Home

Turnover/slider question from a prospective Madden 08 buyer

This is a discussion on Turnover/slider question from a prospective Madden 08 buyer within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Turnover/slider question from a prospective Madden 08 buyer

I've perused some of the threads here but haven't found any definitive answer for this question. I'm going to likely be picking up M08 in the next couple days so I want to know if I adjust the appropriate sliders and tone them WAY down will the turnover issue become much less acute? I've been playing APF08 since launch but i'm a franchise guy so i'm pretty much bored with it at this point even though the gameplay is very enjoyable. But for the most part I enjoyed Madden and NCAA 07 on 360 except for a few minor issues so I have no fanboy issues preventing me from getting this game. But if this is something that can't be addressed with simple slider adjustments then I might have to rethink it because I don't have the patience to go in and mess with editing a ton of defensive player ratings. Any info would be appreciated.

Also, one thing I really disliked about Madden 07 was that the challenge system seemed almost broken. You may as well have just flipped a coin because you never knew what ruling you were going to get even if the replay made it completely obvious what the call should be. is the challenge system improved this year?

Thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #2
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Turnover/slider question from a prospective Madden 08 buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
I've perused some of the threads here but haven't found any definitive answer for this question. I'm going to likely be picking up M08 in the next couple days so I want to know if I adjust the appropriate sliders and tone them WAY down will the turnover issue become much less acute? I've been playing APF08 since launch but i'm a franchise guy so i'm pretty much bored with it at this point even though the gameplay is very enjoyable. But for the most part I enjoyed Madden and NCAA 07 on 360 except for a few minor issues so I have no fanboy issues preventing me from getting this game. But if this is something that can't be addressed with simple slider adjustments then I might have to rethink it because I don't have the patience to go in and mess with editing a ton of defensive player ratings. Any info would be appreciated.

Also, one thing I really disliked about Madden 07 was that the challenge system seemed almost broken. You may as well have just flipped a coin because you never knew what ruling you were going to get even if the replay made it completely obvious what the call should be. is the challenge system improved this year?

Thanks guys.

You're going to get mixed replies on this question, sorry. I am very pleased with this game. I adjusted my sliders and now I only turnover the ball when rushing if I misuse the special moves while in traffic or sprint too early, throw INTs if I make a bad choice. The CPU no longer fumbles the ball all the time and no longer throws too many INTs unless I am just making very good play calls, etc. With slider adjustments the defenders are no longer catching every single ball that comes their way. And a lot of times when the CPU is called for a fumble it's not really a fumble, just a bad officiating call, which can be fixed by challenging the play myself, as the CPU does not challenge plays. There are booth reviews under 2 minutes, but other than that the CPU does not challenge plays. That is my only complaint, so I have to challenge the play myself when I feel the CPU got a bad call.

So that leads to your question about the challenge system. It's not broken this year as far as them not overturning calls when you challenge a play. That seems to work pretty good, I have only had one play stand that should have definitely been overturned, but that's not too bad of a ratio as we all know that happens in real life. The only problem I have with the challenge system is what I already mentioned, the CPU never, ever challenges a play other than the booth reviews. So that needs to be patched.

One other problem with challenges that bled over from last year. You still cannot challenge a TD. No matter how much time is left on the clock and regardless if you still have all your challenges and/or timeouts left, if a play resulted in a TD you cannot challenge it. Of course TDs rarely need challenging, at least in my games so far, but there has been 2 TDs scored against me that clearly were not TDs and needed to be challenged.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #3
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz

Thanks guys.
I'll be short and to the point..............
If you enjoy turnover filled games,picking off the cpu sometimes 4-5 times a game,then you'll enjoy this game.
If you look at the main Madden page,you'll see a "sticky thread" that dives into this very BIG problem.
Here's the link **The OFFICIAL Madden 08 Fumbles/Interceptions Thread**

As far as the challenges go.....the cpu never calls them,so to answer your question....yes the challenge system is STILL broken.

In all honesty......I would rent it first,and come to your own conclusion,instead of dropping 60 and being dissatisfied.

**OK,OK.....so it wasn't so short lol**
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 08-28-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #4
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6

Metal I am coming from APF also.

I got madden 2 days ago for franchise and let me just say.

It is a good game BUT the turnover bug is a true GAME KILLER!!!!

I am not being fanboy either, it truly makes me turn the game off and quit playing it. Until this is fixed with a patch I would hold up or just rent it.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #5
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I'll be short and to the point..............
If you enjoy turnover filled games,picking off the cpu sometimes 4-5 times a game,then you'll enjoy this game.
If you look at the main Madden page,you'll see a "sticky thread" that dives into this very BIG problem.
Here's the link **The OFFICIAL Madden 08 Fumbles/Interceptions Thread**

As far as the challenges go.....the cpu never calls them,so to answer your question....yes the challenge system is STILL broken.

In all honesty......I would rent it first,and come to your own conclusion,instead of dropping 60 and being dissatisfied.

**OK,OK.....so it wasn't so short lol**
I second everything written above

sad because it could be a great game........To the guy who said he is getting games w/no turnovers - I plead to him to release these "magical" sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
Banned

Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon10 Re: Turnover/slider question from a prospective Madden 08 buyer

I agree , the rate of turnovers is a game killer ... very well said .. I bought the game the day it hit the stores, I havent gotten through week # 1 yet.. I get so mad I just end up turning it off .. it's stupid .. I played the Chargers VS the Bears, Let fumbled 3 times by halftime and Rivers had 2 picks .. NO WAY ... I was so pissed... Hopefully EA will get a patch for this issue, teh sliders suck too, I just can't get the gameplay like the real deal yet .. I hate it when a LB is hitting my RB 5 yards in the backfield , if your at 3rd and 1 you better not try to run it .. another stupid thing the comp does is if the comp is at the 32 yd line the 1st drive it wont try a FG attempt but on the next drive it will attempt a longer one AND MAKE IT !!!
Just too much stupid **** for me .. the game looks great , if they can fix them few problems this will be a KILLER game ..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »