Home

NJPapi's All Madden Post Patch #3.5 Updated

This is a discussion on NJPapi's All Madden Post Patch #3.5 Updated within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2008, 10:37 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: NJPapi's All Madden Post Patch #3.5 Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMonts
NJ do you switch to the DB to make a swat? also do you cover up at the end of every run? It seems like my DB's rarely make a play on the ball. I also noticed after using these sliders over the course of a season that basically every time I was tackled it was a big hit and my starting RB had a league leading 15 fumbles on the year and he didn't even start the entire year. His carrying is in the mid 70's.

I always switch to the closes to the ball... I feel that I want to be the one playing the game.... Not having the cpu do things for me because I am afraid that I would not be able to.....

I also dont go for picks... I go for swats only and I do use the cover button but only when I am about to run into a pile....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2008, 10:28 PM   #26
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Gonna give these a try, thanks for the unrentless work
Old 01-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyPapi1977
I always switch to the closes to the ball... I feel that I want to be the one playing the game.... Not having the cpu do things for me because I am afraid that I would not be able to.....

I also dont go for picks... I go for swats only and I do use the cover button but only when I am about to run into a pile....
I don't know if you mean to do this or not but every time you talk about someone playing differently than yourself it sounds very condescending. I personally don't like changing players much because if I do everything than I can beat a great team with a team full of nobodies. I personally enjoy taking a bad team and trying to make them competitive. I like what you have done with your sliders and I love how the Human running game feels and plays. I'm going to do a little tweaking with human Awareness, Tackling, and Knockdowns.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:00 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
I don't know if you mean to do this or not but every time you talk about someone playing differently than yourself it sounds very condescending. I personally don't like changing players much because if I do everything than I can beat a great team with a team full of nobodies. I personally enjoy taking a bad team and trying to make them competitive. I like what you have done with your sliders and I love how the Human running game feels and plays. I'm going to do a little tweaking with human Awareness, Tackling, and Knockdowns.

Its not me trying to tell anyone that they are not playing the correct way.... But other people that dont switch like you and you yourself to an exten just said that switching makes the user unbeateable which is NOT true...

I make the plays because I am the user.... Why do I want the cpu to play for me....if that is the case then just play coach mode....If you want to not switch then dont get all bent out of shape about all madden or the way the game plays.... you are getting upset because the cpu is making plays on your cpu and not you yourself...

You cant sit there and tell me that you making the plays means you will beat the good teams... If you are saying that then you are not being realistic.... you are not going to dominate or beat the cpu on all madden with ease with default sliders unless you abuse exploits....

If you are so good that you can beat the Pats and COlts with the dolphins by switching and making plays then play all madden and raise the cpu sliders and lower yours and get back to me on how easy it is for you
Old 01-06-2008, 08:35 PM   #29
Pro

I never said switching makes the user unbeatable. Like I said I enjoy building a team and by me playing as that player it makes many of that players ratings unimportant. I'm not saying you are playing the game wrong or saying that I play it correctly but that is the way I like to play.

You like your team to play more based on your skill
I like my team to play more based on their skill

When I control everything I feel like it's not nearly as important to have a good team
Old 01-07-2008, 08:29 AM   #30
Banned

Quote:
I never said switching makes the user unbeatable. Like I said I enjoy building a team and by me playing as that player it makes many of that players ratings unimportant. I'm not saying you are playing the game wrong or saying that I play it correctly but that is the way I like to play.

You like your team to play more based on your skill
I like my team to play more based on their skill

When I control everything I feel like it's not nearly as important to have a good team

thats far from the truth.... When I use Tom Brady I can make long throwns or all the diff type of throws... If i use Tavaris Jackson I wont be able to do the same things...SO ratings do go into affect

Have you ever noticed that when the cpu runs a toss play that your cpu controlled corner always backs away as if its a pass and after a while decideds to go for the tackle eventhough the runner is already 5 yards into the run.... If it was abour ratings then why is that player looking at the running back and backpeddling.....and this corner is champ bailey....

You guys put wayyyyy to much stock into ratings....If the user uses the player they are not making that player a hall of famer... I dare you to make the 3rd string running back from the niners as good as LT when you use both of them

I find it funny that you guys claim that you are playing based on the ratings yet you want to mess with the sliders on all madden and complain that the run game is not good or that the cpu completion percentage is to high... if that is the case then your method of ratings is out the window
Old 01-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #31
Pro

Like I said before to each his own. You can be as condescending as you wish but in the end games are about having fun and this is how many of us have fun playing the game. Kinda funny how I praise you for your slider work and then tell you they are not for me and you pretty much tell me I am dumb and don't know how to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Like I said before to each his own. You can be as condescending as you wish but in the end games are about having fun and this is how many of us have fun playing the game. Kinda funny how I praise you for your slider work and then tell you they are not for me and you pretty much tell me I am dumb and don't know how to play.

first of all dont put words in my mouth.... i can care less if you play the game upside down.... you pay your money then play as you want... my beef was with the other guy who plays like you who said that my style is arcadish and not sim

i never called you dumb but if you want to act like a di** then dont bother to get at me anymore....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »