Home

DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders II

This is a discussion on DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders II within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2006, 01:28 AM   #41
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: DB's XBOX ALL-PRO Sliders II

DB, great work man. WIth the opening day rosters from Sjoh,and your EXCELLENT slider set to work with.... i see a long, enjoyable chise in my future. You basically made this game play the way i hope EA intended it to...only failed at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2006, 03:53 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 8

@Bondsfan:- glad sacks seemed under control. You do have to attempt to knockdown some passes with current sliders, but for the games in which the cpu QBs are decent, the games in which they are awful and go something like 12/35 will compensate over a season.

As for INTs, Wildcatchild said in his post above that he had 4 in one game with 0 Human INT set. I've had 3 twice, 2 many,many times, and am averaging around 1.3 per game, which is very realistic.(The NFL average per team per game was only 0.99 last year)

@All:-Sliders are intended as a decent guide only; they are not set in stone. Adjust them to whatever makes a good game for you, even though I would try a few games first. If you up RBLK, and decrease Break Block, I suggest you also lower Pass Block to compensate (certainly for human).

Thanks for replys, keep 'em coming

Last edited by DrewBledsoe; 09-10-2006 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:53 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 11

Just wanted to throw my $.02 in.

These are good sliders. I played a couple games last night with 'em, and statistically, they were pretty spot on. Like Bonds, I found that both myself and the cpu were able to shut down the run a little too effectively, but I'm going to try a few more games before I make any adjustments (like the ones Bonds suggested). My passing % was a little low using Collins on the Titans, but I was playing a decent Packer defense and made some pretty boneheaded decisions.

Good work Drew. I may have to tweak a click or two, but probably not by much.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:20 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
DB, great work man. WIth the opening day rosters from Sjoh,and your EXCELLENT slider set to work with.... i see a long, enjoyable chise in my future. You basically made this game play the way i hope EA intended it to...only failed at it.
I 2nd this post...out of the sliders on here, your's give me the most realistic gameplay and stats...not knocking the other's, because their's were good also...

Stand up and take a bow man.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #45
All Star

OVR: 24

How is the CPU run game with these? Can someone post some stats?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2006, 01:02 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheatkingsb
How is the CPU run game with these? Can someone post some stats?
Without posting full game stats, on average (I always use Jets) the cpu is averaging about 4.3 yards per carry on me. On a good day I'll hold them under 4 per carry, and on a bad day...well if they break a long run it can be a quite a bit, but lets say 5.5 on a bad day.

Single game stats can be pretty meaningless, but they seem to play ok as a whole.

EDIT:- Pennington 24/33/319/2/0, Collins 17/38/223/0/2, Blaylock 19/36, Barlow 11/35, Brown 16/64.........Jets couldn't run, Pennington fantasy football numbers, Collins low completion percentage, sliders must need some tweaking...nope REAL LIFE game that just finished...allow me my moment of glory...

Just goes to show though, one game isn't a season, whether its on Madden or its Real Life

Last edited by DrewBledsoe; 09-10-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:05 PM   #47
All Star

OVR: 24

OK!!! I'm sold. These are the perfect sliders. Great job man. They are absolutely amazing with turning the CPU cone off and using a no switch rule on defense as I like to do. I also use the ask Madden feature and the first game I played, was the best game I've played on Madden this year. It's even tough to stop the run, the first sliders I've used on All-Pro that has given me a challenge in that department. The Jags actually outrushed my Broncos. First time this year that has happened as well. Great Job DB!!!! These are definately my franchise sliders.

Couple suggestions, if you want realistic sim stats at the end of the year, go 103 in game and 105 or 108 sim game for injury sliders.

Last edited by highheatkingsb; 09-10-2006 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Highheat,

You still have to decide your formation first though right before you use the Ask Madden feature for every play??

Thanks
Jeff

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »