Home

PS2 'Stat Accurate' Sliders

This is a discussion on PS2 'Stat Accurate' Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2007, 05:19 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: PS2 'Stat Accurate' Sliders

Hey guys, thanks for all the great info so far.

KingV2k3, do you think you could post an updated list of the specific slider adjustments you're playing with now, if there have been any adjustments?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:34 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
When you turn off the cone for the CPU it reduces their INTs and increases the comp % of the CPU QB...

Secondly, the sub in / out % makes them play subs on D on long drives and makes the 2nd HB sub in for a few carries...
How much of a difference will that make? Is that a major thing?
Old 08-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #75
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianChexMix
How much of a difference will that make? Is that a major thing?
The CPU's cone affects gameplay in a pretty major way b/c w/o it, the DBs don't 'read' where the QB is going with the ball before it's thrown as often, so it leads to less user picks and a better QB QB passing %...tougher to defend the pass, etc...

The sub in / out thing is a little nitpicky, but that's a realistic setting and since my D rotates out at the end of 10 play drives and leaves me with subs in the redzone at times, then the CPU should have to deal with it as well...

I also like to see them have to sub in a second HB on occasion...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2007, 11:52 AM   #76
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBoy84
Hey guys, thanks for all the great info so far.

KingV2k3, do you think you could post an updated list of the specific slider adjustments you're playing with now, if there have been any adjustments?
Thanks for participating...

I'll try to edit the first page again...hasn't changed much tho...
Old 08-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #77
Rookie

Quote:
The CPU's cone affects gameplay in a pretty major way b/c w/o it, the DBs don't 'read' where the QB is going with the ball before it's thrown as often, so it leads to less user picks and a better QB QB passing %...tougher to defend the pass, etc...

The sub in / out thing is a little nitpicky, but that's a realistic setting and since my D rotates out at the end of 10 play drives and leaves me with subs in the redzone at times, then the CPU should have to deal with it as well...

I also like to see them have to sub in a second HB on occasion...
Played two games and you are right. I noticed less INTs from the QB. I think when I played Eagles I had like 3 INTs and that isn't like McNabb. I'm almost tempted in restarting my franchise (only 5 games) and trying it again. Good work on the updates and let us know if there are any changes.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:26 PM   #78
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianChexMix
Played two games and you are right. I noticed less INTs from the QB. I think when I played Eagles I had like 3 INTs and that isn't like McNabb. I'm almost tempted in restarting my franchise (only 5 games) and trying it again. Good work on the updates and let us know if there are any changes.

Things like the cone and the hit / highlight stick really mess with sim, human vs. CPU gameplay, b/c the features were never implemented correctly...(IMO)

So I just don't use them...the hit stick is the cause of a number of fumbles and the highlight stick makes it too easy to 'bowl over' tacklers...

I updated the first page with a couple very minor tweaks...
Old 08-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 3

I might have to drop my KND slider down one more click to 3 b/c now that I see that the league leader in deflected passes has around 18-22 in simmed seasons, it might make it too easy to get my DBs into the Pro Bowl, otherwise, still playing great. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:13 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Things like the cone and the hit / highlight stick really mess with sim, human vs. CPU gameplay, b/c the features were never implemented correctly...(IMO)

So I just don't use them...the hit stick is the cause of a number of fumbles and the highlight stick makes it too easy to 'bowl over' tacklers...

I updated the first page with a couple very minor tweaks...
I totally see the gameplay difference with QB vision off and whatnot. You are right because highlight stick causes fumbles a lot (which actually ended up being the deciding factor) but with it on there are less INTs. Good gameplay. I am still pissed for losing to the Lions...=/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »