Home

Everything set to zero

This is a discussion on Everything set to zero within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Everything set to zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly
Ok guys, here's my early thoughts on the zero sliders so far, with the QB ACC, WR CATCH, and RB ABIL the only settings at 50:

I only played a half, on All-Madden, with the Bengals against the Saints. 21-7 Saints through a half, but keep in mind, I wasn't exactly concerned with the score, as I was with trying out all the positions and seeing how effective they were with the sliders on 0. Both teams are fairly even as far as ratings are concerned, with one being an 88 and the other an 87. I must say, through a half of play, these sliders feel very effective. It makes for a good game of football.

Only two turnovers thus far, a Rudi Johnson fumble, and a Carson Palmer INT (which was entirely my fault, as I threw a horrendous pass on the run).

As far as the running backs go, Deuce and Reggie Bush had quite a bit of yards on the ground, but so did Rudi Johnson. The only suggestion I would even make would be to drop the RB ABIL slightly. But that's just my own personal opinion.

As for the quarterbacks, Brees and Palmer were pretty much on target most of the time, but there were several impressive knockdowns by the defensive backs. So as for the QB ACC at 50, that feels just right to me. There was a lot of variety in the passes, which is what I like when it comes to a football game.

The kicking game is right where it should be with the sliders like this. I was getting ridiculously long kicks with the sliders at 50, and at 0, it really does depend on the rating of your kicker.

I'm gonna go start a franchise now, and play a game in that to see if this is going to work long-term. I really have a good feeling about it though, so luckily this will be good for us all. I'll be back later with more impressions on these sliders.
what level are u playing on? will these work on All Madden

Virginia Tech Hokies 11-3
Los Angeles Lakers 24-11
North Carolina Tarheels #1 17-0

The Games I'm Currently Playing
Nba 2k8
Madden Nfl 08
Ncaa Football 08

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #26
Fly
Rookie

Fly's Arena

I was playing on All-Madden. I'm considering trying All-Pro to see if there is a large difference. I would prefer to play on All-Madden though, as it seems to be best for these sliders in my opinion.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:01 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Just gave these a try on All-Pro 6 minutes. Total of 4 turnovers I won withthe Cowboys vs Raiders 27-13. Culpepper threw 2 picks Romo 1. There was 1 fumble by JJ on the 1st play of the game with him being injured on the play.
Don't want to jump the gun to fast but these played out real good. Going to give them another try and will report back. Also gonna give Heelfans a try. Peace!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 7

i would also suggest turning off the weapons.

qb acc, wr catch and rb abl all at 50

the reason i dont lower the rb abil is because rb abil factors in the fumbles...
Old 08-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #29
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

All-Madden or All-Pro is fine, it's up to the individual.

Regarding the RB ABL slider, it will for sure need to be increased. While the YPC is ok, the fumbles are a bit out-of-hand, so i'll work with that now.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:45 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly
I was playing on All-Madden. I'm considering trying All-Pro to see if there is a large difference. I would prefer to play on All-Madden though, as it seems to be best for these sliders in my opinion.
with all sliders on 0 for defense and qb accuracy on 50,catching, and rb ability on 50, wouldn't that make it easier for the the user to pass and run the ball with all cpu defense sliders to 0.

i personally find it very easy to throw post routes or plays across the middle with default because just like 07 the cpu always plays zone defense and that defense is so easy to beat

Virginia Tech Hokies 11-3
Los Angeles Lakers 24-11
North Carolina Tarheels #1 17-0

The Games I'm Currently Playing
Nba 2k8
Madden Nfl 08
Ncaa Football 08

Old 08-15-2007, 12:48 PM   #31
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11

RB ABL at 25 for both HUM/CPU seems to be the 'foundation' setting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #32
Fly
Rookie

Fly's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx74xx
RB ABL at 25 for both HUM/CPU seems to be the 'foundation' setting.
Yep, I just played a half with this as the setting, and it felt good. Shaun Alexander had quite a few yards, but he's Shaun Alexander. He's allowed to do that. For me, Cadillac Williams had decent yardage, which seems to be about right.

I'm gonna try to lower it once more, and put them at either 15 or 20. But if the fumbles begin, I'd say 25 is about as good as it's gonna get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »