Home

PS2 'Stat Accurate' Sliders

This is a discussion on PS2 'Stat Accurate' Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2007, 08:11 PM   #57
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PS2 'Stat Accurate' Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06
yeah i figure its impossible to do both. but as for CPU getting too many pancakes i really couldnt care less because i only face them a max of 2 times/yr which probably wont have a massive impact, but probably still a big one. but youre right i probably will have too many TFL which will lead to extra pro bowlers. I might turn the Dawr down but for right now i like the way the game plays and havent started a franchise yet so im happy with them for the moment
Good news all around...

If you really want a challenge play with the Browns...

Rookie QB, a power back, and the dreaded 3-4 which Madden has yet to implement correctly...

I did that with the 49ers the last couple years with similar sliders...

Boy, did THAT *earmuffs*
Old 08-22-2007, 08:31 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Good news all around...

If you really want a challenge play with the Browns...

Rookie QB, a power back, and the dreaded 3-4 which Madden has yet to implement correctly...

I did that with the 49ers the last couple years with similar sliders...

Boy, did THAT *earmuffs*
yeah i still cant figure out how the 3-4 is so terrible. you can run for 100yds on it with any back, its terrible
Old 08-22-2007, 08:55 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 9

How many times do you get holding calls? I play the Redskins (2-1 after bye ) and I got at least 5 holding calls per game. It's really annoying at times because I get my first down and it goes back due to holding. Also, what point range do you think Redskins could realistically score? I mean granted I picked up Jeremy Bloom as my KR/PR and an extra TE but I'm sure it wouldn't change much. I need to update the sliders but so far it seems right.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:10 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianChexMix
How many times do you get holding calls? I play the Redskins (2-1 after bye ) and I got at least 5 holding calls per game. It's really annoying at times because I get my first down and it goes back due to holding. Also, what point range do you think Redskins could realistically score? I mean granted I picked up Jeremy Bloom as my KR/PR and an extra TE but I'm sure it wouldn't change much. I need to update the sliders but so far it seems right.
i think it seems like penalties happen all the time cause the game goes so fast compared to an NFL game, but keep in mind the average penalties/game in the NFL is ~6. id say 20pts a game is realistic, thats what most teams score, anywhere between 20-25 since the skins have a potentially good offense
Old 08-22-2007, 09:35 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 9

Against the Giants I got 38 points I think but then again I got a safety and like an INT for TD so thats 9 points which would be 29....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #62
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
The holds are high but they compensate for the other penalties rarely getting called...

Another 'trade off'...

They can be drive killers, for both sides of the ball...

At any rate, you'll probably still have the fewest yards penalized at season's end...

I love playing as the 'Skins, but they don't have a high scoring team...when thry win it's because the D is well built and coached...

They run between the tackles and play ball control 'eat the clock' offence...

Most of your scores for both sides should be in the 10-25 range (on average)...

They don't do 'shootouts' much these days...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 08-22-2007 at 09:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #63
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06
yeah i still cant figure out how the 3-4 is so terrible. you can run for 100yds on it with any back, its terrible
Try stopping the run with it...ugh...
Old 08-22-2007, 09:54 PM   #64
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Against the Giants I got 38 points I think but then again I got a safety and like an INT for TD so thats 9 points which would be 29....
That can happen...

If you're finding it too easy to run (Portis and Betts should be in the 4.0-5.0 range, lower the RBK slider...their line is stellar...

If Campbell is completing more than 60% raise the CPU KND slider one or two...

Remember, this is about season long averages, it's tempting to adjust after every game but I really tend to look at sliders in 4 game blocks...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »