Home

Has anyone tried...

This is a discussion on Has anyone tried... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Has anyone tried...

Has anyone tried to put cpu qb acc at 100 on the All pro level? I am getting sick and tired of seeing Peyton Manning throw three interceptions... just wondering if anyone has tried this, I might have to put everything on Human Defense to 0 and CPU QB acc to 100, anybody try anything like this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Has anyone tried...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick8407123
Has anyone tried to put cpu qb acc at 100 on the All pro level? I am getting sick and tired of seeing Peyton Manning throw three interceptions... just wondering if anyone has tried this, I might have to put everything on Human Defense to 0 and CPU QB acc to 100, anybody try anything like this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Along those same lines...........I am sure that the picks you all are seeing that make you the most frustrated are the ones where the cpu has ALL DAY to throw and then choose a guy that is double covered.

sound familiar?

I have been messing around with the high QBA rating and a combo of PB sliders with the HUM BB sliders (yes I know this ameans adjusting the RBLK as well). I am seeing the QB dump more passes into the flats and making quick reads.....

This is coming with some success but the issue seems to be that if the CPU gets "hot" - you are done.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
Pro

utorde's Arena

Heck no, with it that high they would complete every pass. I have CPU QB at 55 and WR Catch at 60. I then have Human INT at 0 and raised Human Knockdown to 10. Now my defenders actually drop a lot of balls that were INTs when I had my Knockdown at 0. I have a thread in the sliders section where I used a combination of 3 different people's sliders from this site and then changed a few things. It plays great for me now. No more than a couple INTs per team at the most in every one of my games, and sometimes no INTs at all. And neither back ever fumbles more than once per game, if they even fumble at all. Of course on the Human side you need to use the RB button to cover up the ball when you need to and don't be using the special moves all the time when you're in situations where it would cause a fumble. Everyone keeps complaining about this, but the way I have my game setup now turnovers are realistic. I'm sure they need to patch online play since you don't use sliders in online games, but my offline games are perfect as long as I play smart. When I do turnover the ball it is because of my own stupidity.

And one other thing I have noticed a lot when the CPU fumbles. They're really not fumbling that much, it's just bad officiating, cause I have watched many a replay when the CPU fumbles and saw clearly that the player was in fact down before the ball popped out. But the CPU does not call challenges, so that screws up the game. So I have just been challenging the CPU fumbles when it looked like a dad call to me, that way they get the ball back and it is fair. Yeah, I lose a challenge, but at least it is a workaround the problem. They need to patch the game so that the CPU will challenge plays. The only CPU called challenges in the game is booth reviews when under 2 minutes to go in each half. At least that part works.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #4
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Heck no, with it that high they would complete every pass. I have CPU QB at 55 and WR Catch at 60. I then have Human INT at 0 and raised Human Knockdown to 10. Now my defenders actually drop a lot of balls that were INTs when I had my Knockdown at 0. I have a thread in the sliders section where I used a combination of 3 different people's sliders from this site and then changed a few things. It plays great for me now. No more than a couple INTs per team at the most in every one of my games, and sometimes no INTs at all. And neither back ever fumbles more than once per game, if they even fumble at all. Of course on the Human side you need to use the RB button to cover up the ball when you need to and don't be using the special moves all the time when you're in situations where it would cause a fumble. Everyone keeps complaining about this, but the way I have my game setup now turnovers are realistic. I'm sure they need to patch online play since you don't use sliders in online games, but my offline games are perfect as long as I play smart. When I do turnover the ball it is because of my own stupidity.

And one other thing I have noticed a lot when the CPU fumbles. They're really not fumbling that much, it's just bad officiating, cause I have watched many a replay when the CPU fumbles and saw clearly that the player was in fact down before the ball popped out. But the CPU does not call challenges, so that screws up the game. So I have just been challenging the CPU fumbles when it looked like a dad call to me, that way they get the ball back and it is fair. Yeah, I lose a challenge, but at least it is a workaround the problem. They need to patch the game so that the CPU will challenge plays. The only CPU called challenges in the game is booth reviews when under 2 minutes to go in each half. At least that part works.
actually, with the right slider balance (even @ 80-85) - the cpu only still completes around 67-70% of their passes. You would be surprised.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Tried that and 100 for WR Catching. Peyton Manning and other QBs still make stupid passes. It's the stupid madden kind not the acceptable stupid football kind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 03:08 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde

What you could do, and this is just a thought, is that when you see a fumble by the CPU that looks like it should be challenged, just pause and switch your controller to the CPU side and execute the challenge. Once its done, put the controller back to your team.

Make sense?
Old 08-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #7
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
What you could do, and this is just a thought, is that when you see a fumble by the CPU that looks like it should be challenged, just pause and switch your controller to the CPU side and execute the challenge. Once its done, put the controller back to your team.

Make sense?
I do this - 2 games ago I did it twice. Plus the nice thing is that you can view the replay, see it looks iff an then switch the controller and ask for the review. And if you happen to be wrong, it's just is a used timeout, which are never called by the CPU anyway until the end of the game.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #8
MVP

Yep I think that's a pretty easy and straightforward fix for the CPU fumble issue... now only if we can control the CPU INT problem

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »