Home

All pro PS3 sliders from TheMonts-ster

This is a discussion on All pro PS3 sliders from TheMonts-ster within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2007, 07:08 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
All pro PS3 sliders from TheMonts-ster

first of all these are not complete. I am still doing a lot of testing. Mostly I am messing with the balance between QB ACC, KNOCKDOWNS, and WR CATCHING. I have the running game pretty close to where i like it for both teams but everyone plays different. I've been using ask madden as a guideline to mix up plays. here they are. Please tell me what you think and post some stats.

All PRO
9 min quarters
Offsides 75
False Start 70
Defensive PI 79
Clipping 50
all others 100

OFFENSE HUMAN/CPU
QB ACC 54/74
PASS BLOCK 50/48
WR CTCH 50/65 (this is fairly new for both sides - used to be in the 20's)
RB ABIL 59/71
RUN BLOCK 56/94

DEFENSE HUMAN/CPU
AWARENESS 0/53
KNOCKDOWN 100/100 (this is also very new - used to be in the 50's)
INTS 0/0
BREAK BLOCK 45/47
TACKLING 62/77

SPECIAL TEAMS HUMAN/CPU
FG POWER 50/50
FG ACC 10/45
PUNT POWER 50/50
PUNT ACC 20/50
KICKOFF POWER 15/15

i'm very open to criticism and like i said they are not finished so don't expect anything perfect. with tackling a little higher it seems to close gaps a little and make the running game get yards but not bust off many long ones. I was also trying to find balance in the ability to run to the outside or use counters a little more effectively for both teams. I think part of the INT problem is finding the balance between a real pass rush but not letting the qb get so much pressure that he freaks out on every blitz. I'm trying to raise catching after watching a lot of picks happen because the wr just watched the ball go to the CB and didn't even attempt to catch it.

Last edited by ChuckMonts; 08-31-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: All pro PS3 sliders from TheMonts-ster

Do you leave the weapons on or off?
Old 09-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
Pro

i leave them on but some people think turning them off helps with turnovers
Old 09-02-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
All Star

orion523's Arena

I think you may be on to something here...I messed around a little last night and the gameplay felt really good.The only thing I changed was I upped the cpu awareness to 70.When I get a chance to play a full game I'll post the stats.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 24

Turning off weapons does help with the turnovers, I've been using Squint's All-Pro sliders, don't switch on Defense, don't use the sprint button ever, and don't use the hit stick, and am averaging 2-3 turnovers a game combined. These look really good as well, I like the human awareness at 0, I'll have to give them a try. The only thing that scares me is having the knockdown slider at 100. It seems when it's set there, the AI defense reacts to the ball to quickly resulting in too many interceptions.

Last edited by highheatkingsb; 09-02-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheatkingsb
Turning off weapons does help with the turnovers, I've been using Squint's All-Pro sliders, don't switch on Defense, don't use the sprint button ever, and don't use the hit stick, and am averaging 2-3 turnovers a game combined. These look really good as well, I like the human awareness at 0, I'll have to give them a try. The only thing that scares me is having the knockdown slider at 100. It seems when it's set there, the AI defense reacts to the ball to quickly resulting in too many interceptions.
the passing game sliders are still fairly new in my testing. i like to try them at 0 and and 100 and see if it really does what everyone assumes. after messing with the int slider i don't think turning it to zero actually makes them go for less picks. it may do nothing at all because i set the int slider to 100 and the cpu actually threw less picks but it could have just been one off game.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
All Star

orion523's Arena

I played a full game last night Chiefs(me) vs. Texans and lost 21-12 There was 1 turnover the entire game(I threw an int in the red zone).The rushing and passing games were spot on.I was sacked like 9 times but most of them were my fault,it was late and I was holding the ball too long.All around I was very happy.The completion% for both teams were in the low 60's and Amhan Green ran for 125 yards on26 carries against me,while LJ and Priest holmes combined for around the same.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #8
Pro

glad to see you had a good game. after a few more feel free to tell me what you are or would change. i've been tweaking the passing game a little but the tough part is getting it so Qbs can throw bad passes but not get picked

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »