Home

Sroz39's Current Gen All-Pro Sliders

This is a discussion on Sroz39's Current Gen All-Pro Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2006, 10:30 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Sroz39's Current Gen All-Pro Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I did try DB's set and didn't really find them to my liking. Which is why I started my own set. Everyone plays differently and expects different things to be realistic to them.

My Pro set I'm actually quite proud of. Pro does play realistically on the Human side of things, but the CPU can play a little sloppy at times. Which is why I'm proud of that set because I feel like I made the CPU competitive to play against without any "boosting" to their attributes.
Was your PRO set competitive enough for you, or was it just too easy to beat the cpu causing you to move to ALL-PRO? I like it when I have to work hard/play well to get a win ..... just like the real thing. Now if i'm playing against Houston and i'm the Colts, that should potentially be a blowout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #26
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Was your PRO set competitive enough for you, or was it just too easy to beat the cpu causing you to move to ALL-PRO? I like it when I have to work hard/play well to get a win ..... just like the real thing. Now if i'm playing against Houston and i'm the Colts, that should potentially be a blowout.

It was competitive to a point. It seemed like if the CPU got ahead, the sloppy play would start and they'd let you back in it. The CPU was not good at closing out games.

On top of that, the QB A.I. was spotty at best. I had a whole "rant" post in my Pro slider thread that would explain everything, but the CPU QB play left something to be desired.

In general though, the game played well but I had to move up and haven't really regretted it because I'm finding it tough on All-Pro with my set, without boosting the A.I. in any way, which is always my first goal with a slider set.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #27
Banned

So your sticking with the current posted ALL-PRO set in this thread as the best sliders in your opinion (or have you made some tweaks)?
Old 09-09-2006, 07:14 PM   #28
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
So your sticking with the current posted ALL-PRO set in this thread as the best sliders in your opinion (or have you made some tweaks)?
The only thing I could see myself tweaking down the road is the Tackle slider. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with the way the game plays with these.

Don't forget, most people using these will have to tweak the Awareness sliders to their liking.

Last edited by sroz39; 09-09-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:59 PM   #29
Banned

I raised QBA and WR by 1, and dropped CPU AWR by 1. Next chance I get i'll play with that and see if it's franchise-ready for me.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:52 AM   #30
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

Quote:
I raised QBA and WR by 1, and dropped CPU AWR by 1. Next chance I get i'll play with that and see if it's franchise-ready for me.
Good luck! I hope they're what you're looking for.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #31
Rookie

OpTiOnMaStA's Arena

OVR: 4

What I look for is how much pressure a defense like Tampa can put on the QB without having to blitz. I am a big Tampa fan and the entire cover 2 defense is predicated on the fact that there is no need to blitz. The front four can get enough pressure that there is no need to blitz. Unfortunately, I haven't found the right set for me yet. I will give these a try. I am just going to play with some random team and hope my franchise is competitive and realistic.

Also, what do you do about importing draft classes, etc. The players come in with way too high of ratings in my opinion and that dilutes the game pretty badly. The talent pool is way better after even just one draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2006, 02:23 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Good luck! I hope they're what you're looking for.
Well, I think i'll end up using a set that's a mix between your sliders and DB's. I will play one more game with the below set before I start my franchise, but I played two games tonight and gameplay was very realistic. Only a few minor tweaks may be needed, but so far i'm very comfortable with these. Good competitive play/stats. Just in case your interested, here's what i'm playing with:

QBA----9/11
PBK----5/6 (might lower this to 4/5)
WRC---11/11
RBA----10/11
BLK----5/5

AWR---5/9
KND---5/10
INT---1/2 (might raise this to 2/3)
BRB---4/4
TKL---5/5 (might lower to 4/4)

FGL---8/7
FGA---0/8
PL----10/10
PA----10/10
KL----10/10

QTR's, penalties, subs same as your set.

Thanks to both you and DB for giving me a base to work with, it's the only way this game is playable!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »