Home

The good, the bad, the ugly. [Franchise Stats]

This is a discussion on The good, the bad, the ugly. [Franchise Stats] within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
The good, the bad, the ugly. [Franchise Stats]

Alright guys, I don't know where to post this but I ran a full 16 game non-simmed season with NJPapi's Dummy sliders v2 and got these results.

QB
B. Roethlisberger - 308/498, 3143 yds, 61% comp., 17 TD 28 INT, 6.3 AVG, 196 AVG/game

RB
W. Parker - 357 ATT, 1490 yds, 10 TD, 7 20+ runs, 4.1 AVG
R. Mendenhall - 78 ATT, 183 yds, 5 TD

WR

H. Ward - 45 rec, 409 yds, 1 TD
S. Holmes - 89 rec, 1024 yds, 7 TD
L. Sweed - 55 rec, 752 yds, 4 TD
N. Washington - 14 rec, 130 yds, 1 TD
H. Miller - 55 rec, 556, H. Miller, 1 TD
C. Davis - 8 rec, 30 yds, 2 TD
W. Parker - 33 rec, 216 yds, 2 TD
[Others not worth mentioning]

PROBLEM
NjPapi's default sliders had WAY too many drops. I had to adjust them. Throughout the season I totaled 50 drops, that's after adjusting catching by 20+ points after week 4 or so where I already had 20!

Blocking
EXTREMELY LOW PANCAKES FOR EVERYONE, had one person over 20 while other teams OL have ~80 per guy
~40 sacks allowed.

Defensive
TKLS - T. Polamalu: 105
TFL - B. Keisel: 16
SACK - A. Smith: 5 EXTREMELY LOW TEAM AVERAGE!
INT - J. Farrior: 8
DEFL - I. Taylor: 22

PROBLEM
With INT at 0 you get barely ANY INT and TONS of pass deflc (dropped INTs). I had to turn INTs up because the only ones I got were user ones with Farrior over the middle. When I turned it up to around 15 my DBs start making good plays on the ball and INTs came instead of massive pass deflections (team total of 100+ deflections)

Kicking
J. Reed - 28/33, 84%, 33/33 XP, LONG 48 (lowest in league, problem?)

Well that's about it. If NjPapi or anyone can respond and let me know what I can tweak to get more realistic stats on the problems area let me know please. The stats are realistic and the only thing I take PARTIAL credit for is the huge INT number. I constantly make forced throws under pressure but I'd have to say some are BS. With guys gliding 5 + yards to balls and stuff like that, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Any thoughts? Also if this is the wrong area can a mod move it please?

Overall I went 10-6 and won the division. These make it very challenging but if these problem area were fixed it'd be great.

XBL: XiX FaTe XiX

Last edited by hookedup4life31; 08-28-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 04:03 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: The good, the bad, the ugly. [Franchise Stats]

[quote=hookedup4life31;2038653676]

PROBLEM
NjPapi's default sliders had WAY too many drops. I had to adjust them. Throughout the season I totaled 50 drops, that's after adjusting catching by 20+ points after week 4 or so where I already had 20!

Blocking
EXTREMELY LOW PANCAKES FOR EVERYONE, had one person over 20 while other teams OL have ~80 per guy
~40 sacks allowed.

PROBLEM
With INT at 0 you get barely ANY INT and TONS of pass deflc (dropped INTs). I had to turn INTs up because the only ones I got were user ones with Farrior over the middle. When I turned it up to around 15 my DBs start making good plays on the ball and INTs came instead of massive pass deflections (team total of 100+ deflections)

Kicking
J. Reed - 28/33, 84%, 33/33 XP, LONG 48 (lowest in league, problem?)

QUOTE]

Drops are too high as a stat, but it's acceptable cause USER QB's are too accurate.

Disregard the pancakes. They aren't a real NFL stat and in reality the best linemen get about 2 per game. CPU OL gets too many which means you won't get line men in the pro bowl but I'll live with it.

What's your INT total? This is just a guess but sounds like you got at least 30 which would be 2003 Bucs'esque, which is on the boarder of realism.

What about your defensive team stats. Mainly YPG (running and passing) and PPG? Otherwise these seem like pretty good stats to me.

Last edited by Blue_Monkey; 08-28-2008 at 04:06 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:08 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

whats the problem here? the QB stats are realistic, the RB stats are realistic except that only 2 guys ran the ball (maybe u didnt list all of them?)

the defensive stats are not horrible......the tackles are decent, and the Int total for farrior isnt unreal either.....u would like to see a DB lead the team, but it is what it is.......the sacks are too low......

obviously this game is whacked in alot of areas, but your complaining about your results when i would say 75% of what u posted is realistic
Old 08-28-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had 28 INT. I'm not saying the stats are terrible. Most are very realistic. I'm just saying what can I adjust to fix the problem areas? My DBs combined for like 2 INT in 13 weeks before I raised it up and I don't want anything to be over the limit. Everything is great besides the things I've listed at problems and I'm not sure how much to raise what on each side.

Just looking for some tips. Willie and Mendenhall are my 1-2. My backups didn't have very many carries. Mewelde Moore probably had 5 or so.

I probably had around ~15 picks but most came after raising the sliders. The only ones that came before were user ones w/ Farrior. Everyone of my DBs dropped at least 1 ball a game and I led the league in pass deflections by almost double what the second place team had. I'll try to post team stats today if I get time.

XBL: XiX FaTe XiX

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »