Home

Heelfan's Madden Sliders (360)

This is a discussion on Heelfan's Madden Sliders (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:48 PM   #57
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Heelfan's Madden Sliders (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
yes you can - there is a 'super All-Madden' level, so to speak. I won't be going near there, except for maybe helping the CPU run the ball.

Honestly, they are probably just ranges -
0-4 Rookie
5-9 Pro
10-14 All Pro
15-20 All Madden

Plu syou have sub-sliders in each to handicap yourself even more. If you max out All-Madden and lower the sub-sliders all the way and still need more of a challenge it's probably time to find a new hobby.
Yeah, the main thing I want to do is get the CPU to run the ball effectively. Is the CPU going deep at all? or just 1-2 times a game? From what I've read so far, the CPU has problems running and hardly ever goes deep. I hope they tweak the CPU play calling (via patch or at the very least by 2010) so the CPU will go deep more.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:55 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

I used these sliders for two franchise games between Chargers and Saints. My defense owned the Dolts offense, i held L.T. to 24 yards, and picked off Rivers 3 times. Against the Saints i picked off Brees 5 times, and held their running game to a total of 23 yards. Im liking the rushing game on my part but when it comes down to the CPU, well they suck arse. Im suppost to lose these games with my Raiders, not win by 21.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:14 PM   #59
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
I used these sliders for two franchise games between Chargers and Saints. My defense owned the Dolts offense, i held L.T. to 24 yards, and picked off Rivers 3 times. Against the Saints i picked off Brees 5 times, and held their running game to a total of 23 yards. Im liking the rushing game on my part but when it comes down to the CPU, well they suck arse. Im suppost to lose these games with my Raiders, not win by 21.
In regards to creating a better CPU run game, how about raising the RUSH D to 20... and lowering the sub-sliders... maybe something like this:

Rush Defense 20
Reaction Time: 0
Block Shedding: 15
Tackling: 25

I don't have the game yet, but the CPU run game is a big concern for me. I'd like to know what kind of results you get and if the CPU runs any better.

If this still doesn't work, I'd raise RUSH D to 20 and lower the sub-sliders to 0... which is really the final hope.

Last edited by nxt; 08-13-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #60
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

If I understand this correctly, when adjusting the defensive sliders, the lower you set the three sub items (such as Reaction time, Block Shedding, and Tackling) then the higher it sets your overall Rush Defense number?

And basically, the higher your overall number is for each of the four main items (rush, pass, rush-d, and pass-d) the harder it will be to play the cpu in those respective areas of the game?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:29 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I had quite a few Picks last game (on defense) too. Lowering the INT slider might be in order. need to play another game and see what happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 03:40 PM   #62
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
If I understand this correctly, when adjusting the defensive sliders, the lower you set the three sub items (such as Reaction time, Block Shedding, and Tackling) then the higher it sets your overall Rush Defense number?

And basically, the higher your overall number is for each of the four main items (rush, pass, rush-d, and pass-d) the harder it will be to play the cpu in those respective areas of the game?
you are correct.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
I had quite a few Picks last game (on defense) too. Lowering the INT slider might be in order. need to play another game and see what happens.
Yeah, i might try that along with lowering push rush and reaction time. Hopefully that will improve the CPU's ability to run the ball and pass more accerately.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #64
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
In regards to creating a better CPU run game, how about raising the RUSH D to 20... and lowering the sub-sliders... maybe something like this:

Rush Defense 20
Reaction Time: 0
Block Shedding: 15
Tackling: 25

I don't have the game yet, but the CPU run game is a big concern for me. I'd like to know what kind of results you get and if the CPU runs any better.

If this still doesn't work, I'd raise RUSH D to 20 and lower the sub-sliders to 0... which is really the final hope.
The main categories and the sub-sliders are not mutually exclusive. As you move reaction time, block shedding and tackling up or down, the "Rush Defense" number moves up or down automatically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »