Home

t H e G o D z S l I d E r P o S t

This is a discussion on t H e G o D z S l I d E r P o S t within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: t H e G o D z S l I d E r P o S t

Yes thank you bucky... lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 10:56 PM   #106
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

I just played a couple of games with the sliders, here are some of the things that stood out to me.

1.The defense has their hands on the ball way too much. I'd say about 1/3 of the passes thrown were either tipped or INTs.

2.D-lines were outplaying the o-lines, and it wasn't even close. The sacks weren't too bad, but the running game was significantly ineffective.

3. Penalties. Way too many false starts and encroachment calls. I had to stop fake hiking because the penalties were outrageous. Also clipping should be called once a game, twice max. I was getting 6 and 7 a game.

4. The passing game play was perfect. Occasionally passes were over/underthrown and actually fell harmlessly to the turf. Also the WRs catch to drop ratio was spot on. 10 out of 10 in this area.

5. Not really a slider issue, but the fumbles and INTs were outrageous. Most of the scoring occured either on TO returns or drives started deep in opposing team territory.

All in all, I think you have a pretty good set of sliders. Most of the negatives that I noticed are minor and are easily correctable. Good job sir.

***EDIT***
BTW, these are the PRO level sliders I was using.

Last edited by Other Guy; 08-20-2007 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:01 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It's a shame, I was going to try these sliders but then I noticed they didn't vary in increments of two +1 on every third slider. Once I realize that then I knew they were flawed and I could not use them. Maybe next time you make sliders use increments of two and +1 on every third slider and more people will be willing to give them a chance.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-21-2007, 06:54 PM   #108
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
You didnt use prime numbers because the sliders move in increments of 5 not 1. So therefore 1-100 does not exist. It is only 1-20. Which means that you should only use 3,5,7,11,13,17,19. Which equates to 15, 25, 35, 55, 65, 85, and 95 on the MLB 2k7 scale. I haven't looked at your sliders for 2k7 but I am going to assume you only use those numbers.
I thought of the 15, 25, 35, etc being Primes. Makes sense. His sliders are on this page http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...post2037674708 and they use some primes, but there are plenty of 80's, 90's and 75's in there. And he posted that just yesterday, so we all know he had already come up with the "prime number" theory. But I imagine that even though they don't follow that theory, they work fairly well.

And my point is, that Bertrund's theory states that there is always a prime number between any given number and twice that number. It says absolutely nothing about how these numbers interact with each other. So using only Prime Numbers for sliders makes absolutely no sense, if you are using his theory to justify doing so. He has never stated any real reasons for using Primes to make sliders, and Bertrund's theory certainly doesn't answer that question.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:36 PM   #109
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
I thought of the 15, 25, 35, etc being Primes. Makes sense. His sliders are on this page http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...post2037674708 and they use some primes, but there are plenty of 80's, 90's and 75's in there. And he posted that just yesterday, so we all know he had already come up with the "prime number" theory. But I imagine that even though they don't follow that theory, they work fairly well.

And my point is, that Bertrund's theory states that there is always a prime number between any given number and twice that number. It says absolutely nothing about how these numbers interact with each other. So using only Prime Numbers for sliders makes absolutely no sense, if you are using his theory to justify doing so. He has never stated any real reasons for using Primes to make sliders, and Bertrund's theory certainly doesn't answer that question.

Well see it doesnt make sense to you. Bertrand's postulates is highly applicable to permutation groups... and permutation groups are used for the study of symmetries... and I think you and I can both agree, slider settings are based on symmetries... in that one slider definitely has an effect on another when adjusted... they are surely not independent sliders.

Sorry for the run on sentence..

Anyhow permutations are written in cyclic form and applied to combinatorics... which any computer science major will tell you is very important in their field and thus programming.

So before you open your mouth and claim to know what the hell you are talking about.. you should probably go read some books and understand exactly how prime numbers are related to programming....because quite honestly, your previous post about what you think Bertrand's postulate does is a pretty pathetic... and not even close to how it's applied to programming, symmetries, group actions, and bijective mapping.

Obviously most of this stuff is above people's heads including yours.... so before you go busting and questioning number theory applications to programming, you may want to keep your mouth shut.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #110
MVP

And Godz, my apologies if you thought I was trying to hijack your thread. It wasnt my intent and I didnt have a problem with your sliders.. I was just trying to just offer some recommendations on how they could be slighty improved.

Everyone has their ideas, theories and "fixes" for sliders and the game itself. This is just one of my own.

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »