Home

CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

This is a discussion on CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2007, 10:25 PM   #9
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: CowherPowers adjusted awr sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
OK,I just finished a great game vs. Chicago.With just over a minute left the Eagles had a 25-17 lead but Chicago was driving.With 24 seconds left Rexy hit Adrian Peterson across the middle to the Eagles 32 where he was blasted by 3 Eagles and fumbled.Darren Howard recovered sealing the win for the Birds who are now 4-2 on the season.Both teams struggled offensively here's the stats. Rex Grossman was 17 for 31 for 289 yards 1TD and 3 int's Mcnabb had a hard time going 14 for 22 for 113 yards and an int.Cedric Benson had 16 carries for 50 yards and a TD.(more on this later) Brian Westbrook carried the Eagles with 24 carries for 123 yards and a TD.LJ Smith and Reggie Brown each had 3 catches for 46 and 36 yards respectively.Rashied Davis led all Bears receivers with 4 catches for 74 yards.The CPU run game needed a boost so at halftime I moved the sliders giving CPU RB ability 65 and CPU run blocking 68.Once I did that the Bears had a good running game going so I'll keep it at that set.
Thanks for the input.....I'm going to be looking at the cpu running game.
I don't want to mess with hum awareness,as I feel it's just about there.

I'll start with your #'s for the cpu running setup,and go from there.

Imo....it looks promising, Sexy Rexy is known for giving gifts of the interception.
Out of curiosity.....when these picks occured,did you happen to check the replays? I was just wondering if they were due to Grossman's decision making,or did you see anything out of the ordinary.

Again....thanks for the input.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 AM   #10
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Ok.....
I feel pretty confident in these now.
I made a couple of changes thanks to Orion..which I edited in my first post highlighted in red. Those changes I feel were the ticket.

I just finished up my pre-season game against Philly,which saw the Steelers rally to win 24-17.
The Eagles held a 14-10 halftime lead,but after receiving the kickoff to begin the 3rd,Batch methodically marched the offense down the field for the go ahead td...Pitt would never trail again.
The drive consumed 13 plays and all but 1:32 of the 3rd quarter. The only Eagles possession of the 3rd resulted in a 3 and out.

The Eagles would make it interesting after Pittsburgh went ahead 24-14 on a 37 yard fg,to make the score 24-17.
On the ensuing kickoff however,Pittsburgh ran out the last 4:20,sealing the victory.

Some stats for ya....
McNabb 11-17 for 87yards 2 td's and 1 pick
Feeley 5-8 for 33yards 0 td's and 0 picks

Westbrook had 8att for 55yards 6.8 avg
Buckhalter 4att for 17 yards 4.2 avg.

The strange thing about this game? Philly abandoned the run in the second half....Westbrook and Buckhalter only had one more carry each in the 2nd half..bringing their totals for the game to......
Westbrook 9att for 61 yards and a 6.7 avg while Buckhalter finished the game with 5 att for 24 yards and a 4.8 avg.

Pittsburgh controlled the t.o.p with 20:27, while Philly only had the ball for 11:37.

I think I'm going to be sticking with these...unless some strange things start to occur lol.

Again...thanks for Orion for the suggestion for the cpu running...and a very BIG thank you to Squint for coming up with these in the first place..great job.
I also appreciate the feedback and testing done by Highheat.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 12-17-2007, 06:31 AM   #11
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Grossman's int's were just bad decisions,the usual for him.I've been on a run playing bad offensive teams in my franchise and next up is Minnesota,at least we'll get a good look at the cpu run game.BTW,I'm also playing 8 min qtrs and wondering if I should go to 9.On defense I play a no switch,using a d-lineman.I'll keep posting stats as I go along
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2007, 10:02 AM   #12
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

What a game! It was a struggle all day for the Eagles who fell to Minnesota 20-16.I could get no running game going,and I couldn't stop P.eterson.The last slider change I'm going to make is upping CPU accuracy to 69-70 and thats it.Here's the stats. McNabb was 19 for 35 for 201 yards 1TD 1int Tavaris Jackson was 14 for 28 for 103 yards 1Td 3int's. Brian Westbrook had 16 carries for a measley 35 yards. Peterson had 22 carries for 122 yards T Jackson and C Taylor also chipped in with 46 yards on 13 carries and a td.kevin Curtis was the lone receiver of consequence with 91 yards and a TD on 4 catches.I also moved the game up to 9 min. quarters
Old 12-17-2007, 10:33 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

CowherPowers,

You have CPU QB Accuracy bellow 50? They aren't throwing lots of INTs?
Old 12-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

Alright I just tried a game. I used the main sldiers (but with orion's adjustments to knockdowns etc.). I was losing to the Patriots with the Redskins by more than 50 points. I quit in the 4th quarter because I clearly need to make some adjustments.

I need to adjust for my suckyness, b/c J. Campbell was 9/32 with 8 INTs

Brady was 23/33 with 2 INTs. I hope that INT number doesnt get too much higher than that.

I'm going to lower CPU knockdowns and raise human QB accuracy. Then I need to play again to see if the human running game and CPU passing game need to be adjusted.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:37 PM   #15
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Grossman's int's were just bad decisions,the usual for him.I've been on a run playing bad offensive teams in my franchise and next up is Minnesota,at least we'll get a good look at the cpu run game.BTW,I'm also playing 8 min qtrs and wondering if I should go to 9.On defense I play a no switch,using a d-lineman.I'll keep posting stats as I go along
Orion,
I have been thinking of upping the minutes to either 9 or 10. When I played the Eagles....I mean it is possible for Pitt to use the clock,but I'm just not sure THAT much lol.....I'm not completely sold on bumping up the time yet,as I've gotten pretty good results so far....still debating though.

I also play a "no switch" defense....unless I panic.

Scratch this last part....I missed you earlier post

If you don't mind....what did you say you are using for cpu qb acc?
I still use 46,and am liking the variety I'm seeing so far between starters and 2nd stringers.
I was just curious as to what you're using.
Quote:

Last edited by Kramer5150; 12-17-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #16
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
What a game! It was a struggle all day for the Eagles who fell to Minnesota 20-16.I could get no running game going,and I couldn't stop P.eterson.The last slider change I'm going to make is upping CPU accuracy to 69-70 and thats it.Here's the stats. McNabb was 19 for 35 for 201 yards 1TD 1int Tavaris Jackson was 14 for 28 for 103 yards 1Td 3int's. Brian Westbrook had 16 carries for a measley 35 yards. Peterson had 22 carries for 122 yards T Jackson and C Taylor also chipped in with 46 yards on 13 carries and a td.kevin Curtis was the lone receiver of consequence with 91 yards and a TD on 4 catches.I also moved the game up to 9 min. quarters
Sounded like a helluva game lol.
I would however be careful with raising the cpu's qb acc. I feel (imo) if raised to high there won't be enough variation between starters and 2nd stringers.
If anything...I would think that maybe a couple of bumps to cpu's wr catch would help some,as they would be more prone to fight for the ball and hold on more in alot of instances.

How does your defense feel? are you seeing them react in a more realistic manner? The game I played last night against the Eagles,I would replay alot of plays,and I noticed my defense would react as they should....now did they break up every play? nope....but that's what I expected.

It was nice however to watch the lb's when Mcnabb would pa....talk about biting hard lol....then after realizing it was a pass,it was to late and they weren't able to recover.
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »