Home

HighHeat,CowerPower and other no switchers

This is a discussion on HighHeat,CowerPower and other no switchers within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2007, 12:44 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: HighHeat,CowerPower and other no switchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by erich20012001
Noob Question, what is the no switch rule?
Pick one player on defense and never switch, for anything. Let your AI players play their positions. (tacking, coverage, etc...)
Old 12-30-2007, 01:22 AM   #34
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

I definitely gonna try the exact sliders you posted next game I play.We will get this right.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:25 AM   #35
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I definitely gonna try the exact sliders you posted next game I play.We will get this right.
I posted another thread for mine, I'll still come back here and check how you are all doing though. I upped the AI running ability to 65, as the 100 awareness seems to tone it down for the CPU running a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2007, 01:38 AM   #36
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheatkingsb
I posted another thread for mine, I'll still come back here and check how you are all doing though. I upped the AI running ability to 65, as the 100 awareness seems to tone it down for the CPU running a little.
well i just played with your set so i´m going to post results on your thread.

I´ll still keep comming back here though.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:47 AM   #37
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Ok my fellow Madden mad guru's...lol.
I just completed my 2 games (only played 1st half's,since they were preseason)

here are the sliders I used for this,as well as an explanation on one VERY important setting.

All-Madden 9 min's weapons are your choice

Offense
H/C
48/45
100/95
90/50
48/60
0/83

Defense
H/C
50/25
100/80
*1 (will explain)/0
45/25
100/48

*The reason I marked this....is because reading over at dsm,this cat found something interesting (sorry..but I forgot his name)...if you 0 out a slider,have you ever noticed the "clicking" sounds? but yet it's supposedly at 0? Well I tried this for the int slider...I 0'ed it completely out,backed out of the slider menu...then went back in,and went to the int slider....I then moved it just 1 click...and that mofo shot clear up to roughly 5 clicks from full...so I left it at that.
Below are the stats from my last 2 first halves of preseason action.
First the Washington game
Campbell 5-9 42yds 1int
Big Ben 6-12 41yds 3int's.....I really hate their secondary lol...

Portis 13att for 47yds with a 3.6avg
Parker 12att for 96yds 2td's with a 8.0avg.
This game was actually pretty close..at halftime Pittsburgh held a 17-10 lead. Then I supersimmed lol lol....what a mess,the final was Pitt40 Wash38.

My next game was against Philly.....
McNabb was 7-10 for 33yds 1td and 0int's
Big Ben was 14-16 for 149yds 0td and 2int's....both of which were returned for td's....by...Dawkins..I hate him too lol.

Westbrook had 6att for 13yds with a 2.1 avg
Willie 13 att for 38yds 1td with a 2.9 avg.
Again...this was actually a close game at 14-14...until Ben wanted to get generous lol....halftime score Phi-28 Pitt 14.
I even controlled the t.o.p in this one 12:45 to 5:18...but Ben's generosity..led to Philly taking the big halftime lead.

Then the supersim.....the final?? Pitt59! Philly 52!...That is some crazy...."you know what" there.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 12-30-2007, 08:13 AM   #38
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

After seeing Cowerpower and Highheat's games and sliders.I crunched the #'s and came up with a middle ground.We'll see how that goes.I think we're all in agreement with special teams,penalties and subs so I'll ignore them for now.

Offense
QB accuracy 48/45
Pass Block 100/95
WR Catching 90/30
RB ability 60/65
Run Block 70/100

Defense

Awareness 70/25
knockdowns 100/80
int's 1/0
break block 35/25
tackling 100/48

Last edited by orion523; 12-30-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #39
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
After seeing Cowerpower and Highheat's games and sliders.I crunched the #'s and came up with a middle ground.We'll see how that goes.I think we're all in agreement with special teams,penalties and subs so I'll ignore them for now.

Offense
QB accuracy 48/45
Pass Block 100/95
WR Catching 90/30
RB ability 60/65
Run Block 70/100

Defense

Awareness 70/25
knockdowns 100/80
int's 1/0
break block 35/25
tackling 100/48
I'll play a game now, and see how it goes. We are getting really close though to having this as good as it can be. I'll post stats when I'm done. What I'm really looking at is the tacking on my end. I want to see the d-lineman get more tackles without it hurting the CPU run game. If we can get d-lineman/linebackers with the same amount of tackles per game and keep a good CPU average, I'll be happy. How are you at running the ball with the 60/70 for human? I'm scared that I'll destroy them on the ground, but we'll see. I really think you need to lower the AI WR catch though. Even at 0, they don't drop to much unless you hit them hard.

The sliders look great Orion, I'm only thinking of changing my awareness back to 100 and AI WR Catch back to 1, as like you all, I hate setting anything to 0. But I'll give your set a run just as it is.

I'll be playing Broncos(me) at Jaguars(cpu), 10 minute quarters using my house rules.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:12 AM   #40
All Star

Dang Orion, these are really good. I'm almost at halftime and am really impressed thus far. Scratch what I said about the Human Awareness and CPU WR Catch in my last post. So far, I've seen two drops already after hits by the CPU. Another one was ruled a fumble that was questionable. I was scared my first defensive play, D. Bly picked off Gerrard, but since then, he's tore it up a little. I'm not sure about my running game though, I thought I would tear it up with the 60/70, but so far I have 17 Yds on 6 carries. I might go back to the 0/100 method of mine. My defensive lineman are still a little bit lower than linebackers in tackles, but they are now making some plays that I didn't see before. Stats will come after I've finished, but I think you have a winner with these so far. But it is only one half, but they feel promising.

Last edited by highheatkingsb; 12-30-2007 at 11:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »