Home

Slider question and rant -

This is a discussion on Slider question and rant - within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 11:21 PM   #9
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Slider question and rant -

You've probably discovered the same bug I recently discovered to do with custom sliders. The bug is when you're selecting the difficulty just before entering a game - if you scroll down past the slider settings to get down to the Rewinds option, for some reason the values of the sliders get messed up. It seems to occur even if you just scroll past them - i.e. even if you don't change them at all which you can do at the difficulty selection screen.

Does this make sense? If this is it, instead of scrolling past the sliders before the game to access the Rewinds value, press 'Up' to avoid going past them, or use hardcore and have no rewinds to begin with.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:57 PM   #10
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
You've probably discovered the same bug I recently discovered to do with custom sliders. The bug is when you're selecting the difficulty just before entering a game - if you scroll down past the slider settings to get down to the Rewinds option, for some reason the values of the sliders get messed up. It seems to occur even if you just scroll past them - i.e. even if you don't change them at all which you can do at the difficulty selection screen.

Does this make sense? If this is it, instead of scrolling past the sliders before the game to access the Rewinds value, press 'Up' to avoid going past them, or use hardcore and have no rewinds to begin with.
Hey buddy you might be onto something there. I do occasionally do that. I wonder if this has been posted in the bugs and glitches thread?

Either way, that's ridiculous.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 08-18-2008, 12:12 AM   #11
Nza
MVP

I submitted it to an admin to be put in the bugs thread yesterday. Yeah it is a little silly, and very confusing as to how it could be happening. Executing code when the user *highlights* the slider settings before a game? very very strange.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 12:15 AM   #12
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I submitted it to an admin to be put in the bugs thread yesterday. Yeah it is a little silly, and very confusing as to how it could be happening. Executing code when the user *highlights* the slider settings before a game? very very strange.
Not that this is a good thing,but I'm glad someone else is having it. I thought I was going crazy there for a while

Thanks for pointing that out though. I would have never thought of that.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #13
MVP

Chrono's Arena

OVR: 8

I think more people are having this same issue and just aren't aware of it. After reading your post I went in and checked my "sub sliders"... the same thing happened! The main setting were correct, but all the sub sliders had baselined. I also set my rewinds to 0 before each game I was playing, so for my last one I didn't do this and my sliders seemed to stay correct. Very strange bug... it's annoying but at least there appears to be a fix for it.

For anyone else reading this who uses custom sliders, be sure to check all your "sub sliders" (run blocking, break tackles, etc) and not just the main slider value. I wondered why I started getting so many interceptions with Heel's sliders until I realized everything had changed!

GREAT find baumy!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #14
Rookie

slayter's Arena

OVR: 4

I never pieced together the scrolling down to the rewind having an effect on my custom sliders.

I noticed before during a game that my sliders had reset to default and I had to put them back during in each game. Pretty weird, I thought, but what am I going to do? Then it just seemed to stop resetting.

"Cool," I said to myself. It was really annoying.

However, it would seemed it stopped since I no longer scroll down to set rewind to 0. While playing one game madden froze, but only temporarily, during my field goal attempt. Unfortunately, it was for the win with 4 seconds left on the clock. Obviously, I missed when madden "unfroze" and lost the game.

Since that game I have left the rewind at its default setting of one just in case something like that happens again. (Which it hasn't )

However, since then my sliders have stayed where I set them. Now i know why. Thank you.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #15
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono
I think more people are having this same issue and just aren't aware of it. After reading your post I went in and checked my "sub sliders"... the same thing happened! The main setting were correct, but all the sub sliders had baselined. I also set my rewinds to 0 before each game I was playing, so for my last one I didn't do this and my sliders seemed to stay correct. Very strange bug... it's annoying but at least there appears to be a fix for it.

For anyone else reading this who uses custom sliders, be sure to check all your "sub sliders" (run blocking, break tackles, etc) and not just the main slider value. I wondered why I started getting so many interceptions with Heel's sliders until I realized everything had changed!

GREAT find baumy!
Don't thank me bro. Thank the guys above me who knew what was causing this.

Now we have a major problem: Sliders are "broken" and we can't select certain things or scroll to certain areas. How horribly F'ed up is that?

I NEED sliders to play sports games. I can't go on without sliders. This MUST be fixed in the 2nd patch or all is lost. EA, I stood behind you this entire year, don't make me look like a jackass...
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #16
Nza
MVP

You just have to avoid highlighting any of the 4 sliders before heading into a game. If you do that, the sliders won't change.

This is a pretty big bug though so I imagine a large amount of people using custom sliders don't realize they're not using the correct settings at all. If you use custom sliders, make sure to check the sub values (the 0-100 ones) are still the same as they're meant to be).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »