Home

NJPapi's Madden 09 Post Patch (2) Profile Custom Sliders (360 and PS3)

This is a discussion on NJPapi's Madden 09 Post Patch (2) Profile Custom Sliders (360 and PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NJPapi's Madden 09 Post Patch (2) Profile Custom Sliders (360 and PS3)

Just had another amazing game with the Raiders(me) against the Chargers(CPU). it was close all around, ended in OT with a win by the Raiders 24-21! at Raiders Home((expect it this season haha)) here are the stats.

Passing:
P.Rivers: 35/44 327Yds 2TD 0INT
J****ssel: 19/37 288Yds 2TD 1INT

Rushing:
L.Tomilson: 23Att for 108 Yds
J.Fargas: 12Att for 45 Yds
D.McFadden: 11Att for 18 Yds

Recieving
V.Jackson: 9 Rec for 95 Yds
J.Hester: 9 Rec for 46 Yds
A.Gates: 5 Rec for 60 Yds
J.Fargas: 4 Rec for 48 Yds
R.Curry: 3 Rec for 96 Yds
J.Walker: 3 Rec for 84 Yds
Old 08-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 25

toyed with this last night and got VERy good results. Is it worth it? Depends on your view of your current experience i guess.

I see some good things...but i also see results on par with what i am seeing w/ my own custom human only sliders. So i would suggest give it a shot especially if you have trouble defending the pass and getting the CPU to run effectively. Both of which i have been able to "fix" thru practice and trial and error.

With my current custom set i still see ROBO -QB from time to time, but not nearly as much as before and the CPU runs fine against me with rush Defense set to all "0".
Old 08-19-2008, 07:11 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's pretty sad that you need to go through all these hoops to have a good game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #36
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

you actually don't but people seem to not have a problem with it then just let them do what they want to do
Old 08-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not saying that the people coming up with these ideas are sad, just saying that it sucks that the game is forcing most to come up with them because of the inadaquency of the AI.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:32 PM   #38
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

That's probably because coding AI is some of the most difficult coding to do.

Perhaps you should try it ;]
Old 08-19-2008, 11:37 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

I definitely understand it's most likely extremely hard, but that's why they're professionals. EA could pay 100's of the best coders millions each and still be rich out the ***.

XBL: XiX FaTe XiX
Old 08-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

After testing these sliders for 2-3 days they definitely need a lot of work.

Issues:

QB - My QB rarely makes precise throws. I have my feet set and with or without leading in the appropriate direction I can barely make an accurate throw on any type of route besides a straight line.

RB - Can't establish a rushing game. Averaging 2.5-3.0 ypc which, yes, is good but when I'm playing the Bengals and rushing for 1.7 ypc something is wrong. Also I'm fumbling a TON. In like 6 or so games I have around 8 fumbles just with my RB.

WR - Drop, drop, drop, and more drops. In Franchise through 3 weeks my team has a combined 17 drops. 3 games, 17 drops! That's almost 6 drops a game!!!! Wow, how did this even slip by testing these sliders. Also sometimes the WR will run in a circle when being thrown the ball causing an INT. Sometimes they will not even attempt to catch/pursue the ball resulting in an INT.

OL - Needs better reaction time or something. They're so sluggish and barely block. There is no pocket what-so-ever and on the run they let people walk by them.

DT - Needs more pressure. I struggle for get 1 sack a game. Even on 8 man blitzes I'm still somehow not coming up with sacks while opposing QB's sit in the pocket for up to 6 seconds.

DB - The main problem with this set. The DB are EXTREMELY irresponsive. They will not attempt to make plays on balls, they will not cover their designated men/zone, they will let people run straight by them without moving. I've let up so many TD's and big plays on 3rd down or so because a DB instead of just putting a hand up will run towards the ball a slight bit then turn his back. If you can picture him doing this on a route it leaves the WR wide open while the ball is in mid-air resulting in an easy 70 yard TD. A LOT of problems with DBs

K - Dunno how this got through testing either. I think I can kick further than the K's on these sliders. I'm sure it doesn't need a BIG boost but I'm struggling to make 48 yarders with FULL power. The accuracy is fine. I'm playing the Raiders with Sebastian Janowkoski and it's 4th down on my 31-34 yard line and they choose to punt over kicking the FG. I'm guessing because the AI realizes it's nearly impossible to make the FG even WITH the biggest boot in the game.

This set can become great with a lot of tweaking. Right now it seems like in order for the game to be realistic the sliders have to make the Human team all non-responive and stupid so the AI can get cheap plays. It's very frustrating IMO. The stats do come out very realistic but it's the way they happen. Please go through more testing on these sliders and I'm sure these will be the best available set.

XBL: XiX FaTe XiX

Last edited by hookedup4life31; 08-24-2008 at 12:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »