Home

Jay's Realism Sliders for All-Pro (TESTED X360)

This is a discussion on Jay's Realism Sliders for All-Pro (TESTED X360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 06:13 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Jay's Realism Sliders for All-Pro (TESTED X360)

OK, just used these sliders and I think they are pretty solid.

Cowboys 14
Eagles 21
I was the Eagles.

Romo: 15/24 2 TD 1 INT 160 yards. Romo was solid. Made a lot of nice plays, but struggled down the stretch. He played rather well. The only weird thing with him was that he ran the ball a lot on play action, which was weird.
McNabb: 18/26 1 TD 0 INT 214 yards
Jones: 12 car, 67 yards
Romo: 5 car, 49 yards
Hoyte: 2 car, 6 yards
Barber: 1 car, 1 yard
Westbrook: 20 car, 71 yards, 1 TD, 6 receptions 51 yards (Played a TON like real life Westbrook so I liked that)
McNabb: 6 car, 44 yards
Buckhalter: 2 car, 11 yards

Comments: This game played pretty nicely. Overall 1 turnover for Dallas, 2 for the Eagles. I fumbled with Westbrook and Buckhalter but you know what, I was not pressing down RB (or was too slow to press it) on these fumbles. I really think RB helps a TON in this game. People who refuse to use it are just not smart. Complain all you want about the fumbles but apparently they can be cut down with the right bumper/cover it up button. Meanwhile, there was one other fumble (by Romo) that was recovered by Dallas. So 3 turnovers in a game is pretty good. The defensive awareness was strong. In fact, it dropped a lot of passes that would have been interceptions with the earlier sliders I used. I could actually see myself turning up the interceptions and the awareness a tad bit, but not much.

Really the only negative about this was the punting. I don't know if I'm just an idiot (I'm not, the Madden punting system is idiotic) but I had some AWFUL punts. Shanked about three of them, and it was just terrible. That's something I will be adjusting. But I look forward to the continued use of this slider set, it was very solid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 06:26 PM   #42
Rookie

What are turnovers like with these bad boys?
Old 08-17-2007, 07:11 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

I used these sliders and dominated the Pats 42-17. I'm a great Madden player though, so I think I always need to start with All-Madden.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:12 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphsundin
What are turnovers like with these bad boys?
Still the same as with any other slider set. I just finished a game with these sliders after having 1 good game prior and I picked the CPU off 6 times.. the CPU fumbled 3 times.. and I fumbled twice... and I was picked once

So lets see..6 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 12

12 turnovers..

Awesome
Old 08-17-2007, 07:44 PM   #45
Rookie

I think raising the RB ability some will make for less fumbles as long as the tackling stays low. So to counter that the CPU AWR would need to go up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 10:50 PM   #46
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensaku
Are you guys using weapons with these sliders?
Sliders were *tested* with Weapons ON. I have not had a chance to test this personally yet, I have read some people seem to be having "success" with it so far, but I worked today and did not have a chance to check on it myself yet.

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:52 PM   #47
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensaku
Thanks for answering back. I am using it turned off and I like them. I might turn them back on later. Up in the air for me. I did turn up human brk blocking to 5 because I could never get any pass rush with the Skins even while blitzing. But they are good sliders though. Thanks Jay!
If the break block change works for you, that's great!

I am very hesistant to change Break Block myself. As this is the only slider that affects both the run AND the pass game. If it works for you, that's great and if I start having problems I would definitely check into that.

To let you know, my friend and I mainly play as a MLB or an OLB. We very rarely play with defensive linemen, and we see I'd say on average 3 sacks for our defense per game. Some games more, some less.

Thanks for testing and your input!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:53 PM   #48
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
I have mine turned on still yet. Not sure about anyone else. These work pretty good even though they look so strange, I can't believe it. I have never found sliders this early that I like. I've had the game less than 3 days and already have sliders I can use, 4 years of draft classes, EA did a pretty good update already, and I can go ahead and get my Franchise started.
I'm very glad you're having enjoyable games with this set. Rest assured if you ever have any problems, I try to check in here at least once a day and will help in any way I can.

I appreciate your testing and sharing your input!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »