Home

A thought about testing sliders

This is a discussion on A thought about testing sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
A thought about testing sliders

Hey all, I found these forums trying to find some good ps2 sliders. Looking around at the different topics, I had a thought. I'm not sure if this has been tried before, but if you create two teams of players with all attributes maxed out, wouldn't it be easier to create sliders? Because that way you eliminate the players ratings and you can just focus on the gameplay. Also, you would know that in a franchise, if the game doesn't feel right, its your player that needs upgrading instead of the sliders needing tweaking. Any thoughts on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2008, 11:10 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: A thought about testing sliders

I've always wondered theoretically, when is it time to adjust sliders, and when is your player just having a great/terrible year

Maybe your idea is good.

Either way though, I find it hard to play this game b/c of the amount of CPU interceptions.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Actually you might be on to something? With all players ratings set at 100, or at least equal to each other (i.e. all players 70, 80, 90, 100), then adjust sliders so that the game plays evenly for hum vs cpu games.

If your idea works, then once you play those same sliders with "real" teams and ratings, the games should play more accurately to the actual team/player ratings?
Old 01-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, exactly. I think I'll starting working on it and I'll report back with what happens.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh8915
Hey all, I found these forums trying to find some good ps2 sliders. Looking around at the different topics, I had a thought. I'm not sure if this has been tried before, but if you create two teams of players with all attributes maxed out, wouldn't it be easier to create sliders? Because that way you eliminate the players ratings and you can just focus on the gameplay. Also, you would know that in a franchise, if the game doesn't feel right, its your player that needs upgrading instead of the sliders needing tweaking. Any thoughts on this?

yeah this has been done by some guy named snaz89 at football freaks.com Anyway it's great idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »