Home

ALL MADDEN SLIDERS FOR XBOX 360

This is a discussion on ALL MADDEN SLIDERS FOR XBOX 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: ALL MADDEN SLIDERS FOR XBOX 360

For my next game I'll slow down on my snaps and see how many plays that takes off. I'll also adjust the subin/subout sliders and see if it helps any with my backup rb getting some carries during the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah I agree with you both...at 9 minute quarters, I get about 110 snaps per game, far less than RT. But that's if I sit there and drool through the cutscenes.

Without an accelerated clock, it all depends on how fast you play.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #67
Rookie

Okay gents, let’s sort of regroup here. I have a tendency to blather on, so I will try and make this post a little more concise.

This is a long and tedious process. The reason is because we are trying to isolate each slider and get consistent stats from it. This sort of linear approach is very different from the more comprehensive approach where you play a game, look at the stats, and then adjust the sliders.

In addition to the special teams sliders, there are very few sliders that I have locked down. However, I intend to keep those sliders exactly where they are. It is the rest we will adjust. Let’s have a look at the sliders I have locked down.

USER QBA 50
As discussed above, this slider is this way because, were it any less, the User would be unable to reach the maximum range of the NFL passers. Were it any higher, the User could throw the ball farther than a real NFL quarterback could.

USER RBA 25
This slider is at this setting because I timed the running backs’ speed. Were it any lower, the User running backs would be slower than real NFL running backs. Were it any higher, the User running backs would run faster than real NFL running backs. The problem with the slider is that it causes more fumbles than occur in the NFL. I believe this can be corrected by adjusting CPU Tackling. Since I have dropped CPU Tackling to ZERO, I have not seen any backs fumble. (That doesn’t mean CPU Tackling will stay at ZERO…it just means that CPU Tackling affects the frequency of User fumbles.

CPU RBA 25
The same speed issue discussed above applies here.

USER WRC 25
This slider is at this setting because it seems to make your average (Catching Ability 85-88) wide receiver drop about 15% of the balls he gets his hands on.

All the other sliders are what we are trying to isolate.

So let’s do this…let’s try and find one or two more stats that we can align. Let’s focus on User Fumbles and User Broken Tackles. Once we get good returns on those, we can work our way to the other settings.

USER FUMBLES
As Trey points out, User RBA affects the Carry ability. The lower it is, the more likely your back is to fumble the football. Also, my trials have shown that Tackle affects fumbling. Therefore, lets do some tests with CPU Tackle at 0. Your back Should only fumble the ball once in about 90 carries.

USER BROKEN TACKLES
Elite backs seem to break about one tackle every two or three attempts. So if you use LT, and you rush him 30 times in one game, he should have between 10 and 15 broken tackles (against an average defense).

Now, here’s the neat thing. The slider that affects this more than any other is actually User Run Blocking. That is because, the better your run blocking, the more LT gets into the secondary where he faces safeties and corners. There, he has a chance to break some tackles.

Here’s what I did first…

User Running Back Ability 25
User Run Blocking 50

CPU Break Block 25
CPU Tackling 0

LT had TWO broken tackles the entire game. Even with CPU Tackle at 0, LT could not break the tackles of the defensive linemen and backers very often. So to test, I cranked up the User Run Block to 100. LT was then averaging ONE broken tackle every TWO carries. In 13 carries, he broke about 8 tackles (far too much).

This includes me using the highlight stick when LT came up one on one with a defender. The point is that Run Blocking Slider seems to be the key to Broken Tackles.

So let’s work with this slider set for now…

Code:
  USER CPU
QBA   50  50
PBL   25  25
WRC   25  25
RBA   25  25
RBL   75  50
AWR   25  25
KND   25  25
INT    0   0
BRB   25  25
TAK   20   0
Now remember...(for now) we don't care about anything but User Fumbles and User broken tackles.

At these settings, for each of us, we should post the following information:

Name of the Back
Rushing Attempts
Broken Tackles
Fumbles
YPC

So much for not blathering on ;-)

While we're at it, it couldnt hurtto post the same info for the CPU in an effort to start killing two birds with one stone.

Last edited by JoeGibbsStudent; 10-10-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #68
Rookie

As a supplement to that last post, use "Ask Coach" for both your offensiveand defensive play calls.

The idea there is to minimize the effect of our respective play calling on the stats.

I will be comfortable when we all have roughly the same number of broken tackles (depending on the backs we are using) and only one or two fumbles for every 100 carries.

For me, I am using San Diego versus San Diego. This puts one of the best rushing teams versus one of the best run stopping teams, and controls CPU v. User for both sides.

EDIT
In fact, if you don't mind, we should all use the same teams for purposes of this test. It can be a little boring, but it should be a lot more reliable.

Last edited by JoeGibbsStudent; 10-10-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #69
Rookie

What penalty sliders should we be using?

I also think we should change the SubOut/SubIn sliders for a few positions.
RB SubOut 85 SubIn 91
DT SubOut 89 SubIn 93
DE SubOut 83 SubIn 91
Old 10-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGibbsStudent
As a supplement to that last post, use "Ask Coach" for both your offensiveand defensive play calls.

The idea there is to minimize the effect of our respective play calling on the stats.

I will be comfortable when we all have roughly the same number of broken tackles (depending on the backs we are using) and only one or two fumbles for every 100 carries.

For me, I am using San Diego versus San Diego. This puts one of the best rushing teams versus one of the best run stopping teams, and controls CPU v. User for both sides.

EDIT
In fact, if you don't mind, we should all use the same teams for purposes of this test. It can be a little boring, but it should be a lot more reliable.

So are you saying we should all use San Diego v. San Diego, or use any team but make sure to play that team vs. itself?

Also, and forgive me if you've tested otherwise, but isn't San Diego a pretty bad defense in Madden?

I know they are quite good IRL but they always grade out near the bottom (they are 28th vs the Run in my current franchise).

The Seahawks, however, are in the top 7 in Rushing Yards AND rushing D.

Last edited by trey5; 10-10-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:43 PM   #71
Rookie

I think he means for us all to use SD vs SD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #72
Rookie

im still in the 1st qtr and after 2 possessions, LT has 119yds on 8 carries, 1td, 0fum, 3btk, 1sth yds 56, 1 gain of 20+ and a long of 64, thats my LT.

cpu LT has 23yds on 7 carries, 3.2avg long of 11yds

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »