Home

NJPapi's Madden 09 Post Patch (2) Profile Custom Sliders (360 and PS3)

This is a discussion on NJPapi's Madden 09 Post Patch (2) Profile Custom Sliders (360 and PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NJPapi's Madden 09 Post Patch (2) Profile Custom Sliders (360 and PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedup4life31
After testing these sliders for 2-3 days they definitely need a lot of work.

Issues:

QB - My QB rarely makes precise throws. I have my feet set and with or without leading in the appropriate direction I can barely make an accurate throw on any type of route besides a straight line.

RB - Can't establish a rushing game. Averaging 2.5-3.0 ypc which, yes, is good but when I'm playing the Bengals and rushing for 1.7 ypc something is wrong.

WR - Drop, drop, drop, and more drops. In Franchise through 3 weeks my team has a combined 17 drops. 3 games, 17 drops! That's almost 6 drops a game!!!! Wow, how did this even slip by testing these sliders. Also sometimes the WR will run in a circle when being thrown the ball causing an INT. Sometimes they will not even attempt to catch/pursue the ball resulting in an INT.

OL - Needs better reaction time or something. They're so sluggish and barely block. There is no pocket what-so-ever and on the run they let people walk by them.

DT - Needs more pressure. I struggle for get 1 sack a game. Even on 8 man blitzes I'm still somehow not coming up with sacks while opposing QB's sit in the pocket for up to 6 seconds.

DB - The main problem with this set. The DB are EXTREMELY irresponsive. They will not attempt to make plays on balls, they will not cover their designated men/zone, they will let people run straight by them without moving. I've let up so many TD's and big plays on 3rd down or so because a DB instead of just putting a hand up will run towards the ball a slight bit then turn his back. If you can picture him doing this on a route it leaves the WR wide open while the ball is in mid-air resulting in an easy 70 yard TD. A LOT of problems with DBs

K - Dunno how this got through testing either. I think I can kick further than the K's on these sliders. I'm sure it doesn't need a BIG boost but I'm struggling to make 48 yarders with FULL power. The accuracy is fine. I'm playing the Raiders with Sebastian Janowkoski and it's 4th down on my 31-34 yard line and they choose to poutn over kicking the FG. I'm guessing because the AI realizes it's nearly impossible to make the FG even WITH the biggest boot in the game.

This set can become great with a lot of tweaking. Right now it seems like in order for the game to be realistic the sliders have to make the Human team all non-responive and stupid so the AI can get cheap plays. It's very frustrating IMO. The stats do come out very realistic but it's the way they happen. Please go through more testing on these sliders and I'm sure these will be the best available set.
these are just a base. your supposed to tweak them to your skill after. its just a test. so if your having trouble with all of these, than tweak them to your liking. i tweaked the running game in my favor, because i couldn't run at all. now i atleast have a chance. and when i played i had 12 sacks in one game on both sides of the ball. so i also increased Pass Blocking for both.

so what may work for one, may not work for another, but the "base" is a good set, with some teaking, it turned out to be a great set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #42
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRYder226
these are just a base. your supposed to tweak them to your skill after. its just a test. so if your having trouble with all of these, than tweak them to your liking. i tweaked the running game in my favor, because i couldn't run at all. now i atleast have a chance. and when i played i had 12 sacks in one game on both sides of the ball. so i also increased Pass Blocking for both.

so what may work for one, may not work for another, but the "base" is a good set, with some teaking, it turned out to be a great set.
I am now trying these out and after a couple of games my offense was really terrible. I use the Vikes and could not run the ball at all. I have now adjusted the run blocking to see if that works out. The passing feels good for me so I don't need to touch that. The CPU runs the ball but I bumped it up a little and they really do call alot of run plays with these settings and use two RBs during the game when you play teams that have them. That aspect is awsome. The CPU passing seems to eliminate the ROBO QB problem as they will hold the ball alot longer but I am sitll having a very tough time sacking the QB...I can get pressure but not recording any sacks as of yet. Any suggestions on that? Other than that this set of sliders feels pretty good and stats are in line for the CPU as well.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
I am now trying these out and after a couple of games my offense was really terrible. I use the Vikes and could not run the ball at all. I have now adjusted the run blocking to see if that works out. The passing feels good for me so I don't need to touch that. The CPU runs the ball but I bumped it up a little and they really do call alot of run plays with these settings and use two RBs during the game when you play teams that have them. That aspect is awsome. The CPU passing seems to eliminate the ROBO QB problem as they will hold the ball alot longer but I am sitll having a very tough time sacking the QB...I can get pressure but not recording any sacks as of yet. Any suggestions on that? Other than that this set of sliders feels pretty good and stats are in line for the CPU as well.
blitz more to get sacks. i get a decent amount. and change your D-Line assignment to cave in. i do it most of the time for the pass rush. and it does a pretty decent job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »