Home

NJPapi's All Madden Sliders V4.0 (Updated 10/21/07)

This is a discussion on NJPapi's All Madden Sliders V4.0 (Updated 10/21/07) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: NJPapi's All Madden Sliders V4.0 (10/03/07) Final

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Oh I thought you said you got those using my 50 runblck with 60 defensive break block. and I was going to say that seemed insane. Esspecially if you play against a Pitts, Ravens, Patriots, Jags,Vikes Defense.

About the 25 - 55yds thats what a good Pitts Defense should do (realistic) Thats what I was saying about your 0 sliders you can put up 175 on the Patriots 1 game and then get stuffed by the browns the next. I do like the randomness but not against good defenses. I dont care how good you run the ball when you play some top Defenses like the 1's I stated above you should not even come close to 175, or even 100yds. Because good defenses SHOULD hold you to 55yds on 22 carries. (Realisticly) On my run game slider fix they now do so.

The way I fixed the run game is that you will have better blocking yes, BUT if you play a good Defense they will break the blocks quicker stuffing your run. To me its more realistic. You say your a big sim guy and all but you just said if you cant run against the steelers for more than 55 yds your bad at the run game. Well tell that to almost every team who plays the steelers, A sim player knows the steelers dont ever give up a 100 yds rushing so why should you be able to in the game?

Try em out they will not make you run the way you are stating because the break block is at 60, and with the awr at 0 they play faster making harder to run also. And also I am seeing a better passing pocket. Im not sure how seeing I raised CPU break block to 60. But I swear the pass blocking is better now (maybe from the cpu awr being 0 ???)

so let me get this straight... you think that my high yardage comes from me not putting the cpu break block higher.....but my sliders are tougher then yours because i have my run blocking at 0 and the cpu break block at 45 plus the cpu awareness at 10

if i use your set then i would get even more yards because your cpu break block at 65 is not going to stop me when my run blocking is at 50...

The bears and Steelers do stop me... like I said... I average from 85 yards rushign to 125 for the most part.... but there are games that i do go for 175 or so on 30-32 carries but this amount is not per player... i use 2 backs and sometimes i run with the qb...

if i was to use your set then i would just run the ball on the cpu all day because they have 0 awareness and i have 50 run blocking

trust me when i tell you that my set gives me the challenge.... You get your challenge from your set and that is cool.. is all based on skill level...

P.S I also have my rb ability at 45.... how much lower you want me to go on run game sliders in order for you to beleive me that the run game is to easy in All Madden or any level for that matter.

Lets just end it here because there is no need to even debate this... I have my challeng from mine and you get your challenge from yours... Why cant you just live with your new found success..

Last edited by NewJerseyPapi1977; 10-12-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #34
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

These are pretty damn good sliders. They would be better if I didn't suck. This is no doubt a challenge.

I started a dynasty with the Titans and in year 1 I was playing the Buccaneers and got my *** kicked. The score was like 35-3 at the half because Cadillac Williams is way too fast. I don't get how he can be that fast in this game. That is one thing I don't like about Madden is how fast it is. If they made it like NCAA's speed and they kept the smoothness that Madden has this game would be awesome. I just think that guys are way too fast in this game.

Another thing is the CPU rarely ever throws an incomplete pass. When I do stop them it's because I stop the reciever short of the first down. The thing is though I'm not a guy who knows how to play defense meaning I don't know how to choos the correct plays because I don't know what they are or what they do. I wish I did but I don't have background in that part of football partially because I didn't play football as a kid or right now in high school.

If anyone can help me out that would be great!
Old 10-13-2007, 06:06 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
These are pretty damn good sliders. They would be better if I didn't suck. This is no doubt a challenge.

I started a dynasty with the Titans and in year 1 I was playing the Buccaneers and got my *** kicked. The score was like 35-3 at the half because Cadillac Williams is way too fast. I don't get how he can be that fast in this game. That is one thing I don't like about Madden is how fast it is. If they made it like NCAA's speed and they kept the smoothness that Madden has this game would be awesome. I just think that guys are way too fast in this game.

Another thing is the CPU rarely ever throws an incomplete pass. When I do stop them it's because I stop the reciever short of the first down. The thing is though I'm not a guy who knows how to play defense meaning I don't know how to choos the correct plays because I don't know what they are or what they do. I wish I did but I don't have background in that part of football partially because I didn't play football as a kid or right now in high school.

If bums like rex grossman is having over 65% passing on you might have to lower the CPU acc. (only move 5 points per game)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2007, 08:30 PM   #36
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
If bums like rex grossman is having over 65% passing on you might have to lower the CPU acc. (only move 5 points per game)
Well I played against Garrard for the Jags and Garcia for the Buccaneers and they absolutely tore me up other than the fact that the Buccaneers totally killed me on running as Caddillac was way too fast.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:39 AM   #37
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33

I will give you some small basics to help ya. Nothing in depth.

Cover 1 in general = Stopping running plays and short passes
Cover 2 in general = Stopping the shorter passes
Cover 3 in general = Stopping the medium to long pass
Cover 4 in general = Stopping the deep ball
Spy = Watchs the QB
Blitzs = sends a defense man after the QB, (may go for HB if handoff is early enough)
Zone = Each man has a area to defend.
Man = They defend their own man

4-3 = Good standard base defense, solid against the run. Only so so against pass. Good for offense sets with only 2 WRs
3-4 = Same basic thing as 4-3 but is weaker against inside runs. Postives they can send heat for the QB at many different gaps.
Nickle = Good for 3 WR sets. Better against the pass, weaker against the run because of the loss of a LB
Dime = Great for 3 or 4 WR sets. Good against pass. Bad against run. Not a run stopping defense.

General rules
-Pick your play AFTER the offense so you can see what kind of set they are coming out in. Then pick your play on that. Example......If the offense comes out on 1st down in a 2 WR set, then I normally come out in a 4-3 cover 1.

-Don't blitz down after down. Play to force short yards down after down. This will result in mistakes down the road. Always play to never give up the big play.

-
Old 10-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

NJ, tremendous sliders, my friend. I just played my first game with them and it was by far the most realistic game of the nearly 200 I have played of Madden 08 thus far. A few statistical notes... I rushed for 4.3 YPC with Carnell Williams, for 91 rushing yards, rushed for 20 yards with Jeff Garcia and 7 with Mike Alstott on 3 carries. I threw for 160 passing yards on 29 attempts, with 0 TD and 3 INT. At least 1 of the INT was just a poor decision on my part on a pass I could have completed previously but now cannot. I did, however, only complete 54% of my passes... do you have any suggestions, tips, hints, etc. for getting the ball to wideouts under your slider set; or does anyone have suggestions for that matter??

Tremendous job, again. Thank you for your efforts.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:10 AM   #39
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigh0rt
NJ, tremendous sliders, my friend. I just played my first game with them and it was by far the most realistic game of the nearly 200 I have played of Madden 08 thus far. A few statistical notes... I rushed for 4.3 YPC with Carnell Williams, for 91 rushing yards, rushed for 20 yards with Jeff Garcia and 7 with Mike Alstott on 3 carries. I threw for 160 passing yards on 29 attempts, with 0 TD and 3 INT. At least 1 of the INT was just a poor decision on my part on a pass I could have completed previously but now cannot. I did, however, only complete 54% of my passes... do you have any suggestions, tips, hints, etc. for getting the ball to wideouts under your slider set; or does anyone have suggestions for that matter??

Tremendous job, again. Thank you for your efforts.
I find if you can pass on default it will be easier to pass on these. You get a slight more space between your wideouts and corners. Depending on who you going against of course. But with the CPU awarness at 10 it gives you slightly more space. Plus 54% is realistic vs a decent pass defense.

Only thing I can suggest is practice more on passing. making pre-snap reads is key. Once you have your first read then progress to your second or thrid is key.

Off the snap I read MAN or ZONE. this gives me a idea for my HB coming out the backfield if I get in trouble or the blitz is on me right after the snap. Dumping to the backfield is a easy way to soften up the blitz. Once you can get them from sending the heat play after play then you should be able to buy some time to make some downfield read/throws.

Example: Say you are running a 5 yard out route and it looks man up. You hike the ball and sure enough it is man cover 2. Your out route WILL be open if he is on a adverage corner. Right as he plants to make his cut throw the ball leading him LOW. Don't listen to all the jetpack BS. It is good for corner/post routes. But to catch your wideout in stride and where the DB can't get to the ball. Place it LOW and leading the wideout. On default the corner will cut at the very second the wideout does. With awarness at 10 he will cut a split second AFTER the wideout given you just enough space to complete the pass. Now if you run this same route into Cover 2 soft. You are asking for a pick cause the Corner will jump the route.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:51 PM   #40
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I tried some of Papi's earlier sliders, and they didn't work for me. At all. Maybe I'm a little better now, but these work fantastic for me. I can run the ball, throw the ball (pretty easily if I get into a good rhythm), and play solid defense against the pass and the run. And my last game had just 3 total turnover (just two fumbles, one lost - that is actually below NFL average for a game! - nice!). Great job with these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »