Home

DanSF49 - Madden NFL 08 Team Sliders

This is a discussion on DanSF49 - Madden NFL 08 Team Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2007, 02:13 PM   #9
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: DanSF49 - Madden NFL 08 Team Sliders

Interesting idea, though I don't like the idea of changing these week to week. Have you thought about doing these more based on in-game ratings than NFL real life results?

I always thought that using one slider set did help give you realistic changes week to week based on the player ratings. What I mean is that say you have Pass Acc at 30 and Manning throws at about a 68% percentage, shouldn't the ratings dictate that T. Jackson should complete 55% or less of his passes, generally speaking ok course? I feel that if you play the Colts and jack Manning Pass_Acc slider up to say 70 he will just completely rip you up, worse than the 68% mentioned previously.

I'm certainly not arguing with you, just wondering what your experience is with team sliders as I have never tried it.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Interesting idea, though I don't like the idea of changing these week to week. Have you thought about doing these more based on in-game ratings than NFL real life results?

I always thought that using one slider set did help give you realistic changes week to week based on the player ratings. What I mean is that say you have Pass Acc at 30 and Manning throws at about a 68% percentage, shouldn't the ratings dictate that T. Jackson should complete 55% or less of his passes, generally speaking ok course? I feel that if you play the Colts and jack Manning Pass_Acc slider up to say 70 he will just completely rip you up, worse than the 68% mentioned previously.

I'm certainly not arguing with you, just wondering what your experience is with team sliders as I have never tried it.

I have tried them off of in-game ratings before but the problem is it becomes a disaster trying to keep up with player rating changes and depth chart changes during the season. Thats why I use the NFL Team Stats Leaders and not single player league leaders. With the sliders like this Manning will play like Manning and T.Jackson will play like he is playing now. The thing is if I put the QB Accuracy slider at say 50 everygame, you will not see a big enough difference between say Manning and Jackson. But you will when each of them have a different slider setting.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #11
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSF49
I have tried them off of in-game ratings before but the problem is it becomes a disaster trying to keep up with player rating changes and depth chart changes during the season. Thats why I use the NFL Team Stats Leaders and not single player league leaders. With the sliders like this Manning will play like Manning and T.Jackson will play like he is playing now. The thing is if I put the QB Accuracy slider at say 50 everygame, you will not see a big enough difference between say Manning and Jackson. But you will when each of them have a different slider setting.
Do you think it would work on in-game team ratings? I just don't like the idea of changing it on a week to week basis based on real life weekly performances. The reason I say that is like week 2 Jamal Lewis ran for 250 or whatever yards. Well, let's say he is hurt in your franchise in week two - I noticed that the Browns week 2 RB Ability rating was 70 - that pretty much means that if you play the Browns that week you are getting run over regardless of who the RB is.
What happens if Manning gets hurt in your franchise but in real life week 4 he throws goes for 28/35 450 and 5 TD. Lets say that that translates into a 80 QB ACC, that means that Jim Sorgi is getting that serious bump in QB Accuracy. I imagine that any QB with that high of an accuracy slider would tear you up. Esp since you are playing with the defensive sliders that week for the team that got torched by Manning so those numbers would be bad obviously. It almost feels like a double whammy.
Do you feel that adjusting these sliders this way almost pre-determines the outcome?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 10:02 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

Can anyone upload these in a doc file instead of docx?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:20 PM   #13
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Dan, this is an interesting approach. I had a question, when creating your passblocking average, is there a reason why the fullback isn't included, and runblocking having all players but the QB and RB included?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:03 PM   #14
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I am a little confused. I have your 3 spreadsheets, and I am wondering is the change from week to week determined by the results of your games or the real games? I know this is a stupid question, but humor me. I don't see how the real games would fit into this. I have a disequilibrium somewhere.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:32 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am having trouble opening your files
what should I do ??
I click on the file then it gives me a can not open due to incorrect formatting or something like that.

I am unsure if i should download a conversion tool if so what one? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2007, 02:39 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

Dan,
I cannot open the files with "word" or "Excel" as I think you upload them with 2007 version.
I cannot also download any conversion tool, can you be so kind to upload the files in "Excel" version 2003, so that I, and all the other people here, can finally open the file and use it!
Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »