end of year stats after my last game, although keep in mind I started this season using your version 3 so it was a little easier to start the season.

Here's an odd stat just for kicks... my home record is 3-4 but my road record is 7-0!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:16 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 14

First off i'd like to thank DB for his efforts, great sliders and much appreciated. That said, most sliders typically require small tweaks to personalize for each individual.

Like several others, I just found the running game on both sides to be unrealistically difficult, with outside runs completely ineffective due to DEF AWR being too high. This also seemed to cause cpu DB's to play way too smart. I ended up lowering DEF AWR for both teams and that helped a bunch to make defense more realistic. I still have to work hard at the run and pass, but occassionally bust some nice runs with a good RB.

I don't manually blitz much at all and I found sacks to be pretty low. I lowered both teams PBK by one, seems perfect now. Also raised both teams RBK by one which gives a much better run game ... still very challenging and no 100 yd gaurantee. I'm still tempted to boost the cpu run game a bit more as I seem to play very good run D? Pancakes seem to be fine.

The only other issue I had was cpu field goals. Set at 10 cpu had no problem kicking a 63 yarder, so I lowered FGL and cpu still gets in some 50+ yarders (very realistic imo).
Old 09-12-2006, 12:45 PM   #75
Pro

I've decided to lower FGL for both cpu and human down to 9, and have reset cpu FGA to 0. I'm very likely going to up cpu RBLK to 5, but I'm personally sticking at 3 for human...

Fraid I can't at present edit first post (it's too old) and I'm not 100% sure whether or not to up cpu pass block by one yet, so I won't post any "official" version changes yet.

Keep your comments and stats coming in..Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2006, 02:30 PM   #76
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I had to up the pass blocking. In my Jags franchise I had Like 17 sacks in the first three games. So I put it up one notch, so we'll see how it goes. I also lowered my own QB accuracy because my worst game throwing so far is 330 against the steelers. I lit up the Steelers, Cowboys, and Colts pretty easily throwing, especially to my Rookie TE. I like the YAC I can get though. I discovered the secret to running easier - patience. If you don't start sprinting as soon as you hand the ball off, you give your line the chance to make a hole, and you sprint once your in it. I also put in you Special Teams slider adjustments since it seemed to me too that Field Goals were too easy. I like the new kick meter though.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewBledsoe
Jax are very,very tough to run on because they have not one but TWO DT's who have the "run stopper" role (go into "player management" and scroll down to "roles" for a complete explaination)...and guys it took me ages to find out where the "roles" were explained, so if you didn't know, that's where to find them.

I'd still like feedback on approx how many sacks you get on average (including number of passes attempted by cpu, and your defensive style), and a rough estimation of YPCarry for the cpu running game...Thanks.
I just played the Browns, with updated rosters (this morning), and the exact same sliders. I got an NFL record 14 sacks against charlie Frye, 9 of them from Leonard Little, and I only blitzed like maybe 15-20% of the time. That game was disgusting. I beat them 28-14... and it was 28-0 going into the 4th quarter. I had 100 rushing yards with jackson before half time. ended the game with 2 TDs and 3 Ints from Bulger, Frye's first 8 passes were incomplete. Browns scored off of a muffed punt on my side, and a fumble recovery on the 5 yard line. the score doesnt match how the game went, but very fun game.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:10 PM   #78
Banned

DB, you said you wanted more feedback, so here goes:

human/cpu

QBA--9/11 (hum qb was too easy before, this makes long ball very tough)
PBK--4/5 (very realistic sack numbers, unless you do lots of manual blitzing)
WRC--11/11 (no change)
RBA--10/11 (no change)
RBK--4/5 (pancakes still inline, and much better running on both sides, cpu could still use help?)

AWR--5/9 (more realistic defensive play on both sides, outside runs work occassionally, and db's play more realistically)
KND--5/10 (no change)
INT--2/3 (i rarely do manual int's as i control either S or MLB and never switch during play, forces you to pass smart)
BRB--4/5 (helps cpu offense without raising pbk/rbk any more)
TKL--5/5 (small db's no longer manhandle bigger rb's)

FGL--8/7 (very realistic field goals)
FGA--0/8 (get an occassional miss from cpu wide right/left on longer fg's)
PL---10/10 (no change)
PA---10/10 (no change)
KL---10/10 (no change)

Overall makes for great gameplay and still very defensive. I typically play more of a ball-control style with defense being my forte, and found these to provide for lower scoring games unless there are a bunch of turnovers. I think the defensive play more than anything is very realistic, with the running game still being tough, especially if you don't have a real stud at RB (just like real world). I get a lot of 2-4 yard runs, with occassional losses and occassional 10 yard bursts. Run all the time and cpu shuts you down, mix run with play action pass and an occassional deep ball and run opens up. Deep ball is still real tough to complete with mediocre QB's (probably realistic). WR and RB ability is right on so no change at either of those. Run and pass blocking seems spot-on with realistic holes that shut quickly. Special teams play with these is just about perfect if it wasn't for the punt return issue .... but that's not fixable. I also stayed with 11 min qtrs, and same penalty settings, again, very realistic.

As I stated in my previous post; thanks goes to DB for all his work, his base (3.4) is what these came off of (with a bit of sroz39 mixed in). I take no credit other than for my few personal touches mentioned. Any of you that found running too frustrating with the original set should enjoy these. Don't get me wrong, the run game is still very challenging and you have to use smart play-calling to keep the defense honest, but now the defense doesn't jump plays before they get started. Happy gaming everyone i'm finally starting a franchise!!! Just have to pick a team now ..........................?
Old 09-12-2006, 06:13 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trukhed
I just played the Browns, with updated rosters (this morning), and the exact same sliders. I got an NFL record 14 sacks against charlie Frye, 9 of them from Leonard Little, and I only blitzed like maybe 15-20% of the time. That game was disgusting. I beat them 28-14... and it was 28-0 going into the 4th quarter. I had 100 rushing yards with jackson before half time. ended the game with 2 TDs and 3 Ints from Bulger, Frye's first 8 passes were incomplete. Browns scored off of a muffed punt on my side, and a fumble recovery on the 5 yard line. the score doesnt match how the game went, but very fun game.
Where do most of your sacks come from? I rarely get more than 3/game unless I get out to a lead and can send the house? I also rarely blitz manually as I usually control one of the Safeties or the MLB.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:16 PM   #80
Pro

OK. I've decided to post a version 4.0 here:- cpu pass and run blocking is slightly up, and FGs have been altered, I'm hoping this will be a good enough version to give most people a good game with real life stats, tweak away as you will

EDIT: I immediately retract upping the cpu pass block, it doesn't work, it just gives the cpu oline more pancakes, and then the QB just heaves it deep..it doesn't have the effect of lowering sacks for the player so its back to 6 where it belongs.

EDIT 2:- Vrs 4.1 in brackets (Kudos goes to Highheat)

Human Listed 1st:-

QB: 10/11
PB: 5/6
WR: 11/11
RB: 10/11
BLK: 3/5

53jtKbF1

AW: 6/13
KND:5/10(12)
INT: 0/2(4)
BB: 5/5
TKL: 6/6

uRz3JJP1
Kd5SQNP1

FGL:9/9
FGA:0/0
PL: 10/10
PA: 10/10
KL: 10/10

iVZcToM2

Sub out/in :- 85/90

Injuries:- In game 102, Simmed 105

Penalties:- All at max except Holding 9, False Start 9, and Roughing the Passer 6.

Clock:- 14 Mins Accelerated (but whatever gives you an average 125 total offensive plays(both teams combined), thats runs, passes and sacks) is most accurate. 13 or 12 mins accel may work better for others.

As always feedback appreciated, Thanks.

Last edited by DrewBledsoe; 09-14-2006 at 12:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »