Home

DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders II

This is a discussion on DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders II within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2006, 06:29 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders II

I'm definetly curious & will keep up with these sliders.

Sorry, I know everything I said in my previous post wasn't related to your sliders. I got a bit off track.

That being said, these sliders are better than the defaults.
Keep up the good work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2006, 10:50 PM   #26
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I used these sliders and noted a few problems. Throwing the ball was way to easy in my opinion. Also, I had about 7 sacks with the steelers defense against cincy in about 3 quarters before I had to jack the cpu pbk up and even that didn't help too much... for some reason, I always get a ton of sacks on all pro regardless of the sliders I use.

I absolutely love that these sliders fix the biggest problem for franchise players, the pancake problem. I'm always sick of having an offensive line thats all in the high nineties after a season or two because of the rapid progression of these players thanks to ridiculous pancake numbers. The downfall of fixing the pancakes is that running is ridiculous. The opposing defensive line was in the backfield all game long. If it wasn't for breaking a huge run up the middle for 80 yards, I would have run for about 2 yards a carry for the rest of the game, and as the Steelers thats just not acceptable.

The biggest problem with this game, and with every slider set I've seen, is that there just doesn't seem to be a way of making it possible to actually run somewhat effectively without having the oline rack up unrealistic pancake numbers.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:43 AM   #27
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

just played my first game on these sliders. Really good game! I won 30-27 in OT. John Hall kicked 5 Fieldgoals including the game winner. Clinton Portis had 36 carries for 142 yards and 2 TDs. Mark Brunell was 24/37 for 259 yards and 1 INT. Game Stats are below. I thought running the ball was fine, although I imagine running against Kansas City is probably a lot easier than running against any other team (I used default rosters).

Only changes I would suggest would be to raise HUM INT as a whole bunch of passes hit my DBs in the hands and they dropped it. I would put it at like 1 or 2.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:45 AM   #28
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

btw what u guys do on the penalty sliders?
Old 09-08-2006, 04:19 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
btw what u guys do on the penalty sliders?
My penalty sliders are all maxed except False start 9, Holding 9, and Roughing the Passer 6. The last was necessary, otherwise even slightly brushing the QB after the play results in a flag (and I do mean v slightly...on 10 I had a dozen RTP calls in one game).
Old 09-08-2006, 04:30 AM   #30
Pro

Well we are getting some varied results and opinions, which is good. Some people can't run, some can. (If you'd been Miami last night, you'd have said this is impossible, I can't run with these sliders vs Pittsburgh ...they were 18/38 with a long of 8). It should be difficult to run in some games...

My main concern atm is that most people still think it too easy to pass. This I'm trying to fix without making it any harder to run on the cpu. I'm hoping Bondsfan's big sack game was a statistical misnomer, he said raising pass block didn't even help much, so maybe it was just "one of those games".

I honestly think human int at 0 is right, anymore and over a season all your DBs go to the pro bowl, which isn't right.

Anyways, thanks for feedback, keep it coming

EDIT:- I've made some changes to make it a bit harder for the human to pass, Cpu AWR up +1, KND +2, but lowered CPU tackles by -1 to compensate, changes posted as vr 3.4 in first post.

Last edited by DrewBledsoe; 09-08-2006 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #31
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

This is THE set, DB. You're the man.

I had tried Playmakers' current gen crossovers, but I HATE the "Ask Madden" feature. I want to call the game. No offense intended, and with that feature Playmaker's current gen are great, but I want to use all the weapons at my disposal. For instance:

1. I want to audible whenever the CPU throws eight in the box against the run, or overloads to the side I'm running to. We all know these are cheats programmed into the game, and I want to try to counteract them. I like calling a quick slant to keep the defense honest.

2. I like hotroutes to WR's and playmaker controls to change the RB's pre-snap run. I motion to test zone vs. man coverage. Note: Accelerated clock, for those of you who don't use it, won't let you make too many adjustments. Now that I do like.

DrewBledsoes's sliders not only allow you to do all these things, they rather INSIST that you do. You've got to be constantly working the play, adjusting to offensive and defensive formations and situations. I love that. And trust me, playing with Peyton (which I did while testing these for myself) is a WHOLLY different experience than with J.P. Losman (I then tested with him). I love QB play, so I tend to see sliders from that perspective.

3. I wasn't much of a "juker" or "button" guy with the RB. I have learned. You have to use all the tools at your disposal with DB's sliders.

I'm ready to annoint these the best. I'm ready to begin my Chiefs 'chise. First order next year will be drafting a QB and upgrading the D-line interior and O-line. I KNOW Trent Green will retire after the 2006 season in Madden. Age 36 is almost always the QB retirment threshold in franchise.

But I digress.

Your sliders are IT, Drew. You rock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2006, 01:08 PM   #32
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemChief
This is THE set, DB. You're the man.

I had tried Playmakers' current gen crossovers, but I HATE the "Ask Madden" feature. I want to call the game. No offense intended, and with that feature Playmaker's current gen are great, but I want to use all the weapons at my disposal. For instance:

1. I want to audible whenever the CPU throws eight in the box against the run, or overloads to the side I'm running to. We all know these are cheats programmed into the game, and I want to try to counteract them. I like calling a quick slant to keep the defense honest.

2. I like hotroutes to WR's and playmaker controls to change the RB's pre-snap run. I motion to test zone vs. man coverage. Note: Accelerated clock, for those of you who don't use it, won't let you make too many adjustments. Now that I do like.

DrewBledsoes's sliders not only allow you to do all these things, they rather INSIST that you do. You've got to be constantly working the play, adjusting to offensive and defensive formations and situations. I love that. And trust me, playing with Peyton (which I did while testing these for myself) is a WHOLLY different experience than with J.P. Losman (I then tested with him). I love QB play, so I tend to see sliders from that perspective.

3. I wasn't much of a "juker" or "button" guy with the RB. I have learned. You have to use all the tools at your disposal with DB's sliders.

I'm ready to annoint these the best. I'm ready to begin my Chiefs 'chise. First order next year will be drafting a QB and upgrading the D-line interior and O-line. I KNOW Trent Green will retire after the 2006 season in Madden. Age 36 is almost always the QB retirment threshold in franchise.

But I digress.

Your sliders are IT, Drew. You rock.
P.S. Drew is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about the CPU changing ratings each game, especially in the playoffs. I've learned to live with it, and enjoy it. in the '06 version, my Lions franchise, in my new QB's 2nd year in the league, we went 13-3, and to the NFC Championship. Then the Cowboys came to Ford Field, and just wiped the gridiron with us. I threw 3 picks, after only throwing 9 all season. Ack. When I played the 'Boys at Dallas that same season? I threw 2 TD's, and had a 66.4% completion rate. The Lions trounced them 31-14.

Oh, Dallas then defeated Denver that year in an awesome Superbowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »