Home

Old 08-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5
The "I.Q."

What is Madden I.Q. based from? Total yards rushing and passing given up by the CPU and Player? How can they fix this to actually work right?

I don't mind it to much now, but what I plan on doing is playing the same game against a strong opponent multiple times until I think my I.Q. is adjusted right. Then play a weak defense multiple times to see if its realistic. If it seems to play pretty well, I'm turning I.Q. off and setting the settings to those that I.Q. suggested.

I'm just trying to think of a way this can be fixable so when you have a big rushing game against a weak opponent you don't get punished next week with harder sliders. Weak opponents deserve to get rushed on for good gains and yards, strong opponents don't. If you play two weak teams back to back, you won't put similus rushing numbers on them because you get penalized for the first games performance.

This is the only place I see the Madden I.Q. as to be broken and was thinking of something EA could do to improve it.

My thoughts:
1) Base the I.Q. off of yards per carry and yards per completion.
2) Have a code that determines teams defensive strength against the rush and the pass (Code must fluctuate for teams that progress and digress throughout franchises)
3) Have a code that determines offensive strength in the Run and Passing game

It may work....?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The "I.Q."

Well, the IQ doesn't change more than one notch in either direction usually. Maybe 2 notches if you really dominate a team in one area. So if you run well against a weak team against the run one week, next week its only going to be minimally harder. Now if you play weak teams like 3 weeks in a row, then it would be a problem.

Frankly, I love the IQ thing. Yes its not perfect, but I'd much rather use it than scan message boards for weeks and try tons of different sliders created by people who aren't me (one persons perfect sliders don't project to other people, everyone plays differently. With the IQ feature, I just play and the game adjusts to me to keep things competitive. Saves me alot of work.

Just my opinion.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:58 PM   #3
Rookie

The House's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
Well, the IQ doesn't change more than one notch in either direction usually. Maybe 2 notches if you really dominate a team in one area. So if you run well against a weak team against the run one week, next week its only going to be minimally harder. Now if you play weak teams like 3 weeks in a row, then it would be a problem.

Frankly, I love the IQ thing. Yes its not perfect, but I'd much rather use it than scan message boards for weeks and try tons of different sliders created by people who aren't me (one persons perfect sliders don't project to other people, everyone plays differently. With the IQ feature, I just play and the game adjusts to me to keep things competitive. Saves me alot of work.

Just my opinion.
Thats actually pretty realistic when you think about it. You get 'dumbed down' to your opponents level and then when you actually play a decent team, you dont know what hit you. I'm not saying that just because we play 3 weak teams in a row followed by a strong team that our run game should be non-existent, but I doubt any of us have mass tested this in order to get an accurate reading.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

Don't get me wrong, its a lot more useful than inputing others sliders. I've never really had success as far as a challenge and realism in a game with others sliders, not that I don't appreciate the effort, I've jsut never had success with them.

With the I.Q. feature, I've had success, but then again I've had terrible games.

I'm just wondering if it would be a good idea to maybe pick two teams, an easy team and a hard team, and play the easy team multiple times for your I.Q. to adjust good enough to allow you to run/pass against them fairly easy. Then when it is at that point play a hard team and make sure its difficult but not impossible to run against them. After you reach that point, collect your I.Q. slider settings, turn the I.Q. feature off and input the settings yourself so they never change?

I'll use the Dolphins as an example (only because of the lack of rush defense last year). I play multiple games against St Louis until i can put up around 140-150 yards rushing on them with a stellar back. Switch over to a team like the Vikings (excellent rushing defense) and play them until its becomes hard to get 80 rushing yards. Record my I.Q. settings and use them with the I.Q. feature turned off.

I'll test it tonight, and let you all know how it feels tomorrow
Old 08-23-2008, 12:23 AM   #5
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

After enough games shouldn't the IQ adjust that way for you?
I would say after about 20 games we all know how well we can play the game, so I would think the IQ would pretty much level itself off where it should, and remain fairly constant. Or am I assuming too much?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 10:37 AM   #6
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

It was my understanding that the I.Q. will always adjust as long as you continue to do to well or not good enough in games.

If you suck at running against a hard team you get rewarded and it becomes slightly easier next game, if you do to well against a poor team you get punished and it becomes harder.

According to the I.Q. A.I., they want you to have average games all season. Whatever they consider decent for rushing and passing, until you hit that mark every game your sliders will continue to auto adjust......

am i correct?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

Sorry guys, makes it kinda hard to respond with results when the only result I am getting is a game freeze after my second game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »