Home

NJPapi's Post Patch All Madden Sliders V1.0

This is a discussion on NJPapi's Post Patch All Madden Sliders V1.0 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2007, 07:21 PM   #73
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NJPapi's Post Patch All Madden Sliders V1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyPapi1977
You must hard count when doing the straight play action... if you notice the cpu does not jump the first time then it will allow better protection... if they jump on the first hard count then you know that you would have been sacked... always hard count on play action.....and if you notice the defense stacking up for the run then dont play action and just audible to the roll out play action...

you can see the defenders running up towards the line when they are coming so hard count... it works wonders.. you might get 2 or 3 off sides on the defense but they will eventually stop jumping counts and allows you to do a simple drop back play action
Cool....thanks for the info.
I do alot of hardcounts,I just can't remember if I do them on the straight pa.lol
I do know...sometimes to change up the snap I will "quick snap" ...and not allow the defense to get properly set.
This seems to work at times also.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMonts
I've been doing a lot more fake snaps and now it seems like I will never get called for a false start but I get every team to jump at least 6 times and I vividly remember Taylor jumping a ton. Maybe false start back up a little would help so I don't do it to much.

you can try that but to me madden needs to remove the jump the snap feature which is dumb... it is not implemented well.....the cpu might jump a lot when you hard count but trust me it will save you from getting sacked fast and getting your runners stuffed right after the snap

it seems the cpu has spurts wher they jump the snap lik 5 straight plays but if you get them called for false starts then they will stop....
Old 12-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 8

I just hate it cause it feels like an unfair advantage for me but I understand what you are saying. I still haven't gotten any false starts though and it seems like I should be getting them occasionally
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 6

Ya I find throwing in hard counts works wonders for keeping the defense honest.

If only I could get my secondary to open their eyes and cover something I might be able to win a game.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:00 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 8

I used to have the same problem and I did a few things to help me out. I blitzed less so they had less opportunities to make that quick read and hit it fast. Then I started calling more plays that cover the short routes. Basically if I run man I only want one deep safety not two and if I run zone I want 3 or less deep. From then on I watch if they prefer the flats, middle, deep outside, or deep inside. Some teams really seems to pass to the flats and the middle a lot so I will start to run a lot of man. Also a mixture of occasional blitzes and some press can work wonders.

Don't get me wrong I don't claim to have it mastered but I can contain the passing game much better. I play most of my games with the lions and their piss poor secondary so I like to blame it mostly on them lol.

Last edited by ChuckMonts; 12-02-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #78
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Yes hard counting on play action is key. I usually hit Miller a lot with PA for good yardage. Some of the best routes are on PA plays for the Steelers

As for stopping the pass, yes it can be frustrating, especially when they keep throwing off their back foot. The key for me is really to just shut down the run and get those 3rd and longs and hope you call a good nickel or dime play
Old 12-03-2007, 07:23 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Yes hard counting on play action is key. I usually hit Miller a lot with PA for good yardage. Some of the best routes are on PA plays for the Steelers

As for stopping the pass, yes it can be frustrating, especially when they keep throwing off their back foot. The key for me is really to just shut down the run and get those 3rd and longs and hope you call a good nickel or dime play

Unfortunately the backfoot passing has to be accepted with my cpu qb accuracy that high... if any lower then the cpu does not throw on the money on their backfoot but they throw picks left and right... so i dont mind the backfoot passing.... i just play defense and live with it... but is not as bad as it might seem
Old 12-03-2007, 05:04 PM   #80
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I've played three games with these, (all Jags (me) vs. Titans). The only changes I made were I raised hum run block to 5 and qb accuracy to 52. There were just too many times that my feet would be set, no pressure in my face, and my throw would be 5-7 yds off target (this led to 2 ints in one of the games). The last game was the best, I lost because of turnovers. I had 5 turnovers, 2 ints, 5 fumbles (3 lost). David Garrard fumbled three times (2 lost). But I held VY down (180 yds passing). I lost by 20, but the Titans scored 2 tds of ints. One of the ints was me trying to throw a corner route to Mercedes Lewis when he was covered by a much faster saftey, and another that bounced high off the hands of my reciever into a corner's hands. Both were good ints. Neither one was a good throw (one a bad decision, the other too high). But I like the sliders. Great work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »