Home

Heelfan's Madden Sliders (360)

This is a discussion on Heelfan's Madden Sliders (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:44 AM   #25
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Heelfan's Madden Sliders (360)

OK, I was able to notch my first victory over the CPU; third time was indeed the charm in a 17-14 win as San Diego over Oakland (7 minute quarters, it's late and I have to work tomorrow bright & early). Sebass missed a 47 yd FG with a few seconds left -- how utterly realistic! I lowered FG Accuracy to 30 prior to the game and not only did he miss the potential game-winner, but he missed a 25+ yard chip shot as well. Definitely in need of further testing, but it's cool that the slider at least had an effect...

As for the more integral gameplay stuff, the Raiders were dangerous on the ground. Fargas went for 15-98 thanks to a 56 yard TD scamper. I missed an open field tackle about 5-10 yards from scrimmage and the two or three guys in pursuit took horrible angles, failing to attempt to curtail the big gain. Ugh! McFadden also ripped off a 24 yard gain to finish with 3-40. So minus their big runs, they ran for 58 yards on 16 carries -- not too bad at all. My running needs some work as aside from a 30 yard gain on a well-executed stretch play to LT, I managed 21 yards on 16 carries. Double ugh...

My passing offense is atrocious (7/12, 54, 1-1), but that is more on me at this point. I haven't played much virtual football in recent years, so my reads & such are really quite abysmal. My happy feet would make [insert crappy QB here] blush. Russell dinked and dunked me for 120 on 15-21 with 2 INTs. Cromartie took one of them (he had both) back for a TD and the other left me deep in Raider territory for my other TD. I did manage three sacks (as did Oakland), including a sweet user sack with Merriman when I didn't bite on play action and crushed him. Really should have been a fumble, but...

Overall, I could see a difference using the custom sub-sliders as opposed to the My Skill settings, even though the four primary numbers weren't drastically different. This is a definite positive. I still feel like I'm playing an youngster with ADD due to the quick CPU snaps and the rushed FG attempts (this really stood out this game as I had no idea the shorty went wide at first), but this game was certainly more enjoyable and a step in the right direction. Now just imagine if I didn't suck so much!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 02:23 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
so far they do. I think this has the potential to be the best Madden yet.
I agree. I haven't had this much interest in a Madden game since Madden 93.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:27 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 15

imma give these a whirl in a lil bit and give ya pointers
Old 08-13-2008, 02:58 AM   #28

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
well I'm using these right now, and I have 7 carries for 78 yards with Jacobs and I'm 6 for 6t passing with Eli, and McNabb is 8 for 8 for I127 yeards in the 1st quater, score 14-14
I would be very curious to hear how this game finished and what you saw if you have since played more with these sliders. Im a little confused to be honest, I was told that the prelim numbers for the 4 catagories are indicative of what skill level you are closest to, meaning 15 is All-Madden, 10 is All-Pro, 5 is Pro and 0 is Rookie and if thats the case then wouldnt have the Passing at 10 be the equivalent of passing on All-Pro while rushing would be equal to rushing on somewhere between Pro and All-Pro? For some reason the slider setup this year has me confused, not sure what it is but I cant seem to wrap my head around it yet.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:30 AM   #29
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I wish I could score 14 in the first. I am having a lot of low scoring games.

How is Baltimore rated overall ?? Sounds like a fun game.

Baltimore is a 81, Miami a 80.

My O-Line is trash I miss Ogden.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:24 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
if thats the case then wouldnt have the Passing at 10 be the equivalent of passing on All-Pro while rushing would be equal to rushing on somewhere between Pro and All-Pro? .
That is correct. Lets look at my numbers

Passing-10
Rushing-7

Pass D- 4
Rush D- 15

On offense, Passing is around ALL PRO level and I made the rushing game a little easier.

On Defense I made Pass D easier, this is to counter the Computer QB being hard to stop and not throwing many incomplete passes. And I made Rush defense harder to help boost the computer run game. You can see Pass D is closer to "PRO" level and Rush is "ALL MADDEN".
Old 08-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #31
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I am going to take JayBee74's advice and ask this over here. When you use the Custom difficulty setting, what is the cpu set at? It allows you to set Human sliders but it doesn't show us what the cpu is using/set to. By using Custom does it turn the Madden IQ off or make it not effective, or does it still adjust for the cpu?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 10:27 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hi heelfan,

Have you experimented with setting the penalties to 95 yet?

NJPapi is using these penalty settings:

All Penalties Maxed out except for the following:

Face Mask: 80 (This gets called enough at this set)

Roughin Passer: (Hitting the qb on time or a bit late is just right at default)

Roughin Kicker: (See Roughin Passer)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »