Home

Is anyone just saying screw.......

This is a discussion on Is anyone just saying screw....... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Is anyone just saying screw.......

all these damn sliders and just going MySkill all the way and really seeing if this works, like playing non franchise game and seeing if the computer gets hard or plays better.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Is anyone just saying screw.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
all these damn sliders and just going MySkill all the way and really seeing if this works, like playing non franchise game and seeing if the computer gets hard or plays better.
Yep.

I actually noticed something about my own tendencies from this - I play to stop the run too often. After about 10 games my rush D slider got all the way to the max level (past All Madden - that means the CPU couldn't run at all), but I was constantly giving up over 300 yards passing. So I tried mixing in some Cover 3's and nickel D's, and - whaadya know, the CPU's pass yards went down while the run game got better. Right now both are hovering a little above All-Pro, which is right where I'd expect.

It's a neat little feature.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

I am. I love the MySkill setting, its providing the best football experience I have had yet. Close games, blow outs on both sides, high scoring, low scoring. I'm seeing it all and I love how each game plays different. Best feature EA has ever come out with ever.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree.

It's worked well for me so far (robo QB is an exception). I'm really just trolling around here to get the best opinions on what time setting produces 120-5 snaps (10 mins works for me), what penalty slider settings we should use (everything at 95 seems to work best for me) and what sub in/out settings are best (I'm at default right now...not loving it).
Old 08-19-2008, 06:30 PM   #5
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

It's not like I have anything against the Madden IQ assessment of your skills. They're just not very accurate for me in terms of rushing. It doesn't seem enjoyable for me when you have an offensive lineman getting pushed aside like a rag doll by a cornerback who's not even twice his size. I play on 'My Skill' now because I think most of these sliders being posted are bolognia. I play with just five minute quarters, and I play the game on the setting as it 'came out of the box' because that's when I really enjoyed this game- when I just started playing it. I guess some games to me aren't mean to be the most realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSF49
I am. I love the MySkill setting, its providing the best football experience I have had yet. Close games, blow outs on both sides, high scoring, low scoring. I'm seeing it all and I love how each game plays different. Best feature EA has ever come out with ever.
WOW, that's a strong statement! I know after last years slider fiasco I'd love to just set it at my skill and let the games begin. I won't start playing until next week sometime, but based on some of these posts I definitely plan to give the MySkill a shot.

Quick question ... are most of you just starting games right away with your IQ at 500, or are most of you going thru the IQ test before playing games?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:33 PM   #7
Pro

GP Mercy's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Quick question ... are most of you just starting games right away with your IQ at 500, or are most of you going thru the IQ test before playing games?
I skipped the Madden IQ test, and started with the default IQ of 500. The "Test" isn't a real indication of your stick skills, IMO..
Old 08-19-2008, 11:23 PM   #8
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Well, I went ahead and tried the MySkill feature since I was using the custom sliders. The game played great except for 12 interceptions (6 by me and 6 by the cpu). I will try 1 more game but if the ints. continue its back to custom so I can adjust the int. slider.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »