Home

NJPapi's All Madden Post Patch Sliders V3.0 (Final)

This is a discussion on NJPapi's All Madden Post Patch Sliders V3.0 (Final) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #41
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: NJPapi's All Madden Post Patch Sliders V3.0 (Final)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
It could very well be that I haven't played all madden all that much and I need to adjust my play calling.But this is the way to go no doubt about it.The turnover problem does not exist with these sliders
Tell me about it, it's such a relief. If only I could run the ball better. I'm having issues with that, but I'm sure that will come with time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2007, 06:31 PM   #42
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm thinking I need to up my user skills...a lot. I've been playing just as the D-Lineman for as long as I can remember, and that doesn't seem to be an option this year as I'm giving up over 75% completion to the CPU on all levels with all sliders. What's the best way to defend against the pass? Playing as a safety and just trying to swat everything? Is there a certain trick to switching to the closest defender in order to swat at passes? Should I be doing the mini games/drills to improve on this? I'm desperately trying to get better at this game and dammit it's hard! Thanks
Old 12-27-2007, 09:04 PM   #43
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

HighHeat,I'm also having a little trouble running the ball but nothing major,the snap jumping is a problem but drawing them offsides seems to curb this some.That is one feature they should axe from the game IMO.The rate at which the cpu does it is totally unrealistic and it almost forces you to cheese it up and draw them offsides
Old 12-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #44
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
HighHeat,I'm also having a little trouble running the ball but nothing major,the snap jumping is a problem but drawing them offsides seems to curb this some.That is one feature they should axe from the game IMO.The rate at which the cpu does it is totally unrealistic and it almost forces you to cheese it up and draw them offsides
It seems it's best not to hit the speed button until you are through the hole. I have problems with that, as when you see a hole, I just want to sprint through it. It's tough, but I'm sure the more we play, the better it will get. There's no way I'm going back to All-Pro, so I'll deal with it. I'm also only playing in Pre-Season right now. Once the regular season starts, I'm getting 3.0+ a carry on most runs from T. Henry, so hopefully that holds up. I think the break block for the CPU might need to come down, in my last game they had 11 tackles for losses on me.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 3

I highly suggest that you guys dont use the sprint button at all... Forget about it completely....If you can get good at deciding when to use it then go back to it and only when you are in the clear...

If you use the sprint button then sliders mean nothing in ALL Madden because the cpu reacts quicker to match your speed with the sprint button. At first it will be tough but trust me the more you play and not use it the better it will get for you.

Also if you drop back to pass and not use the sprint to drop back a bit further then the cpu will not jump the snap as often and if they do they wont get through as easy.

I always let the qb drop back as far as the play intends it for.. I dont press down at all...

Also if you are throwing crossing routes then is important that you dont use the sprint with the qb and just step up in the pocket and you will see the receiver get seperatio from linebackers.

I also suggest not to lower the break block anymore then what I have it at because it will make the run game to easy. Sure you might not get stopped as often for loses but you will then conter it with easy gaping holes that will lead to your back having a 3 yard game then a 30 yard game and then a 15 yard game.. The point of the sim experience is to get 3-5 yards a pop with the rare occasional huge gain.

This not only helps provide great stats for the rb but also for the defense in terms of tackles and it keeps the clock running so scores dont get to high.

Use the hard count when you run and that should help stop the cpu from tackling you in the backfield to much

If they jump to much the lower it to 2-3

I am pissed that my season is gone because I play every game on the nfl schedule and I was up to week 6 but by mistake I saved my friends season which he just started over mine..

Now I will just wait to the new rosters are out to start my new one

For now I will continue to play a fake franchise to test the sliders further

Last edited by NewJerseyPapi1977; 12-28-2007 at 12:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2007, 09:54 PM   #46
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyPapi1977
I highly suggest that you guys dont use the spring button at all... Forget about it completely....If you can get good at deciding when to use it then go back to it and only when you are in the clear...

If you use the sprint button then sliders mean nothing in ALL Madden because the cpu reacts quicker to match your speed with the sprint button. At first it will be tough but trust me the more you play and not use it the better it will get for you.

Also if you drop back to pass and not use the sprint to drop back a bit further then the cpu will not jump the snap as often and if they do they wont get through as easy.

I always let the qb drop back as far as the play intends it for.. I dont press down at all...

Also if you are throwing crossing routes then is important that you dont use the sprint with the qb and just step up in the pocket and you will see the receiver get seperatio from linebackers.

I also suggest not to lower the break block anymore then what I have it at because it will make the run game to easy. Sure you might not get stopped as often for loses but you will then conter it with easy gaping holes that will lead to your back having a 3 yard game then a 30 yard game and then a 15 yard game.. The point of the sim experience is to get 3-5 yards a pop with the rare occasional huge gain.

This not only helps provide great stats for the rb but also for the defense in terms of tackles and it keeps the clock running so scores dont get to high.

Use the hard count when you run and that should help stop the cpu from tackling you in the backfield to much

If they jump to much the lower it to 2-3

I am pissed that my season is gone because I play every game on the nfl schedule and I was up to week 6 but by mistake I saved my friends season which he just started over mine..

Now I will just wait to the new rosters are out to start my new one

For now I will continue to play a fake franchise to test the sliders further
Thanks for the tips Papi, I will try what you said. I don't use the sprint at all on defense, so I need to just teach myself not to use it with the RB as well. It's tough though when you see that hole, it's so easy to get ahead of myself and push it.

Interesting tip on the QB, I didn't realize that. Sorry to hear about your season. Thanks again for all your hard work on the sliders.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

What do you mean when you say "spring button?"
Old 12-28-2007, 11:05 AM   #48
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamitchelljr
What do you mean when you say "spring button?"

It's just a typo - sprint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »