Home

Martin's " ASK MADDEN" with Dummy SLiders

This is a discussion on Martin's " ASK MADDEN" with Dummy SLiders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 11:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Smile Re: Martin's " ASK MADDEN" with Dummy SLiders

u have to put it on 8 minutes..it goes by fast trust me and gives u enough time for real nfl stats!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Martin's " ASK MADDEN" with Dummy SLiders

co-signing this method. Been using it for a while now. This keeps away finding money plays as well. use line adjustments and audibles if the plays will exploit your d, but you must be quick!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 01:04 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

This with the dummy sliders has saved madden for me. I havent had this much fun in madden game since PS2.

The greatest thing about it is you cant milk the easy passes/runs that are your money plays. Also it makes you look deep a few times a game. On defense Im having a blast. I see anywhere to 5-10 overthrowns/underthrows by the cpu cause from pressure. Its amazing.

I play 8min qrts cause it leads to realistic stats. I amd getteing great results I hope everyone atleast gives it a try for 1 game. It has me wanting to play madden which has not happened for a while now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Tried Heelfan's sliders, tried Dummy sliders, tried this set. The Ask Madden dummy sliders provided the best results. And they take the occasionally annoying guess work out of play selection.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:06 AM   #13
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

This method has stood the test of time for me. I had seven great games this weekend. To me this is what the game wants this year or my play calling just doesn't adapt well to the game. I think I am just to predictable in my selection. When I was calling my own defenses the CPU was getting rid of the ball too quickly so I stopped blitzing and just played a lot of zone pass D. Then I couldn't get any pressure because the CPU figured out I wasn't blitzing and the CPU QB had all day. With Madden doing the play calling I am getting sacks, I have never had less than 3 in a game, the CPU QBs are scrambling, even evading the rush where they shrug off the defender, it is fantastic. I think you have to totally mix up your play calling to have any success, especially in getting sacks. I thought I was doing that on my own but I must not have or not enough.

On offense it is a real challenge when you can't use your set 10 to 15 plays that you like to call. I am getting sacked more as Madden will call more play action than I would. Hitting the primary receiver is proving quite challenging as with Orton I am at a 49% completion percentage for the season, no more crosses and slants down the field.

This method has me more amped to play Madden than I have been in a long long time. Now I just have to hope that my franchise doesn't freeze as I can actually see myself playing fairly deep into franchise this year.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #14
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
This method has stood the test of time for me. I had seven great games this weekend. To me this is what the game wants this year or my play calling just doesn't adapt well to the game. I think I am just to predictable in my selection. When I was calling my own defenses the CPU was getting rid of the ball too quickly so I stopped blitzing and just played a lot of zone pass D. Then I couldn't get any pressure because the CPU figured out I wasn't blitzing and the CPU QB had all day. With Madden doing the play calling I am getting sacks, I have never had less than 3 in a game, the CPU QBs are scrambling, even evading the rush where they shrug off the defender, it is fantastic. I think you have to totally mix up your play calling to have any success, especially in getting sacks. I thought I was doing that on my own but I must not have or not enough.

On offense it is a real challenge when you can't use your set 10 to 15 plays that you like to call. I am getting sacked more as Madden will call more play action than I would. Hitting the primary receiver is proving quite challenging as with Orton I am at a 49% completion percentage for the season, no more crosses and slants down the field.

This method has me more amped to play Madden than I have been in a long long time. Now I just have to hope that my franchise doesn't freeze as I can actually see myself playing fairly deep into franchise this year.

Nice post! A couple of questions for you......#1 are you playing on the ps2 or ps3? #2 do you only control one defender on defense?

What I mean by that is will you take a specific defender (for instance a mlb and only control him.) That way you can't cheat and switch to the closer defender. You have to let the cpu automatically control your other 10 guys.

If so, will the cpu genearate tackles and interceptions and fumble pick ups for you. I love the cornerback position, but ifI only control a cornerback and I dont switch to the closest defender to the ball then will the cpu's offense just torch me?

I haven't played this game in 5 years, but this new dummy profile/sliders with "ask madden" playcalling has me at least intrigued.

Dowie
Old 08-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #15
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
Nice post! A couple of questions for you......#1 are you playing on the ps2 or ps3? #2 do you only control one defender on defense?

What I mean by that is will you take a specific defender (for instance a mlb and only control him.) That way you can't cheat and switch to the closer defender. You have to let the cpu automatically control your other 10 guys.

If so, will the cpu genearate tackles and interceptions and fumble pick ups for you. I love the cornerback position, but ifI only control a cornerback and I dont switch to the closest defender to the ball then will the cpu's offense just torch me?

I haven't played this game in 5 years, but this new dummy profile/sliders with "ask madden" playcalling has me at least intrigued.

Dowie
I play on the 360 and yes I only control Mike Brown (FS). The CPU does a good job with the other players for me, a CPU controlled Urlacher had 17 tackles in a game, Ogunleye (DE) had 4 sacks in a game all CPU controlled. The only real problem the CPU has is pursuit angles, but I play as FS so hopefully I am the man of last resort on some of those plays. I have always played without switching, even in past Maddens and when I called my own plays, so I am use to it. It provides a nice challenge and makes it more important to have good players around you. Now drafting becomes more important and the whole idea of building a team.

I am not getting torched by the CPU's offense. I play as the Bears so the team may matter but this method with these sliders provides a defensive game to me. The worst lose I have had so far this season was to the Titans and it was 30 - 7. I lost to the Vikings 3 - 0. My last game I beat the Packers 28 - 10. I play on 9 minute quarters. I am currently 4 - 5 which is pretty realistic as I do not think the Bears will be very good this year. The one thing I do on defense is make some global adjustments, such as show blitz for example to bring the safeties up, I move the defensive line to pinch them or spread them and then crash them as I believe that helps with getting sacks.

The main thing is do not waiver from the play that is called. So many times I see a better play pop up on the four play screen but I still must choose the highlighted one, don't switch players on defense and try to hit the primary receiver on passing plays. All passing plays will have easy short under routes that you can complete 90% of the time so you have to resist and try and hit the primary receiver to give you that challenge in the passing game.

This is the most fun I have had with Madden on next-gen by far. I have read there are freezing issues with franchise but all I can do with that one is cross my fingers as I am really enjoying my current franchise and would hate to lose it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #16
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
I play on the 360 and yes I only control Mike Brown (FS). The CPU does a good job with the other players for me, a CPU controlled Urlacher had 17 tackles in a game, Ogunleye (DE) had 4 sacks in a game all CPU controlled. The only real problem the CPU has is pursuit angles, but I play as FS so hopefully I am the man of last resort on some of those plays. I have always played without switching, even in past Maddens and when I called my own plays, so I am use to it. It provides a nice challenge and makes it more important to have good players around you. Now drafting becomes more important and the whole idea of building a team.

I am not getting torched by the CPU's offense. I play as the Bears so the team may matter but this method with these sliders provides a defensive game to me. The worst lose I have had so far this season was to the Titans and it was 30 - 7. I lost to the Vikings 3 - 0. My last game I beat the Packers 28 - 10. I play on 9 minute quarters. I am currently 4 - 5 which is pretty realistic as I do not think the Bears will be very good this year. The one thing I do on defense is make some global adjustments, such as show blitz for example to bring the safeties up, I move the defensive line to pinch them or spread them and then crash them as I believe that helps with getting sacks.

The main thing is do not waiver from the play that is called. So many times I see a better play pop up on the four play screen but I still must choose the highlighted one, don't switch players on defense and try to hit the primary receiver on passing plays. All passing plays will have easy short under routes that you can complete 90% of the time so you have to resist and try and hit the primary receiver to give you that challenge in the passing game.

This is the most fun I have had with Madden on next-gen by far. I have read there are freezing issues with franchise but all I can do with that one is cross my fingers as I am really enjoying my current franchise and would hate to lose it.

Perfectly explained. . Thank you. I wonder if it will work on the ps2?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »