Home

NJPapi's All Madden Post Patch #3.5 Updated

This is a discussion on NJPapi's All Madden Post Patch #3.5 Updated within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: NJPapi's All Madden Post Patch #3.5 Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
In all seriousness I want to reiterate my thanks to you and others like you who take the time and effort to make Madden better for the masses. I understand your pass block slider is maxed out but that does not change the fact the cpu gets in the backfield unless I hot route block on nearly every play. I would like to know if that is your experience as well? It could be that All Madden is not playable without certain liberties lost. Just my opinion.

So if the pass blocking is maxed out and you see this why are you saying that my sliders get you sacked 10 times when i maxed it out...

I dont hot route block much... only in 3rd and long situations.... if you read the slider post in my other sets... I stated that you must use hard counts to get the cpu to stop jumping snaps.... also mixing up the plays helps a lot

That is one of the biggest issues I have with anyone playing on anything but all madden....

In All Pro you can get use to having things go your way to often which was my experience in that level when the game came out... Pass blocking was not an issue and neither was running and stopping the cpu was easy...

In ALl Madden you have to think a lot because you know the cpu is coming hard and your tactics that are easy to achieve on all pro are not going to work in all madden.

People get turned off because the cpu picks them off or they cant run... I dont have those issues in all madden at all... I had them at first when I started to play all madden but I never lost hope becaue practice makes perfect...

Now I love All Madden and after the patch the game is just fantastic to me... but you have to be patient and learn to play on all madden because it will make you pull your hair out if you just try and play it like you play a friend or on all pro
Old 01-02-2008, 10:00 PM   #18
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Dude,your dead right and thats where I'm at now I'l be f'n bald by the end of the week at this rate.It really is frustrating at times but it may be the only way to go.I might just have to suck it up,take the beatings and get better
Old 01-03-2008, 04:23 AM   #19
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

i just played my first game with these sliders and for the most part they played very well for me. I lost 24-21 in Overtime. They scored their majority of their points off my turnovers. Example one being an LT fumble (yea right, just finished a fumble free season) for a Touchdown. Of course that is how the game plays and not anything really to do with the sliders. Of course you can not really base how they play off of one sit through but i will definately try them out again for further testing. Here were my stats.

OAK (CPU) 0-7-7-7-3 = 24
SD (ME) 0-14-0-7-0 = 21

Another reason you know the game is flawed, i lost to OAK

PASSING

J.MCCOWN 17/23 for 151 1 TD 2 INT
P. RIVERS 18/33 for 256 1 TD 5 INT ( a little high )

RUSHING

L. TOMLINSON 19 for 144 2 TD 1 Fumble
J. FARGAS 27 for 78 0 TD 1 Fumble

RECEIVING

A. GATES 9 for 106
B. DAVIS 3 for 58 1 TD
L. NAANEE 1 for 53
Z. MILLER 6 for 53
J. PORTER 3 for 27 1 TD

BLOCKING

i sacked McCown 3 times and they sacked me twice

TEAM STATS

Total Offense

OAK 243(112 rushing, 131 passing)
SD 393 (167 rushing, 226 passing)

Possession Time

OAK 18:19
SD 20:01

Last edited by franch1se; 01-03-2008 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #20
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

In my opinion there are two people I go to when Madden comes out for sliders....NjPapi and Playmaker over at sportsgamer.I used NjPapi last year and he made Madden 07 enjoyable which I thought I would never see......This year I been using NjPapi All-Madden sliders becuase Playmaker gave up on Madden this year because the game just couldn't be fixed with the sliders to be Sim.......NjPapi I give you props for the sliders Bro,at first I was having the same issues about getting sacked a lot(still do at times) and throwing picks as well.....but its not the sliders,its the game.I found that lowering the CPU Def Awer to 20 teo 25,it will cut down on the LB superhuman INT's.....I see more CB and Safties getting picks,as far as the pass blocking goes,the Lineman AI is just horrific.APF 2K8 has the perfect Offense and Defensive Lineman play.So to cut the sacks down a bit for the CPU, I lowered the Break Block to 15,and know I see more coverage sacks and regular blitz sacks that I don't hot route block for,now the CPU may get 2 or 3 sacks a game.I also put the run blocking up to 30 because I played a entire season and didn't run for over a hundred yards.The most I gained in a game was 87 yards on 23 carries against the Jets.But all I have to say is if you wanna enjoy the game to your style of sim,you gotta adjust the sliders to ur style,I started with NjPapi's and saw things that I liked and toke it from there,that's what I did,and whenever I grasp the sliders that I use know and the game gets to easy,ill change them for more of a challenge......Peace
Old 01-03-2008, 08:51 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
i just played my first game with these sliders and for the most part they played very well for me. I lost 24-21 in Overtime. They scored their majority of their points off my turnovers. Example one being an LT fumble (yea right, just finished a fumble free season) for a Touchdown. Of course that is how the game plays and not anything really to do with the sliders. Of course you can not really base how they play off of one sit through but i will definately try them out again for further testing. Here were my stats.

OAK (CPU) 0-7-7-7-3 = 24
SD (ME) 0-14-0-7-0 = 21

Another reason you know the game is flawed, i lost to OAK

PASSING

J.MCCOWN 17/23 for 151 1 TD 2 INT
P. RIVERS 18/33 for 256 1 TD 5 INT ( a little high )

RUSHING

L. TOMLINSON 19 for 144 2 TD 1 Fumble
J. FARGAS 27 for 78 0 TD 1 Fumble

RECEIVING

A. GATES 9 for 106
B. DAVIS 3 for 58 1 TD
L. NAANEE 1 for 53
Z. MILLER 6 for 53
J. PORTER 3 for 27 1 TD

BLOCKING

i sacked McCown 3 times and they sacked me twice

TEAM STATS

Total Offense

OAK 243(112 rushing, 131 passing)
SD 393 (167 rushing, 226 passing)

Possession Time

OAK 18:19
SD 20:01

The human picks has nothing to do with sliders...I am sure that you did not throw 5 good passes that were picked off... Decision making is critical in Madden and I know a lot of people that rush their throws or try and fit the ball into tight spaces...Once I got use to ALL Madden I cut my picks from 0 to 1 or maybe 2 in a game... Keep practicing and dont move out of the pocket much
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #22
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

just got done with another game with these sliders, once again i liked how the game played. I liked the variety at how last game was a dog fight and struggle in OT loss and this week it was easier.

here were the results

HOU (CPU) 0-3-7-7 = 17
SD (ME) 7-7-7-13 = 34

HOUSTON STATS

Schaub 15/29 for 205 1 TD 3 INT

Green 25 for 76 1 TD
Dayne 2 for 4

Davis 3 for 61
Johnson 3 for 47 1 TD
Daniels 2 for 28

Ryans 11 Tackles, 1 Sack
Brown 6 Tackles
Weaver 5 Tackles, 2 Sacks

SAN DIEGO STATS

Rivers 20/28 for 213 2 TD 2 INT

Tomlinson 24 for 176 2 TD

Gates 8 for 73 2 TD
Chambers 3 for 49
Jackson 4 for 40
Davis 2 for 27

Cooper 9 Tackles
Merriman 4 Tackles, 1 Sack
Cromartie 5 Tackles
Wilhelm 5 Tackles, 1 Sack

Last edited by franch1se; 01-03-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 8

NJ do you switch to the DB to make a swat? also do you cover up at the end of every run? It seems like my DB's rarely make a play on the ball. I also noticed after using these sliders over the course of a season that basically every time I was tackled it was a big hit and my starting RB had a league leading 15 fumbles on the year and he didn't even start the entire year. His carrying is in the mid 70's.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im not sure if the patch did anything but I'm having problems with the run game all the sudden. NJs sliders pre patch saved Madden for me. I was having the most realistic games ever. Post patch it feels different.

I had to turn the human tackling up. Fred Taylor ran for 205 yards against my Vikings franchise and AP goes down like a sack of bricks when any defender touches him. I'm not sure if its the patch or me but i tweaked these a bit.

Last edited by thisiscrazy411; 01-05-2008 at 08:56 AM. Reason: iPhone sucks edited at home

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »