Home

SteelerSpartan's All-Pro Sliders

This is a discussion on SteelerSpartan's All-Pro Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:28 AM   #1
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
SteelerSpartan's All-Pro Sliders

Well a couple a weeks ago I thought Id give Madden/sliders one last shot(Draft got me pumped)...So I came on here and saw the attention the "All-100s" thread was getting and figured I give them a shot.

Well All-Pro was just too easy with these and there were too much cheese on all Madden from the CPU...

So I went back to work on grinding out a set for All-Pro...and through a couple a days and 10-13 games later I found something thats pretty enjoyable for me.....something thats fairly challenging but not cheap. A medium between All-Pro and All-Madden

Skill Level: All-Pro
Smart Weapons On

Offense: Human/CPU
50/100
0/100
25/100
40/40
0/100

Defense: Human/CPU
0/100
0/100
0/0
0/100
30/45

Special Teams are up to you really, the settings I have are from someone elses set tweaked a bit.

Probably the biggest thing I like about this set is that...it appears to me that the game is slowed down with the RBA set at 40. I play with the Steelers, and before I could take it to the house pretty easily with WPs speed...now its a little tougher though not impossible by any stretch of the imagination...especially if you know how to use lead blocker control.

As far as turnovers go....I've gotten way better results then I've ever had before...with only 1 game where a CPU Qb threw more then 1 pick....and that was Carson Palmer with 2 for the game. The QBs seem to overthrow more often and or will pull it down and scramble more. But maybe thats just me and Blitzburgh. VY was a terror last night...he gutted me with his legs late in 4th...almost bringing his team back..It was a grind it out game though where I held on to win 13-6

There were a couple instances where Ward wouldn't jump for the ball and it got picked off when I threw it too him....though these were pretty much all Deep Routes and wasn't anything alarming that screamed for a slider tweak.

And speaking of throwing the ball....make sure you know where your going before the snap. I think I've found a great medium between all-pro and all-madden in terms of the pass rush/passing game. But Im from the NJPapi school of sliders...I've played his for most of the time on 08 and if anyone has ever played them...you'll know his early versions were brutal.

Fumbles have occurred but its seems like a lot less...I think the lowered tackling helps that.

And contrary to just about any set of All-Madden sliders I've used...the CPU WRs will drop balls..

I've had grind it out low scroring games like the one I mentioned with Tenn and I've had some shootouts as well in the high 20's and low 30s....though theres been more low scoring games.

I play 7 min qrts.

:A Warning about these Sliders though:

As I've mentioned before...Im from All-Madden NJPapi school of sliders and there was something that ultimately put me off from his sets in the end....and that was the CPU Qb accuracy and virtual lack of any drops by the receivers..Yes His sets had very little ints, but it seemed to get a little too unfair in the end though. And I could never pick up on how he wanted us to play the game with his sliders

Basically he wanted us to Bump the Slot receiver(which he believed was the primary target of the CPU Qbs) with the rb button at the line of scrimmage.. He insisted that this would get the CPU Qbs rattled and throw errant passes.

I never mastered that style of defense and play most of my D on the line...leaving the CPU to handle receivers.

I haven't tested this set with that style of D and thus people who have mastered it may find it easy to mess with the CPU Qbs and drive up a bunch of INTs......I just don't know how this set would match up...So to anyone who plays that style theres a chance this set might devolve back into a turnover fest

But if you just rush the passer you should see some good games.

:End Warning:

Well Im not a huge poster of stats on these boards and this is really the first time I've posted a set of sliders, and I probably won't be as good as some of the others in that area. But If Im around I'll try to talk with ya and see how your guys games go with these if you want to try em out. I think I've found a sweet spot between All-Pro and All-Madden.

Im not claiming this set will fix this game completely, but Ive had more fun then Id ever thought I would have with this game given all of its flaws. Hopefully these will remain enjoyable until NCAA comes out

For some OS 360 Updated Rosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Re: SteelerSpartan's All-Pro Sliders

Well heres a game Im not too particularly proud of that I just finished(Not because of the sliders)

Raiders vs Steelers(Me).....7 min
23- 20

Roethlisberger- 21 of 26, 1 TD, 2 INT, 251yards 87.6 rating
Russell- 14 of 17, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 251 yards 157.9

Parker- 85 yards on 16 att, 1 TD, avg 5.3
Davenport- 16 yards on 3 att, 0 TD, avg 5.3
Rhodes-48 yards on 21 att, 0 TD, avg 2.2

SomeTeam Stats:

Steelers- Raiders
Rushing- 104 -55
Passing- 249 -246
First Downs 23 -12
TOP- 17:13- 10:52

Well Allen fumbled on the kickoff and set them up nicely to begin the game inside my 20, held them to 3 though.

Went 3 and out the next series and had to punt...****ssell picked me apart....(I don't know what the deal is with Steelers and young Qbs....Clemens,Cutler, Leinart, Rivers last year) all have break out games against us. Scored a TD to make it 10-0

I drove down the field but threw a costly int in the endzone that was all on me.

I eventually settled in and made it 10-13 at the half. I ran the ball a lot more in 2nd half and moved the ball well, unfortunately they did just enough to hold on.

I did drive down and take the lead 20-17 with under 2 left...but Russel struck again with Curry and Curry made some great moves to score a 46 yard go ahead TD with 59 secs left.

I almost got back down there but threw another costlly int to seal the game(No Timeouts and was rushing)

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 05-20-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Great sliders! I tried them last night and got arse handed to me. It could have gone either way, but running the ball is more challenging now and stopping the run is a lot more challenging. Perfect hybrid of All-Pro and All-Madden. Nice worK!
Old 05-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

I use lead blocker a lot with the tackles...it has helped me out a lot in the running game. I've started using more lead blocking with Ward or Holmes in motion lately too.

I pride myself with running the football and usually get in that 75-110 range...but sometimes it seems like the cpu will just have my number.

for example for whatever reason...I have trouble running against the Bears and Broncos, and Cardinals(Wiz must know the Steelers inside and out even on Madden)
Old 05-20-2008, 02:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm a fan of Madden even if it is crappy... I just wanna play a game of Football!

But in regards to the INT's... how frequent are they? Is it more likely that I'm going to drop a gimme or catch one I shouldn't?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2008, 02:04 AM   #6
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Well having downloaded some new 09 rosters....I thought Id see if the Browns really did have anything to challenge the Steelers with this year for AFC North Supremacy

Steelers(Me) at the Browns.....7 min
20 - 10

Roethlisberger- 12 of 16, 1 TD, 0 INT, 135yards 120.5 rating
Anderson- 16 of 25, 0 TDs, 1 INT, 205 yards 72.9

Parker- 57 yards on 16 att, 0 TD, avg 3.5
Mendenhall- 29 yards on 8 att, 0 TD, avg 3.6
Lewis- 46 yards on 25 att, 1 TD, avg 3.0

SomeTeam Stats:

Steelers Browns
Rushing- 94 -47
Passing- 138- 202
First Downs 14 -11
TOP- 16:31 -11:33

Much to my dismay, the browns opened up with a long sustained drive that chewed up 3-4 minutes...They capped it off with a 8 yard Lewis TD run...

But that didn't phase me, and I came right back with a fairly long drive of my own and tied it up with a 6 yard B-Roeth TD scamper

On the next series it looked as if the Browns were head for the endzone for sure having converted two 3rd and longs.....but Ike Taylor stepped up and picked off a pass over the middle from a pressured Anderson. and I got the ball at the Browns 47

I couldn't do anything with it though and had to punt, but I pinned them deep and didn't let them out. SO I managed a to get 3 when I got the ball back.

The browns shut me down the entire 3rd qrt. and they managed to get 3 after I roughed the kicker, thus giving them a easier kick

My 2nd TD came in the 4th on a 7 yard pass to Nate Washington over the middle.

I stopped the browns at the 45 on a 4th down late in the 4th. I then pounded the rock and chewed up the clock to choke the life out of the browns and kicked a field goal to add insult to injury. Final score 20-10...Steelers!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 05-20-2008 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:40 AM   #7
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDWilliams85
I'm a fan of Madden even if it is crappy... I just wanna play a game of Football!

But in regards to the INT's... how frequent are they? Is it more likely that I'm going to drop a gimme or catch one I shouldn't?

As far as you throwing picks, I would say its pretty fair IMO. Yes I have still seen some bogus CPU DB picks, but those are few and far between.

The majority of your picks will come from the pressure of the pass rush, and trying to fling one up hoping you don't get sacked. You should have to fear those 3rd and longs like most Qbs do in the NFL.

But all that can be countered with smart play before the snap. And you'll need it against some of the more stout Ds. Like the other night I knew I was going to not be able to finish a game with the Chargers before I started, so I played pretty lazy with reads and got spanked by the time I had to go. Had two picks and 3 sacks given up. Their OLBs weren't having any of Ben's scrambling and making plays outside of the pocket

As for your second question.....I would probably say you catch a few that you shouldn't happens more. But its not like I see Ward/Holmes making all kinds of One handed grabs. I might play some more games with other teams to see if any receivers act up in either of those regards.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

One thing I did notice while playing with the sliders is that if you have a speed back against an edge rusher, the rusher and subsequently all the LB's in pursuit will beat you to the edge.

Clinton Portis or Reggie Bush shouldn't get beat to the edge.

So, maybe upping the run block and lowering CPU awareness by a smidge or two would tune the running game. You can get inside runs okay because they'll collapse the pocket and make you shake loose. I've seen spurts at the highest of 20 yards and getting stuffed for three yard losses.

I'll try my modifications and see how well I do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »