Home

Slider question and rant -

This is a discussion on Slider question and rant - within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Slider question and rant -

First things first - I have a question that needs answering so that I can finally play (and enjoy) my game of Madden this year.

I start out with Heelfans sliders and have everything set in place. I play a game, go to maybe tweak a setting and.... Almost everything is changed to default. I can have run blocking at 70 for example (I know because I check before I start the game) and when I get back the running attributes are all back at default. Here's the kicker - Some of the other sliders are still adjusted to Heelfans settings.

What is going on here? I thought this was in my mind the first few times, but now it seems that certain sliders go to default when I start a game. I can't even play a game with custom sliders! This better not be this BS of the game "adapting" to me. I WANT CUSTOM - I repeat - CUSTOM SLIDERS! Anyone else having this issue?

Also, what is this total nonsense of universal sliders? Why do I have to make my running game even more jacked up just to get the CPU to average over 1.7 yards a carry. Why do I need to lower the rushing defense so that the CPU can have a shot at running when it will also make MY running game better than it needs to be?

Just why can't we have settings (like we have had EVERY year) that play into both the Human and CPU? You have to rob Peter to pay Paul in this game. It will never balance.

/Rant

PS - Really though, why don't my sliders work?

PPS - I'm sorry. I feel cheated for the second time by EA this quarter.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Slider question and rant -

Are you saving them right after you set your sliders? Cause I don't have this issue.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotZfunk
Are you saving them right after you set your sliders? Cause I don't have this issue.
Yeah bro. I save after every tweak. I also make sure when I select difficulty level it is custom.

It is so strange because some sliders are the same as what I had from Heelfan, and others just randomly bounce back to default. It has to be something with this "adaption" BS. Why else would sliders reset themselves while others stay the same?
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 08-17-2008, 10:32 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

You're doing it wrong, no one else is having this issue, including me.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #5
Pro

cactusruss's Arena

OVR: 7

I've never had a problem with custom sliders changing after I save them.

Also, I don't think you understand how the sliders work. Changing your run defense so the CPU can run better doesn't change the CPU's run defense. The sliders only affect the human controlled team. The CPU basically plays at All Pro level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Thats weird, cause once you set the sliders to custom it should be all your tweaks. The only other thing I can think of is that you are useing a different profile (Dummy Profile) during the game, but I know that you know that already so I am not sure whats the deal.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:03 PM   #7
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

It's just odd. I know before I play the game that my sliders are where I want them at. I have them set at custom. I then proceed to select "custom" difficulty and then play my game.

I exit the game, check back on the sliders to tweak something and that is when I see that half of my sliders are in place and the other half are back to default.

I just don't understand why they all would not reset. How can I just play a game and have only a few of my sliders reset while the rest remain?

I've been gaming for a long time, and I will admit that I do not know everything about sports gaming, but I know enough to set and adjust sliders.

Someone said I am "doing it wrong."

OK, that's fine with me, but what am I doing wrong?
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 08-17-2008, 11:05 PM   #8
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotZfunk
Thats weird, cause once you set the sliders to custom it should be all your tweaks. The only other thing I can think of is that you are useing a different profile (Dummy Profile) during the game, but I know that you know that already so I am not sure whats the deal.
Yeah, I haven't used a "dummy" profile or anything. This hasn't happened to me before, but I am positive they are reseting, and since I got that feeling I started to check before and after games. I was right.
It makes me sad
I post the frog

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »