Home

Is anyone just saying screw.......

This is a discussion on Is anyone just saying screw....... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Is anyone just saying screw.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Jistic I have it on Hardcore, how can I turn the weapons back on
I don't think you can. I play on advanced, no rewinds.

ANd yes it does take awhile for myskill to kick in.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:04 PM   #34
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

MySkill for me just can't seem to achieve a proper running game for either me or the CPU. The CPU seem to run enough when suitable, i.e. if they're ahead or not too far behind, but get little success. As do I.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #35
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Not anymore.

Even if you have a good passing game, it penalizes you if you don't any TD's. To the point where I was at Rookie for Passing offense. My QB accuracy was at 65 and was hitting WR's left and right.

I'm using custom and have had decent games.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 06:34 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
YES! Sliders are pointless in this game IMO. When you monkey with them the game gets just too goofy for me.

And yet, that's what Myskill is doing. It's like a little pet monkey that does your bidding for you.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:06 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
The one thing that bugs me about the IQ test is the rushing offense.
It seems every test I can get my running skill up to all-madden, and everything else right about where I'd expect my skills to be (pro and all-pro), yet when I take my high running skill into a game, I can't get out of my own way. All other skills are pretty acurate for me. Anyone else have this issue?
Yeah I get this issue too. Plain and simple, the running test for madden iq is not accurate to the football matches. That's why I purposely played worse on the running test to make myself all-pro.

I actually used sliders for one day, but just couldn't stick with it because it couldn't actually change the way the cpu quarterback stands, moves, and thinks. Also, I really like how the madden iq changes after every game. Like when you win, your iq goes higher and it feels like you are getting rewarded.

Last edited by ThePPL; 08-21-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:37 PM   #38
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Not anymore.

Even if you have a good passing game, it penalizes you if you don't any TD's. To the point where I was at Rookie for Passing offense. My QB accuracy was at 65 and was hitting WR's left and right.

I'm using custom and have had decent games.
this is where I am at as well.....had a few games with no pasing TD's with Brodie Croyle until I played the Pats.....I could do no wrong.

Short, long, it did not matter as Brodie Croyle (yes, Brodie Croyle and his pitiful group of receivers) lit up the world champs for over 420yds and 5 TD's. I would toss bombs (as a test) into 2 coverage and Bowe would come down with it every time...

I did not even touch on rushing....KC's line is bad. Bad enough that eventually LJ had a game where he hit for a 16.7 ypc over 16 carries.......the following game (2.7ypc)

Run & pass defense is two clicks away from All-Madden now and I see robo qb all over the place and am watching my front 7 get pushed around like they are a flag football team..... Games are simply too up and down. Getting some good low scores, sure. But how I am seeing those scores is not enjoyable.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
this is where I am at as well.....had a few games with no pasing TD's with Brodie Croyle until I played the Pats.....I could do no wrong.

Short, long, it did not matter as Brodie Croyle (yes, Brodie Croyle and his pitiful group of receivers) lit up the world champs for over 420yds and 5 TD's.
Your point is dead on. However, the Pats haven't been the world champs for a few years now...
Old 08-21-2008, 02:00 PM   #40
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

I started a post about the Madden I.Q. but I'll put a short base of my opinion in this as well since its garnishing much attention.

I like the feature, theres nothing better to me than Auto adjusted sliders based on how well you play or don't.

The only problem I can see with the feature is, when will your running back ever have that enormous game? I mean in week 1 of your franchise, you may have it because your I.Q. hasnt been tuned by the A.I. yet, but later in the franchises will it ever be present?

You may play a weak apponent and get 140yds rushing and play another week opponent next week and get 80, and the following week get 90, then 85, then 100. All because you get punished for having a breakout performance in your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd week of the season. I believe if you run well against against a poor rushing defense you shouldnt get penalized for it next weak. But if you run well against a strong rushing D, you should.

Same goes for Passing as well.

Make sense

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »