Home

Sub In / Sub out sliders???

This is a discussion on Sub In / Sub out sliders??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2008, 07:22 AM   #1
K22
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon5 Sub In / Sub out sliders???

I'm looking to find some sliders that really reflect player fatigue particularly on defense....
What I mean is, when I play the ground game, I like to see the D wear down for both the CPU and me.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Sub In / Sub out sliders???

I haven't come up with persoanl sub settings yet as I'm still messing around with sliders & IQ, but no doubt the default setting is garbage! I rarely see any substitutions and I run a ball-control style of offense.

I'm guessing you'll have to do drastic adjustments to get regular subbing, i.e.

Sub Out 90+, Sub In 100
Old 09-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

You are SOL with sub in/out sliders. Even if you have it set at 99/100 your players will rarely sub out. You RB may sub out one play here and there but thats about it.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 21

It's kinda tough this year with the defense and offense tiring at different rates.

Based on the team, I'll set the sliders much higher and further apart at the positions where I know I have good depth, such as HB/WR/LB/DE/CB...

However, if there's only one guy I really want out there (ie my starting QB) I'll have the sliders moved way down so he goes out later, and closer together so he comes back sooner.

No matter what, the problem is that at any given position, all the subs come in at almost the same rate and time -- so if I'm defending against obvious passing situations in Dime or Quarters for more than 5-6 plays late in the game, then something like 3 CBs and my FS all take the same play off and I have Randy Moss as my nickle corner...

The system should be more intelligent so that it auto subs no more than 1-2 guys per position type (DE/LB/CB/S) at a time.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

Last edited by jvaccaro; 09-22-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:57 AM   #5
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaccaro
It's kinda tough this year with the defense and offense tiring at different rates.

Based on the team, I'll set the sliders much higher and further apart at the positions where I know I have good depth, such as HB/WR/LB/DE/CB...

However, if there's only one guy I really want out there (ie my starting QB) I'll have the sliders moved way down so he goes out later, and closer together so he comes back sooner.

No matter what, the problem is that at any given position, all the subs come in at almost the same rate and time -- so if I'm defending against obvious passing situations in Dime or Quarters for more than 5-6 plays late in the game, then something like 3 CBs and my FS all take the same play off and I have Randy Moss as my nickle corner...

The system should be more intelligent so that it auto subs no more than 1-2 guys per position type (DE/LB/CB/S) at a time.
i hate that. Happened to me as well. I didn't notice it until Vincent Jackson tackled Steve Smith late in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Where can you even change the sub in/out sliders? I've looked and can't find them. Do you have to wait until you get into a game or is somewhere in the My Madden menu?
Old 09-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCaponio
Where can you even change the sub in/out sliders? I've looked and can't find them. Do you have to wait until you get into a game or is somewhere in the My Madden menu?
I believe it's under the "strategy" menu ... same place you set your audibles.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K22
I'm looking to find some sliders that really reflect player fatigue particularly on defense....
What I mean is, when I play the ground game, I like to see the D wear down for both the CPU and me.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
There is no such thing bro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »