Home

PUBLISHED SLIDERS FOR ALL MADDEN LEVEL ON XBOX 360

This is a discussion on PUBLISHED SLIDERS FOR ALL MADDEN LEVEL ON XBOX 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2006, 12:12 AM   #25
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: PUBLISHED SLIDERS FOR ALL MADDEN LEVEL ON XBOX 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan349
Wait... there's a hard count button? Why is it not in the manual?
Yup....it's the right bumper.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2006, 12:42 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 29

And it causes a ton of offsides. So many that I find it absolutely useless.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:43 AM   #27
Rookie

Dolfan349's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks, I'll try that. Now my comments.

These are the MOST offensive-oriented sliders I've ever played with. Ever.

NE vs. MIA, 48 points were scored... before halftime. The defense is mindless, tackling is a joke, and the game is chock-full of 60+ yd plays that make it look like high-school football. No joke -- I had three straight 60+ yd TD pass plays on the first play of three straight drives. This happens on both sides of the ball, and happens with the running game as well. Corey Dillon breaks an average of three tackles per attempt, and bounces off of defenders like they were rubber balls. Ball carriers weave through holes that aren't even open.

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's huge plays that happen 6-10 times a game. Ironically, there could have been a TON more huge plays if there weren't 5-10 dropped passes a game. I'm not talking hard-to-catch balls here -- I watch the ball hit the receiver in the hands, then bounce off. Granted, this does happen in reality, but it happens in the game way too often to receivers that shouldn't be doing it.

Second, the cpu QB's are psychic. This probably doesn't have anything to do with the sliders because I do get pressure -- but sacks are impossible. The SECOND, and I mean the second any defender gets close to the QB, a throw is made. It's like there's a proximity sensor or something. The bs thing is, it's ALWAYS a good throw.

In the end, essentially every time the cpu touched the ball, they scored. It was like clockwork. Over 500 yds of offense on both sides.

Penalties seem fine... but I'm going to have to do some tweaking here. You all did a fine job of experimenting and testing, and the work is appreciated. However, it looks like all I can use these for is a basis for tweaking my own personal play style. Surely I'm not alone here in these observations? Surely you guys had ridiculous games like these during testing?
Old 10-26-2006, 08:36 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:

NE vs. MIA, 48 points were scored... before halftime. The defense is mindless, tackling is a joke, and the game is chock-full of 60+ yd plays that make it look like high-school football. No joke -- I had three straight 60+ yd TD pass plays on the first play of three straight drives. This happens on both sides of the ball, and happens with the running game as well. Corey Dillon breaks an average of three tackles per attempt, and bounces off of defenders like they were rubber balls. Ball carriers weave through holes that aren't even open.

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's huge plays that happen 6-10 times a game. Ironically, there could have been a TON more huge plays if there weren't 5-10 dropped passes a game. I'm not talking hard-to-catch balls here -- I watch the ball hit the receiver in the hands, then bounce off. Granted, this does happen in reality, but it happens in the game way too often to receivers that shouldn't be doing it.

Second, the cpu QB's are psychic. This probably doesn't have anything to do with the sliders because I do get pressure -- but sacks are impossible. The SECOND, and I mean the second any defender gets close to the QB, a throw is made. It's like there's a proximity sensor or something. The bs thing is, it's ALWAYS a good throw.

In the end, essentially every time the cpu touched the ball, they scored. It was like clockwork. Over 500 yds of offense on both sides.

Penalties seem fine... but I'm going to have to do some tweaking here. You all did a fine job of experimenting and testing, and the work is appreciated. However, it looks like all I can use these for is a basis for tweaking my own personal play style. Surely I'm not alone here in these observations? Surely you guys had ridiculous games like these during testing?
Please read the first several posts, specifically the part where I said I don't promise they will work for any one of you. Also, play more then one game before you clutter up the thread with rants (and no stats).

Also, learn to play defense.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:56 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Funny you say sacks are impossible, I had 4 in my 1st game with these sliders against the cpu. No plays over 40 yards for the Cpu, I had 1 play for 50 yards, and as far as the Cpu running their avg was 4.2 mine 3.4 yards per carry.

This is my 1st exp on All-Madden because I felt I was not good enough, but these sliders are pretty good as far as I am concerned. Everyones style of play is also different, therefore all games will be different. That's a NO-BRAINER!!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:25 AM   #30
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGibbsStudent
Please read the first several posts, specifically the part where I said I don't promise they will work for any one of you. Also, play more then one game before you clutter up the thread with rants (and no stats).

Also, learn to play defense.
I know that you want stats as a basis for what's going on gameplay wise but I have to agree with the guy you're replying to. I have played about 5 games now and every game has been a shootout. I faced a Mcnabb less Eagles and Garcia lit me up for 350+ yards. I also played the Hawks with Wallace starting and he also lit me up to the tune of 367 and 5tds. I'm calling coverage defenses with an occassional bitz. The dbs seem to stand there and watch the wr catch balls. I continuously get beat deep in Cover 3&4 as well as 3 man deep. The wr are 3 and 4 yards behind my secondary. The running game seems to be perfect! Maybe I'm missing something pass defense wise. I call good defenses based on situation. I also use the pass committ in obvious passing situations but to no avail. I will record stats for the next game or two so we can be more objective with whats going on. Thanks for the hard work that you guys put into these.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:07 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
I know that you want stats as a basis for what's going on gameplay wise but I have to agree with the guy you're replying to. I have played about 5 games now and every game has been a shootout. I faced a Mcnabb less Eagles and Garcia lit me up for 350+ yards. I also played the Hawks with Wallace starting and he also lit me up to the tune of 367 and 5tds. I'm calling coverage defenses with an occassional bitz. The dbs seem to stand there and watch the wr catch balls. I continuously get beat deep in Cover 3&4 as well as 3 man deep. The wr are 3 and 4 yards behind my secondary. The running game seems to be perfect! Maybe I'm missing something pass defense wise. I call good defenses based on situation. I also use the pass committ in obvious passing situations but to no avail. I will record stats for the next game or two so we can be more objective with whats going on. Thanks for the hard work that you guys put into these.
Yeah. Well like I said, go ahead and post your game stats. When I have about ten games, I'll put out the next version.

If you go back to our testing thread, you will see a section where the CPU was averaging under 200 yards through the air, so we can adjust the sliders to cause that. However, I cannot do it with any precision until I have about ten games worth of data. As of right now, I have two. Also, I'm going to post my current rankings in my franchise to give some perspective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #32
Rookie

Dolfan349's Arena

I knew full well these wouldn't work for everyone, I wasn't trying to be negative. Like I said, it wasn't just my defense getting burned, it was the cpu's as well. It's not that I don't know how to play defense.

If I make modifications to the slider set and then post stats, is that ok?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I suppose it wouldn't help... just create more confusion. I'll keep trying though, these seem to be a great base set.

Last edited by Dolfan349; 10-26-2006 at 10:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »