Home

Jay's Realism Sliders for All-Pro (TESTED X360)

This is a discussion on Jay's Realism Sliders for All-Pro (TESTED X360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 08:28 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Jay's Realism Sliders for All-Pro (TESTED X360)

Are you guys using weapons with these sliders?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:34 AM   #34
Rookie

Hey Jay,

I did a little more testing on the special teams side -

Are you sure about the KO power for CPU being the same as human? In my tests at 10 (I used 10 kicks as a base for my percentages) I couldn't get the CPU to get one kick to be a touch back. I found that I had to bump it to around 22ish to really get a good percentage (about 25-30% for a kicker with a decent leg) of touchbacks.

Also, I used Matt Bryant from Tampa Bay as my test kicker and also used 60 yards as a base. I did this because he kicked a 60 yarder last year so I figured it was a good place to start. I found that with User KP @ 50, he was making 3 of 10 when I hit it max power. It is important to note that when I say making, I don't mean through the uprights, I mean he had enough distance. I also found that to get him to hit the same percentage for the CPU I had to take the CPU KP down to 38-40. He wasn't making any with it at 5.

Anyway, I figured I'd share those with you to see if they helped you at all. I know we are using different kickers, but Bryant hit his 60 yarder last year so I figured that was good to use as a jumping off point for KPW.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:15 AM   #35
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensaku
Are you guys using weapons with these sliders?
I have mine turned on still yet. Not sure about anyone else. These work pretty good even though they look so strange, I can't believe it. I have never found sliders this early that I like. I've had the game less than 3 days and already have sliders I can use, 4 years of draft classes, EA did a pretty good update already, and I can go ahead and get my Franchise started.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
I have mine turned on still yet. Not sure about anyone else. These work pretty good even though they look so strange, I can't believe it. I have never found sliders this early that I like. I've had the game less than 3 days and already have sliders I can use, 4 years of draft classes, EA did a pretty good update already, and I can go ahead and get my Franchise started.
Thanks for answering back. I am using it turned off and I like them. I might turn them back on later. Up in the air for me. I did turn up human brk blocking to 5 because I could never get any pass rush with the Skins even while blitzing. But they are good sliders though. Thanks Jay!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:36 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

I played one game with these and the stats turned out pretty good. 1 fumble by the CPU(came across the middle to meet Sean Taylor..hehehe). I threw one pick but that was completely my fault, thought my reciever was one on one but the safety was lurking and picked it. But despite that -- I never really had a fumble or interception problem before. So that brings me to a gripe about these; the game just all in all feels "slower". Reggie Bush seems to run as fast as Jay Cutler did before. Anybody else feel the "slowness" from these sliders? All in all, pretty decent set. I may not use them since the Madden Challenge will not be playing with sliders, and I need to get my game ready for that. A+ Job on the special teams though!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrocity
I played one game with these and the stats turned out pretty good. 1 fumble by the CPU(came across the middle to meet Sean Taylor..hehehe). I threw one pick but that was completely my fault, thought my reciever was one on one but the safety was lurking and picked it. But despite that -- I never really had a fumble or interception problem before. So that brings me to a gripe about these; the game just all in all feels "slower". Reggie Bush seems to run as fast as Jay Cutler did before. Anybody else feel the "slowness" from these sliders? All in all, pretty decent set. I may not use them since the Madden Challenge will not be playing with sliders, and I need to get my game ready for that. A+ Job on the special teams though!
I assume by slowness you mean that as a good thing because for the most part, out of the box the game feels like a bunch of monkeys on cocaine running around the field. I'll have to give these a try. I scoffed when I saw the 99/1 thing but hey, if it works it works.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #39
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
From the looks of them I thought they were awful, but I must admit, they're pretty dang good. I can't rush for crap with them, but I never have been that great at rushing. Not to mention I only use my Raiders so that probably has something to do with it. I have one more set of sliders i'm going to try and as long as I don't like them I will more than likely stick with these.

What do you think about moving CPU run ability up to 25 cause the CPU couldn't run against me very well at all either. And I think I need to up the Human run block since i'm so bad at rushing. I don't know though. I may just stick to how they are and learn to play better. At least leave the Human side alone, but I do believe I should move CPU run ability up to 25 cause it is fumbling a lot.
I only advise moving the RB ability slider. The blocking sliders are set to emulate a realistic line push, and realistic holes. If you are having troubles "hitting" holes, or getting outside on end runs, increase ability 3-5 points at a time until you are satisfied.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:32 PM   #40
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm on my way to work now, I wish I currently had more time to answer all the great questions. Here's a couple of points:

- Pass block at 99 is set because 100 seemed to allow *too much* time, and with 99 you get time, but pass rushes are still a factor. Same with the CPU at 1, with it at 0 it seemed unrealistic from the D-Line.

- Someone brought up the FG power and Matt Bryant. I'm not sure what his KPW rating is, but I am aware of his 60 yarder last year. What I can say about that is lets make sure we remember that his was a wind-aided kick in Tampa.

At the same time, if you find results you like better with a small tweak - by all means go ahead!

I know there's been many other excellent points raised, unfortunately I must go make the money to buy the games so I will try to respond to everything tonight.

Thanks to all for input, and hard work in testing. It is appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »