Home

NJPapi's Post Patch All Madden Sliders V1.0

This is a discussion on NJPapi's Post Patch All Madden Sliders V1.0 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2007, 02:06 PM   #33
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NJPapi's Post Patch All Madden Sliders V1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyPapi1977
I am wondering how you guys like the cpu pass game... One of the biggest issues is that the cpu throws to many picks.. Especially in man to man situations... That is why i have to raise the cpu accuracy and pass blocking to make the cpu qb a bit smarter... I am having success but some tell me that they cant stop the cpu pass game....

Let me know... So far I am loving the set
I can only give impressions from my game with the Eagles....as that's the only one I've played so far lol.
It didn't seem bad...Mcnabb was 13 of 18 for 170 some yards.....the only problem I had,was they converted every 3rd down. The ones they didn't convert were scores.
I never even seen the punter for the Eagles lol.....but like I said,it's only one game,so I'll have to see how it fares against a lesser team.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-01-2007, 02:14 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 3

ok just keep reporting and play with diff teams.... teams that you are not use to using... I am seeing great results from the cpu pass game... I am not able to pick them off with ease now... I do but at a realistic rate and with good pressure they throw bad passes to the ground.... I am real happy with the gameplay right now
Old 12-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 6

^^^ I noticed the same thing as well against a couple of different teams (good and bad).

It was very hard to get their punter on the field (especially at a point where you actually have a chance of returning the ball). Only time I could ever get a punter out was about 2 or so times a game when they were passing midfield.

This post was in reference to CowherPower's post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #36
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

play these on all-pro much better game.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #37
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge380
play these on all-pro much better game.
You can't really take All-Madden sliders and transfer them directly to all-pro. It would make them WAY too easy.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:41 PM   #38
Banned

No offense but if you cant dominate all pro with any type of sliders then you have no business playing all madden with any slider set
Old 12-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyPapi1977
I am glad you guys like the sliders.... The only backs that I have issues with are power backs because they break tackles... Therefore I play a lo of containment on them and make sure that you gang tackle and not just go for big hits

I am wondering how you guys like the cpu pass game... One of the biggest issues is that the cpu throws to many picks.. Especially in man to man situations... That is why i have to raise the cpu accuracy and pass blocking to make the cpu qb a bit smarter... I am having success but some tell me that they cant stop the cpu pass game....

Let me know... So far I am loving the set
Tried out your sliders and can see why everyone that has seems to like them. I am having some problems though that I believe I can take care of by tweaking some of your sliders.

I've never played on All-Madden before, only All-pro. What can I say? I'm old enough to have played pong when I was in high school so my reaction times are not what they used to be.

The great thing is the cpu didn't throw any picks in my one game (Rams-me vs Chiefs-cpu) with these sliders. The bad is I couldn't stop them from passing the ball but I was able to so a realistic job against the run. Larry Johnson was great and got his yards and I was able to bring him down some too. The problem was Huard was a combo of Elway and Montana :embarrassed: I also had a very tough time moving the ball through the air, probably due to my first time playing on A-M.

Not sure how you play but when on def I only play as a DE and let everyone else take care of their assignments. I'm guessing you switch to db's etc when a pass is in the air and so have a better chance of defending passes. I want to "fix" my shortcomings while not turning the cpu back into a turnover machine.

My first thought was to lower the cpu def awareness to 50 to help my passing game and raise D-awareness to 50 giving me a little more stopping power. I did this at half time with some effect. Still had trouble both stopping and moving the ball, but then after a few games on A-M I hope to improve. Once I feel I'm getting a handle on A-M then I plan on moving the sliders back to your settings.

Any thoughts on whether I'm on the right track by simply playing with the def awareness sliders for both sides? As for me moving the ball I think that will come with game time. I really hate to tweak anything else as the cpu offense played a very good game. I'd just like my def to be able to hang with them a little better against the pass without me having to take control of the db's.

Thoughts?
Old 12-01-2007, 03:03 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
Tried out your sliders and can see why everyone that has seems to like them. I am having some problems though that I believe I can take care of by tweaking some of your sliders.

I've never played on All-Madden before, only All-pro. What can I say? I'm old enough to have played pong when I was in high school so my reaction times are not what they used to be.

The great thing is the cpu didn't throw any picks in my one game (Rams-me vs Chiefs-cpu) with these sliders. The bad is I couldn't stop them from passing the ball but I was able to so a realistic job against the run. Larry Johnson was great and got his yards and I was able to bring him down some too. The problem was Huard was a combo of Elway and Montana :embarrassed: I also had a very tough time moving the ball through the air, probably due to my first time playing on A-M.

Not sure how you play but when on def I only play as a DE and let everyone else take care of their assignments. I'm guessing you switch to db's etc when a pass is in the air and so have a better chance of defending passes. I want to "fix" my shortcomings while not turning the cpu back into a turnover machine.

My first thought was to lower the cpu def awareness to 50 to help my passing game and raise D-awareness to 50 giving me a little more stopping power. I did this at half time with some effect. Still had trouble both stopping and moving the ball, but then after a few games on A-M I hope to improve. Once I feel I'm getting a handle on A-M then I plan on moving the sliders back to your settings.

Any thoughts on whether I'm on the right track by simply playing with the def awareness sliders for both sides? As for me moving the ball I think that will come with game time. I really hate to tweak anything else as the cpu offense played a very good game. I'd just like my def to be able to hang with them a little better against the pass without me having to take control of the db's.

Thoughts?

Well if this is your first time then I suggest you just practice a lot... when i first started on all madden i was getting killed.... but now i get complete sim games

I do not advise to raise the human defense to 50 from 0 because it will make stopping the run and pass to easy... stopping the pass in terms of picking off passes because the defense reacts to well to anything the cpu does... the biggest problem is that the cpu never throws over the top.. they throw a lot curls and out patterns which are easy to pick off.... but i can assure you that the more man to man defense you play the easier it will be to stop the passing game without picks

What I like to do is use the nickel back and play bump on the receivers... then use the left bumper when the ball is snapped and you will engaged the receiver in a jam... it seems that the slot receiver is the cpu's most important weapon... if you throw the timing off then you will see huge results... if you play zone defense you wont get beat deep but it will be hard as heck to stop the cpu on 3rd downs because the receivers are given a zone to work their short routes

I already have the cpu awareness at 50 so I am not sure what you are referring to

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »