Home

Playmakers Version 1 are up!

This is a discussion on Playmakers Version 1 are up! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2007, 04:17 AM   #73
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Playmakers Version 1 are up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheatkingsb
I know many of you will feel like it limits your abilities and you shouldn't have to play the game this way, but I am just giving some advice on how I play the game and it works for me. I just want you all to enjoy the experience as well, and if it doesn't work for you, that's fine, but I just want to share it with all of you. I have been getting really great games with these sliders, my turnovers are way down and my numbers for both sides are about as perfect as I can get them by limiting myself to how I play, so here goes. I also use PM's sliders for NCAA and use the same rules. Like I said, it won't work for everyone, and that's fine, but I suggest at least giving it a chance.

1. No switching guys ever, including kickoffs and punts
2. No using the sprint button ever (offense, defense, and special teams)
3. No using the hit stick and juke stick ever
4. Play as a safety on defense and every play you must start behind the first down line, unless it's goal to go for the CPU, then you start from behind the goal line
5. Only control the receivers after they catch the ball
6. Only one deep ball per half unless it's the last play
7. Only one out route pass play per quarter including corner routes.
8. Only one run outside the tackles per quarter
9. Only one pass to a running back per quarter
10. No running the same play on both offense and defense per possession
11. Only allowed one blitz play on defense per quarter
12. I set my arrow on kickoffs, punts, and field goals and turn away from the TV or close my eyes while I kick it
13. Only one 4th down opportunity to convert per half unless it's the game is on the line and you are out of timeouts (use it wisely)

This has helped me tremendously with both games and I win some and lose some. I hope some of you will use this method and hope it helps some enjoy this experience more.

Results of my last game: 10 minute quarters

Cincinnati (cpu) at Denver (me)

Score: 24-13
Offense: 272-264
Rush Yds: 124-131
Pass Yds: 148-133
Turnovers: 0-1
Penalties: 3/15-4/35
TOP: 18:23-21:37

*****Note, there were 3 other fumbles in this game, 2 by me and 1 by the CPU, all were recovered by the same team*****
You pretty much want everyone to play real football on their console? I agree with you, you get the best results. This is how I play.

BTW, PM's sliders are awesome. I didnt even touch the sliders, I love the challenge on defense when they deflect my pass. This allows me to make smarter decisions.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #74
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankido
You pretty much want everyone to play real football on their console? I agree with you, you get the best results. This is how I play.

BTW, PM's sliders are awesome. I didnt even touch the sliders, I love the challenge on defense when they deflect my pass. This allows me to make smarter decisions.
The only thing I've adjusted is I put AI Run Block to 100. I'm now having games where I give up 100 yds rushing.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #75
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I know many of you will feel like it limits your abilities and you shouldn't have to play the game this way, but I am just giving some advice on how I play the game and it works for me. I just want you all to enjoy the experience as well, and if it doesn't work for you, that's fine, but I just want to share it with all of you. I have been getting really great games with these sliders, my turnovers are way down and my numbers for both sides are about as perfect as I can get them by limiting myself to how I play, so here goes. I also use PM's sliders for NCAA and use the same rules. Like I said, it won't work for everyone, and that's fine, but I suggest at least giving it a chance.

4. Play as a safety on defense and every play you must start behind the first down line, unless it's goal to go for the CPU, then you start from behind the goal line
12. I set my arrow on kickoffs, punts, and field goals and turn away from the TV or close my eyes while I kick it
13. Only one 4th down opportunity to convert per half unless it's the game is on the line and you are out of timeouts (use it wisely)

This has helped me tremendously with both games and I win some and lose some. I hope some of you will use this method and hope it helps some enjoy this experience more.

*****Note, there were 3 other fumbles in this game, 2 by me and 1 by the CPU, all were recovered by the same team*****
What the heck kind of rules are these?They aren't even realistic****les 6-12 are unrealistic and would take away heavily from any real strategy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 05:42 PM   #76

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

LOL..This is classic!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:52 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 4

just had a great game using pm's exact final sliders. i was the titans vs the lions lost 24-20.
kitna was 19-24 with 293 yards and 3 td's no picks he was a beast. bell had 19 carries for 79 yards and k jones had 3 for 13 v young was 15-32 179 yards and 3 runs for 70 yards 0td's and 2 picks while brown had 23 carries for 76 yards and 2 td's and white had 10 for 29. 2 fumbles for them 0 for me. 1 pancake all together really low maybe to low but all well. tackles looked good as well. calvin johnson caught two lo bombs and finished with 159 yards on 4 catches two td's. tough to stop but i like that so thats good. williams had 6 catches for 69 yards. moulds led for me with 6 catches for 80 yards. hanson was 1-2 while bironas was 2-3. great game i have my chise sliders...not changing a thing!
m's 0
seahawks 0
sonics 1
storm 1
Felix Hernandez=cy young!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:48 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:

1-5 I could deal with, 6-12 are just plain ridiculous!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:57 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've given up 40 points in every game I played these sliders with, time to retire these.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
1-5 I could deal with, 6-12 are just plain ridiculous!
I think it's safe to say to the ai offense doesn't need much help with house rules. They move the ball very good with these sliders in my games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »