Home

NJPapi's Madden 09 Custom Sliders (360 and PS3)

This is a discussion on NJPapi's Madden 09 Custom Sliders (360 and PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NJPapi's Madden 09 Custom Sliders (360 and PS3)

Sorry for asking this, but I cant find the sliders setting in my game(PS3 CE). I know somewhere on this site there was a thread about it, but I cant find that either. Can someone show me where? THX!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguru14
Sorry for asking this, but I cant find the sliders setting in my game(PS3 CE). I know somewhere on this site there was a thread about it, but I cant find that either. Can someone show me where? THX!
go to settings then gameskill...the choose custom
Old 08-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #43
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

I went ahead and tried these and even though I got smoked 27-7, I liked the challenge. At least I know going into the next game I have to pay attention all the way through. Good Job!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #44
Rookie

deagledan's Arena

OVR: 7

i only played with these sliders for a couple of quarters and they're nice and challenging, but yeah, the WR catch is a bit low, imo. way too many drops for my taste.

anyone have a recommendation on what to set it at?

Old 08-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #45
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

I went in using these sliders (with adjustments to one or two numbers here and there, not big adjustments though) playing Oakland against the Ravens and I was WRECKED in the game 27-7 and honestly I couldn't have been happier. It was a wicked hard game where their D wrecked my running game and their secondary picked me 3 times. They beat me like they should have. I was very very happy

I will continue to tweak with them some here and there but the overall outline I really like. Also the subbing is great, very pleased with that.

I played against the Jets in the game before with Custom set to 15, 20, 15, 20 (no tweaks) and ran for 170yds on them with McFadden... Against the Ravens he had 20yds lol...

GOOD STUFF!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 07:11 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone having problems getting sacks with these? Just curious because I used them and had to start tweaking. For example I blitzed 20+ times using the Colts with no sacks and the CPU doing 1 step drop passes and throwing off the back foot. I mean using Freeney and Mathis and blitzing.....but no sacks. Any ideas besides having weapons off?
Old 08-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #47
Pro

Ankido's Arena

OVR: 14

I just noticed these sliders are higher then All Madden.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

I usually use NJPapi's sliders each and every year for Madden and NCAA, but I just can't this year. Not at what they are now.

-I have NO pass rush whatsoever. I tried playing with the Vikings, Patriots, and Cowboys. I blitzed one game a total of 24 times and never came close to a sack.

-The human run game is non-existent. 19 carries for 45 yards isn't fun.

-Passing ACC is way off. Sure, playing with Tavaris Jackson I shouldn't be able to throw 30 yards passes on the money, but I shouldn't be throwing 4 picks with Tom Brady either.

-The CPU defense isn't "harder" per say, but they seem to be "mind readers", if that makes sense. They are always at where I'm trying to throw and run the ball. Yes I've read all the tips on running (don't sprint until the open field, slide protection, etc.)

Overall these just aren't for me. I enjoy a challenge and consider myself a pretty good Madden player, but these are TOO challenging.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »